• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by blackcactus View Post
    These words needed to be said, next step is to broaden the audience

Keep moving in this direction Nikola Gruevski and you will remembered as a leader we could all respect
    Grujo was on the Milenko Nedelkovski Show last night, apparently he gave a really good interview it should come out on Youtube very soon.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

Originally posted by MacoLionHeartSun View Post
      I agree DCH, I can’t say, I don’t trust him, as I don’t personally now him…But surely, by stopping all negotiations, would send a strong message, our Identity will/should not be compromised. I say grow some balls, time for a new line off attack with Grkci, seems the existing cautious approach is not working…. well not for the last hundred years!.
      I don't trust him one iota.
      This is to score brownie points domestically within RoM
      Put your money where your mouth is Gruevski.
      STOP NEGOTIATIONS
      Then we may even start believing you
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

I don't know how Macedonian politics works, but does he have the power to stop negotiations?

I don't think those comments were for brownie points. Being from egejska Makedonia, the comments would be from the heart.
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
          • Sep 2010

Or is it his intention to wake up those that are pro negotiations, pro EU and nato before he pulls the plug.
          It's not pro Macedonian if you negotiate your name. He needs to wake himself up and end the negotiations. His words are useless and he's just saying that for popularity.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
            It's not pro Macedonian if you negotiate your name. He needs to wake himself up and end the negotiations. His words are useless and he's just saying that for popularity.
            If he said it all for popularity, wouldn't ending the negotiations also be a popular action amongst the Macedonian people?

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
              I don't know how Macedonian politics works, but does he have the power to stop negotiations?

I don't think those comments were for brownie points. Being from egejska Makedonia, the comments would be from the heart.
              I'd assume so. For a negotiation to take place there has to be the voluntary participation of two parties. Nobody can force Macedonia to take part in the negotiations, however there is excessive pressure.
              It is entirely their choice to enter the negotiating room, and it is also within their power to walk away.

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Really......if he is pro changing our name "sell out" as some would suggest, would his comments about greece and the 100 + years of problems, not work against his aspirations?

Can someone more mature please answer, does Gruevski have the power to call off these name talks?

Has he changed our name in the 4 years he has been in power?

Do you think if he wanted to, he would have by now and again would it be wise to fire up your citizens against Greece if his intentions are to sell us out ?

Or is he just walking on egg shells and being diplomatic with the west but has no intentions what so ever to change our name, where as at the same time, keep the traitors within our country (Albanians, SDSM etc) from causing our country more grief.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                  • Sep 2010

wouldn't ending the negotiations also be a popular action amongst the Macedonian people?
                  He said that before he got elected. What happened when he got elected? negotiations are still on the table for a name change. Now he's making a new speech to get Macedonian trust so he can keep his place. There's no point making such a speech if you don't bother to stop negotiations.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                    • Jan 2010

Or is he just walking on egg shells and being diplomatic with the west but has no intentions what so ever to change our name, where as at the same time, keep the traitors within our country (Albanians, SDSM etc) from causing our country more grief.
                    That is what I am inclined to believe Bill. I don't think there is any intention to change the name and all these 'negotiations' may just be taking place to show good diplomatic relations. Even though there is no issue to negotiate, as far as I'm concerned, it appears to the West that we are willing to find a solution to problems amongst nations.

But then again, the Interim Accord and Ohrid Agreement make me think twice about their true motives.
                    Last edited by EgejskaMakedonia; 11-26-2010, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Thanks for your replies EgejskaMakedonia

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                      If he said it all for popularity, wouldn't ending the negotiations also be a popular action amongst the Macedonian people?
                      This is a good point.

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                      I'd assume so. For a negotiation to take place there has to be the voluntary participation of two parties. Nobody can force Macedonia to take part in the negotiations, however there is excessive pressure.
                      It is entirely their choice to enter the negotiating room, and it is also within their power to walk away.
                      What i am getting at is, Could Gruevski make decisions like a Dictator could, run the country on his own, or would a decision to end talks have to go through parliament, and does a president have a final say. Like i said i don't understand how the Macedonian political system works. I don't understand how a country with a Prime minister and a President works.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                        • Jan 2010

He said that before he got elected. What happened when he got elected? negotiations are still on the table for a name change. Now he's making a new speech to get Macedonian trust so he can keep his place. There's no point making such a speech if you don't bother to stop negotiations.
                        You didn't answer my question though. Would the actual process of ending the negotiations be the most popular strategy for the current Government?
                        All politicians pull out the old policies and stories come election time, but if Gruevski wants the votes would't he end the negotiations immediately?

This would be seen as a favourable step for the majority of Macedonians, and certainly, I hope, everyone on this forum.

Comment

• indigen
                          • May 2009

As for me, I think the name for international use is sold and the UN (thus international) "ID CARD" will look as follows:

Country name long form: Republic of X Macedonia (or Republic of X)

Short form name: Republic of X Macedonia or (X Macedonia or X)

Nationality: Citizen of Republic of X Macedonia (or Republic of X)

Language: Macedonian (?)

In my estimation, the language designation is where the real battle lines are right at the moment and the nationality is only half-hearted resistance as it will logically follow that it will be derived out of the name of whatever the "Rep. of X" will be called for most western world general usage, and the Greeks will make sure that is the case. Watch for signals of rupture on that front given by the Greek heralds in RoM - Frchkovski and Co.

----------------

Only one solution valid for Macedonians - END the name negotiations and declare the "Interim Accord" null and void and ask to be admitted into the UN as Macedonia or decline membership if refused!
                          Last edited by indigen; 11-28-2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by indigen View Post

Only one solution valid for Macedonians - END the name negotiations and declare the "Interim Accord" null and void and ask to be admitted into the UN as Macedonia or decline membership if refused!
                            Amen.!!!!!
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                              • Sep 2010

You didn't answer my question though. Would the actual process of ending the negotiations be the most popular strategy for the current Government?
                              All politicians pull out the old policies and stories come election time, but if Gruevski wants the votes would't he end the negotiations immediately?

This would be seen as a favourable step for the majority of Macedonians, and certainly, I hope, everyone on this forum.
                              If you want to have so much faith in him, go ahead and believe everything that the politicians say. If he doesn't stop the negotiations, get ready for a name change if SDSM actually pulls off a win in elections.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                                • Jan 2010

What i am getting at is, Could Gruevski make decisions like a Dictator could, run the country on his own, or would a decision to end talks have to go through parliament, and does a president have a final say. Like i said i don't understand how the Macedonian political system works. I don't understand how a country with a Prime minister and a President works.
                                Sorry Bill didn't think of it that way.
                                I guess the issue would first have to be brought up by the cabinet, or the main ministers if such a thing exists in a Macedonian Government. The issue would then be brought to parliament for discussion and a vote would take place, and I'd assume VMRO-DPMNE would have the majority of seats, so it would likely pass.
                                I'm only taking guesses here but it's a good question. Are the negotiations even a policy or law of some sort that has been implemented, or are they entirely conducted on the will of the leaders of each country.
                                The UN may be the only source where the negotiations exist, and therefore no parliamentary process may have to occur in Macedonia to end the negotiations.
                                Again, I'm only speculating, perhaps someone else has some knowledge on maco politics.
                                Last edited by EgejskaMakedonia; 11-26-2010, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X