X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spartan
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    It was definitely one of Greece's finest hours.
    My little secret in relation to this is that both of my Grandfathers were also defending Greece around this time. As Macedonians, they were sent straight to the front lines with the least of support.
    Wow, thats crazy
    were they sent to fight in Albania as well?
    Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    No need for apologies at all mate, I don't doubt the story you told at all, just that little bit on information there. Thanks for clarifying
    cheers mate

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Macedonian PM urges Munich participants to unite Europe

PM Nikola Gruevski, who participates at the 45th Munich Security Conference, in his speech urged forum's participants to demonstrate political will in an attempt to make the final step towards Balkans' integration to Europe and Euro-Atlantic structures.

According to him, now there is a chance for Europe to be made complete unless there is a political will for taking those final steps.

- The NATO and EU enlargement is fiercely opposed by some. I call on the decision-makers to manifest their openness towards further integration. Is it going to be achieved for a certain price? Is is going to be hard? The answer to both questions is "yes" without a doubt. Nevertheless, is there a price for securing peace, stability and expansion of democratic values? For Europe to be made complete?, noted PM Gruevski in his address delivered at a panel discussion "Regional Instabilities: Transcaucasus and the Balkans".

According to him, the security and stability of the Balkans lay clearly and undoubtedly in NATO and EU. He believes that as the Balkans are leaving behind their post-conflict stage on the road to sustainable development, European and Euro-Atlantic integration is a powerful factor connecting the parties with a common goal.

- All countries in the region, in various stages, are in the midst of Euro-Atlantic integration. The Euro-Atlantic perspective for the countries in the region, NATO and EU membership, is a driving force for stabilisation and sustainable democratic development of the countries, said the PM.

It is unfortunate, he added, that Macedonia despite meeting all the required conditions and criteria and gaining recognition from the Alliance considering our military, political and social reforms, the country's invitation for NATO membership was delayed for an unspecified period, while the reason for leaving more than two million people out of the sphere of freedom, security and democracy of NATO is our constitutional name. Greece's claim that the Republic of Macedonia represents a threat for its national sovereignty is not accurate, underlined Gruevski adding that Macedonia has changed the Constitution and national flag, while remaining devoted to finding a joint solution.

- "Undoubtedly it is correct to say that Europe thrives on its diversity" said Chancellor Angela Merkel and went on to say that Europeans have learned to make the most of diversity and that is tolerance. "Europe's soul is tolerance". But, is Europe's diversity possible without freedom? How can it be explained to Macedonians that their accession to the European home - a home of various identities, will cost them their freedom of expressing who they are? That it will cost them their identity", said PM Gruevski.

He added that the consequences of Greece's objection of Macedonia are against the efforts made towards heightening the region's security and stability and hamper the effectiveness of NATO at a time when all of our collective endeavours should focus on combating terrorism and proliferation of nuclear weapons.

Macedonia in NATO, Gruevski added, will assist the stabilisation of Kosovo and will commit towards making the Alliance - including Greece - stronger and more secure. Speaking at the security forum, the PM pledged that Macedonia will resume building peace and implementing economic and social reforms.

He called on the friends of Macedonia gathered at the conference to contribute to reaffirming the interest of the Balkans, because "it will help not only Macedonia, but also the Balkans to make the final steps towards Europe's enlargement and NATO's boosted security. //02.08.09
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Demos
        Banned
        • Dec 2008

This is the same clown who was laying reefs in front of maps of "Greater Macedonia"...and now he's trying to come across as "Mother Teresa" and "Gandi".

The only way Gruevski will ever see Macedonia in NATO or the European Union is dreaming in his sleep.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Well Demos, I personally hope we do not get into the "EU - Club of fools".
          Does it offend you if this man knows about his ancestry?
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Demos
            Banned
            • Dec 2008

Well Demos, I personally hope we do not get into the "EU - Club of fools".
            Does it offend you if this man knows about his ancestry?
            With Gruev as leader, I can assure you, your wishes will only come true.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Demos, seriously.
              If he was kissing EU arse, do you think it would be any better for Macedonia?
              He has made Macedonia more prominent and more worthy of respect than any of its recent leaders. The fact that you don't like him actually encourages me.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

What exactly is clown-like about a PM paying tribute to his ancestors on a national day in front of the dream they were fighting for? You have nothing on Gruevski so you disrespect him as a person, as only a piece of shit would do.

The only clown is you and your Turkomanli leadership. Go worry about your Albanians and Anarchists in Athens, Macedonians will decide Macedonia's fate.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Sarafot
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
                  This is the same clown who was laying reefs in front of maps of "Greater Macedonia"...and now he's trying to come across as "Mother Teresa" and "Gandi".

The only way Gruevski will ever see Macedonia in NATO or the European Union is dreaming in his sleep.
                  Go away demon,go,go,ish,gitla,git,git,sikter,magla
                  Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                  - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• TerraNova
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008

He has made Macedonia more prominent and more worthy of respect than any of its recent leaders.
                    Among ultra-nationalists of the Diaspora,yes of course.

At the international community not.

He is n.1 in driving his country to a rise of nationalism ,and consequently to isolation.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
                      He is n.1 in driving his country to a rise of nationalism ,and consequently to isolation.
                      By forging a nation, he will cause isolation. TN, ease up on the ouzo.

Do you wake up in the morning and (after the traditional 20 ouzos) say "Dear Mother Ellada, I forgive you for robbing my true identity and replacing it with a mythical conglomerate of cultural escapism and will do whatever it takes to make you appear credible in the world arena"

If Gruevski is really good at his job he will even convince the Albanians they are some form of Macedonians too. We would naturally call them something different from Arvanites. How 'bout Arvanadonians?
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• TerraNova
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2008

By forging a nation, he will cause isolation. TN, ease up on the ouzo.

Do you wake up in the morning and (after the traditional 20 ouzos) say "Dear Mother Ellada, I forgive you for robbing my true identity and replacing it with a mythical conglomerate of cultural escapism and will do whatever it takes to make you appear credible in the world arena"

If Gruevski is really good at his job he will even convince the Albanians they are some form of Macedonians too. We would naturally call them something different from Arvanites. How 'bout Arvanadonians?

You know what can be a problem?

Using 19th century practices and terminology in the 21st century.
                        RoM is living after one century ,what the rest of Balkans lived in the 19th century.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

You make a point.
                          It is certainly time for the Balkans to move on.
                          Greece should show the way.
                          Instead of being Mother Germany's lapdog and saying things like "we created democracy" ... they should take a look beyond the olive trees and see the country burning.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Demos
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

Demos, seriously.
                            If he was kissing EU arse, do you think it would be any better for Macedonia?
                            He has made Macedonia more prominent and more worthy of respect than any of its recent leaders. The fact that you don't like him actually encourages me.

The only thing Gruev is leading your country to is poverty, isolation, and nationalism. The recent stunt to rename football fields and highways just highlights what kind of a clown he has become.

Europe is already starting to see him for what he is. The Saakasvili of the Balkans who thinks the Americans will protect him, but he's going to have a very rude awakening very soon.

I can tell you that in 2009 the following will happen:

EU membership?
                            VETO

Embargo 2.0
                            Highly possible...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

I strongly disagree with you.
                              And if we have Embargo 2.0, then it will be the Greeks with business interests in Macedonia who will suffer most. They will not let it happen. Macedonians on the other hand will ensure the Greeks suffer more than ever before.

The recent stunts you refer to (in a time frame) have pretty much happened at the beginning of Macedonia's independence. 15 years after Greece was created, your people were speaking Albanian still.

We will see who is correct. But don't cry too hard when you apologise here.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Back to Gruevski.

Ohrid, Ferbruary 20 (MIA) - NATO and EU membership is top priority of Macedonia's foreign policy and a logical outcome stemming from the achieved progress of reforms in all spheres of the society, noted Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski Friday in his opening speech at a two-day Ohrid conference titled "Macedonia on the Road to EU and NATO".

- We had expected a NATO accession at its summit in Bucharest, but we were left disappointed with the outcome since a resolution to the name row was imposed as a membership condition. However, it will not distract us from the right path, we will resume the reforms and constructive approach in the name talks with Greece, Gruevski said.

Macedonia, he added, is prepared for a compromise that won't threaten our national interest and national dignity.

- It would be absurd if the cost for becoming a EU member is to turn into something that is against European values i.e. to give up our own identity, the PM stressed.

He said he anticipated after the three evaluation missions came to an end in March, the European Commission to file a motion to the Council of the European Union on lifting the visa regime for Macedonian citizens and the visa liberation to enter into force by the end of 2009.

The Ohrid gathering, which aims at supporting and affirming Macedonia's strategic goal - NATO and EU accession - is attended by the former presidents of Macedonia, Bulgaria, Turkey and Romania (Kiro Gligorov, Zhelyu Zhelev, Süleyman Demirel and Emil Constantinescu respectively) as well as by other social and political figures from the Balkans.

Several working sessions will cover the subjects of "Macedonia's Place in SEE, 18 Years After Gaining Independence", "The Role of Political Myths and Legends in the Balkans", "Inter-ethnic Relations and Identities", "The Republic of Macedonia's Membership to NATO", and "EU Strategy for the Balkan Borders - Removing, Not Reshaping".

Minister of Foreign Affairs Antonio Milososki hosts the conference in Ohrid.
                                So how do we compromise without threatening our national identity?
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X