X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Bre
    • Sep 2008

Home grown in kozani
    This doesn't help you much considering the Kozani was chock full of Turks and Vlachs before the big swap.

Comment

• JasonBoris
      Banned
      • Sep 2009

The Star of Vergina, as its now called, was a symbol seen all around Hellas and not only in the Macedonian kingdom.
      It has been found in artifacts all around the ancient Hellenistic world,
      long before Macedonia was anything significant in Hellas.

To my view, it has been wrongfully linked as a symbol attributed to ancient Macedonians,
      since there is an abundance of evidence of its use, dating back to the Trojan wars, and even before that.
      It was a religious symbol, portraying the elements of nature, the 12 gods, and Hellenistic culture in general.
      It can be even considered a heretic symbol, from a hard line Christian perspective..

To be used in your flag, will be an equal misinterpretation, as is it's exclusive affiliation with ancient Macedonians.
      Last edited by JasonBoris; 11-26-2009, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• makedonin
        • Sep 2008

@JasonBoris

It is attributed Macedonian cause the Macedonian Royal House used it as it's own Royal symbol, while the rest of the Greeks and not just Greeks, but Thracians and Illyrians used it most probably as religious symbol.

But if we do your accuracy game, saying that "it would be wrong" seeing the symbol on our flag cause it ain't accurate, than for the sake of accuracy, Modern Greeks should start dancing naked in the temple of Delphy and much much more.

You agree, ain't ya?

All for the sake of accuracy, you know.
        To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• JasonBoris
          Banned
          • Sep 2009

Unfortunately for all of us, Christianity prevailed,
          and the jewel of what was the ancient world, became a relic..,
          outlawed, forbidden.. The prelude to the dark age of the human soul..

As a matter of fact, I would love to dance naked in Delphy and
          get initiated in their mysteries.. like the one of the cult of Demetra for eg.

Learn to have a historical perspective before you compare the then, with the now. A lot of things have happened in between..

Comment

• makedonin
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by JasonBoris View Post
            A lot of things have happened in between..
            That is true, but it is the Greek habit to talk about accuracy.

It was you who tried to convince us that "it will be wrong" for us to have the Sun on our flag, cause in Ancient Times it was what ever....

In reality many things have happened, and the fact prevails that we were using that symbol for a quite a while (centuries span), thus we decided to put it on our flag...

And than you came along and found it inaccurate cause some reasons that may or may not have been actual few thousands years ago.

Go ahead, dance naked and join those loonies from the Neo Hellenic religion.
            Last edited by makedonin; 11-26-2009, 12:25 PM.
            To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• JasonBoris
              Banned
              • Sep 2009

I like your signature makedonin.
              It sums up brilliantly of what Hellenism really is!

Do you share those values yourself?

Comment

• chicagoan
                Banned
                • Nov 2009

^^ i said the same thing.

Comment

• Daskalot
                  • Sep 2008

Unfortunately for all of us, Christianity prevailed,
                  and the jewel of what was the ancient world, became a relic..,
                  outlawed, forbidden.. The prelude to the dark age of the human soul..

As a matter of fact, I would love to dance naked in Delphy and
                  get initiated in their mysteries.. like the one of the cult of Demetra for eg.

Learn to have a historical perspective before you compare the then, with the now. A lot of things have happened in between..
                  And what was the name of a pagan in East Roman times....? You guessed right "Hellene", so why in the world would a modern nation based on Christian values as the emerging Greek state in the 19th century revert back to this pagan name, why oh why?
                  Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

So are you now going to claim every educated man, woman and child in the world as Hellenes?

Comment

• JasonBoris
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2009

A pagan was not a Hellene by definition..

And no, I'm not suggesting that every educated man is called a Hellene.

You boys and girls are really stubborn and aggressive to anybody that shares a different opinion than you..

Comment

• Daskalot
                        • Sep 2008

A pagan was not a Hellene by definition..

And no, I'm not suggesting that every educated man is called a Hellene.

You boys and girls are really stubborn and aggressive to anybody that shares a different opinion than you..
                        When every Greek you meet on the internet calls you a "skopian" then you get a little edgy.

Comment

• makedonin
                          • Sep 2008

So you agree that Hellenism has nothing to do with descent or blood? Do I get you right?

If that's so, and since I hold University Degree, yes I am "Hellene"

BUT, since you call your self "Hellene" and we are not alike, I object that you use the badge "Hellene" exclusively, you must change your Name in something else, maby add some Geographical distinction and few other words in your name, so that the confusion ends now. Say something like, Arvano-Hellene, or Vlacho-Hellene or maybe Slavo-Hellene, or Yunanistan-Vlacho-Hellene, or Yunanistan-Slvao-Hellene, or Yunanistan-Arano-Hellene.... pick some.........

Other wise the world will get confused, you know.

There we go, we have another name dispute now.........
                          Last edited by makedonin; 11-26-2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• JasonBoris
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2009

If you have encompassed Hellenism in your way of life, your way of thought, than yes,
                            you can be called a Hellene, or an advocate of Hellenism.
                            No distinction is needed, be you a Slav, an Egyptian, or an American.
                            Hellenism knows no such borders.

I see your University degree did not explain what the word Hellenism means, successfully.
                            Maybe you did a Math degree or something. That does not make you a Hellene.
                            (I'm not saying you are not, I'm just explaining)
                            And for me, personally, no Christian with no open mind for other religions, can be called a Hellene.
                            No monotheistic dogma, with absolute truths, besides which, everithing else is mere evil, or Heretic,
                            have a place with Hellenism.
                            Last edited by JasonBoris; 11-26-2009, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• makedonin
                              • Sep 2008

If you have encompassed Hellenism in your way of life, your way of thought, than yes,
                              Do you mean advocating Hellenism like sending Obama a letter to rename my Country name and calling my people Skopjani or Slavs or Bulgars etc.

Ain't gonna happen.

And for me, personally, no Christian with no open mind for other religions, can be called a Hellene.
                              No monotheistic dogma, with absolute truths, besides which, everithing else is mere evil, or Heretic,
                              have a place with Hellenism.
                              You just said good bye to about 99% of your people.

Congratulation.
                              Last edited by makedonin; 11-26-2009, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

I am having a Hellenism right now .... in my pants.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X