X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasonBoris
    Banned
    • Sep 2009

Hellenes are Greeks. They are the same. Its just a language English to Greek translation issue.
    Greeks call themselves Hellenes, and English speakers call us Greeks.
    Nothing to do with Hellenism.
    We covered before what Hellenism (the cultural term) means.

Maybe we are to complicated for some of you to understand. (Greek studies might help here)
    Why don't you look at your problems rather than being so obsessed with what is a Greek, and what is a Hellene.

And nobody claims direct decent from Plato, neither pure blood. NOBODY except maybe those nationalist fools, which are, again, a hand full of idiots.
    Those are the falsehoods some hate spreaders say for us, to make us look racists.
    (Risto being the champion of spreading this falsehood)

Now its 5:30 in the morning over here in Hellas/Greece, so goodnight?, good morning?..

Has been an interesting evening.
    Last edited by JasonBoris; 11-26-2009, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Coolski
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by JasonBoris View Post
      There has been genocide, between Bulgarians and Greeks. FACT.
      We both tore each other apart for control over the region.
      Nobody denies that. When the Ottomans where there, we fought together against the Ottoman, but also against each other.
      Terrible times if you ask me. Atrocities? Full on!
      But nothing to be proud of.
      But against Ottomans, Bulgarians, and factions of Bulgarian origin.
      It's nice that you're telling me about Greeks and Bulgarians, but i'm talking about Greeks and Macedonians. Perhaps you can talk about Bulgarians on a Bulgar forum, where people care. The fact that you have admitted to Greece having committed genocide however, is significant.

Now, nation building?
      Isn't that what is exactly happening in your part of the woods right now?
      Not quite. People are debating political strategies.

Greeks are not fighting in cafes about whether they are Slav or ancient Macedonians!
      Of course not, because if they were to begin such debates, it would be concluded that they are not Slavic nor ancient Macedonians, but a group of people that are unified in religion, accepting a language and identity inflicted on them by the orthodox church. Oh of course, that's another definition of "Greek", "Orthodox"! Just like all of the "Romans" (Catholics) of Mexico, South America and even Croatia, so too are all the "Greeks" in Egypt, Syria and even Turkey, before they were sent to Greece in 1922.

Modern Greeks do not have such debates because if they question the line that Greeks are direct descendants of ancients, they are no longer considered Greek.

Have you asked why this debate is occurring in your motherlands public places and chit chats as we speak?
      Of course. I think it has something to do with economic and political blackmail, foreign meddling in Macedonia's internal affairs and generally evil activity by a particular Balkan country to the south.

As for religion, the entire European continent is Christian, so are the Italians. Do we deny Italians of their Pantheon days?
      Do the Italians deny the Roman heritage of other nations which surround them? The answer to this question also answers your question.

Greece is a Christian nation, the 12 gods are no more..
      That does not make us any less Greek..
      That depends... which "Greek" are you talking about? There are so many.

Genocide of the Macedonians..
      It is not us that suddenly remembered our awakening.. our higher calling.. our occupied lands, Our ancient roots..
      Of course not. That was 200 years ago. You are just perpetuating the heritage of that lunacy.

If anything, we can say the Turks occupy Smyrna ets..
      But we don't any more!!!! Those days are over!!!
      they have no place in the world ahead of us!
      But you keep saying about Aegean, Pirrin ets..
      It's over, move on!
      Things will move on when Macedonians have human rights. Until racist policies are removed from Greece nothing can move further.
      - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
      - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Sovius
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by JasonBoris View Post

They do not lay claim directly from antiquity as you say.
        That is absurd. Whoever does that is nothing more than a romantic..
        I wasn't aware that this was the case. So when exactly is your goverment going to hand Aegean Macedonia back over?

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

Greeks Christians hahahahahah. With all the atrocities your church has commited, who needs satan I am sure God will be pleased with your demonic church.
          Last edited by Bill77; 11-26-2009, 11:23 PM.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Dejan
            • Sep 2008

Ahhhh how refreshing, another internet warrior from athens, who will spin his story enough in order for him to wiggle himself out of answering any questions he is asked. Never saw that coming!

Within your 20 measley posts you have shown that you are no different to any other run of the mill athenian who actually cannot think for himself, but probably consults a word document labelled as 'offisial grik history.doc' to copy and paste a history lesson that we Macedonians can all enjoy and be 'enlightened' with.

Tell me jason, do you really believe that we Macedonians will cease to exist as Macedonians should the Republic of Macedonia be blackmailed and forced to give up it's god given name? Will we disappear into thin air just like Marty McFly did when he went back in time to 1955? Will anything change in ellada if we keep our constitutional name? Ask boris these questions as well.

I personally don't think this athenian name issue is over by a long shot (it's athens who has an issue with our name, we Macedonians don't have an issue with it). For one, we still have many Macedonians who were exiled that are taking greece to court over loss of lands, and the figure is in the billions of dollars! How are you athenians going to sweep that one under the rug?

The problem with you neogreeks is that you rely too much on ancient history, where the facts can be interpreted into portraying whatever you want (in this case trying to show the world that there is no Macedonian ethnicity/language/culture). Well i'd hate to point this out to you, but we are living proof that a Macedonian ethnicity/language/culture do exist and there's nothing you or any eu bullshit organization can do about it, no matter how many times you enlighen us with your posts on this forum. I love it how when you athenians are hit with modern history you guys seem to have amnesia. Your country must be full of ancient historians!

I say sit back, relax, and enjoy your stay (whether short or long) in this Macedonian forum. You may even learn a thing or two from us 'skopjans' (actually i'm a 'bitolchan' lol).

Pozdrav od Makedoncite
            Last edited by Dejan; 11-26-2009, 11:34 PM.
            You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Actualy, you are a Heraklean Dejan

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Hellenes are Greeks. They are the same.
                Perhaps in some cases they can be considered as such, but in most cases, particularly those which you most likely refer to as evidence of your 'continuity', they are not.
                Its just a language English to Greek translation issue.
                No, it isn't just that. Greek was used by the western world to refer to people of the East Christian faith, I can show you citations of Russia's church being called the 'Greek Church' by your English friends, clearly the issue is not as simplistic as you would like it to be.
                Greeks call themselves Hellenes
                Modern Greeks have only began to collectively call themselves 'Hellenes' from the 19th century - After the modern Greek state was formed by the Great Powers. Where is the self-designated nation of 'Hellenes' in the 18th century? 17th century? 16th century?
                Nothing to do with Hellenism.
                Damn straight.
                We covered before what Hellenism (the cultural term) means.
                Hellenism is a 19th century construct, largely inspired by external elements. While the French and English were reading ancient texts about democracy and philosophy, Morea was producing Albanian-speaking sons who would later become your heroes and leaders.
                Maybe we are to complicated for some of you to understand.
                Maybe keeping it complicated is what works for you, as it allows something simple to perpetuate endlessly in a sea of lies and propaganda. As for us, we know exactly who you are, you can try and pull the wool over the eyes of unsuspecting foreigners, but we know who we are and we sure as hell know who you are.
                Risto being the champion of spreading this falsehood
                What falsehoods?
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Dejan
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                  Actualy, you are a Heraklean Dejan
                  LOL, i think you're right Bill

Notice how athenians love to tip toe around the definition of 'hellenism'? It seems to be more common than not.
                  You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Bij
                    • Oct 2009

Meh you guys, I had hellenism on toast for breakfast.

Comment

• chicagoan
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2009

Ignorance is bliss...but i wouldnt know how to classify the last couple pages i read on this thread. Simply priceless...

Comment

• Bij
                        • Oct 2009

Comment

• chicagoan
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2009

^^^ lol !

but seriously..some of the posts i read was so out of touch with reality, i wouldnt know where to start.

Comment

• Bij
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by chicagoan View Post
                            ^^^ lol !

but seriously..some of the posts i read was so out of touch with reality, i wouldnt know where to start.

and this, children, is why drugs are bad.

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bij View Post

Comment

• chicagoan
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Bij View Post

right back at you bro...

Comment

Working...
                                X