X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chicagoan
    Banned
    • Nov 2009

Dobranoc guys...its midnite in Athens ( yes..i live in greece )

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by chicagoan View Post
      Dobranoc guys...its midnite in Athens ( yes..i live in greece )
      Welcome to the forum Chicagoan!
      I will assume that you have read our rules here, correct?
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
        • Jan 2009

Cmon man..thats a stupid question. Why the hell would we have to wave a flag of that symbol in the first place ? Why not use the greek key as a symbol ? Or the spartan lambda as a symbol to wave around. What would seperate the verginia sun between those other ones and why only choose that one as an example ? Just because we dont wave the spartan lambda or the greek key as flags..does that mean they are not greek ? I dont get it. It doesnt make sense...
        So your telling me there was not one Proud Greek-Macedonian to demonstrate your continued 4000 years of lineage..?
        Or why wasn't it used as a official Flag or to aleast incorparte it with your Bavarian Flag..?
        Origins of the modern 'Greek' flag
        I'll let you all be the judge... The modern Greek flag as we all know it Early variants of the Flag and colours of the German state of Bavaria. An old Bavaria Royal naval jack. The Royal Flag of Greece with the Bavarian Coat of Arms. The Modern Flag of Bavaria.

So why don't you see it on churches and building etc as we do for thousands of years..
        Macedonian affair with the Sun

You see cigaon you very well know that it's not Greek..and if you really think that it is.. then your just a very brianwash fool...

check these out..
        Macedonian symbol the SUN Macedonia culture,history,civilization,land of the sun
        YouTube - Macedonian symbol the SUN Macedonia culture,history,civilization,land of the sun
        YouTube - Macedonian symbol the SUN Macedonia culture,history,civilization,land of the sun 2
        The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• El Bre
          • Sep 2008

Greece made a serious compromise by allowing the name macedonia to be used That is a major shift in greek policy.

In regards to your changing of the flag...what did you ppl expect back then ? You used the tower of thessaloniki as your currency and a symbol in verginia as a state symbol. I mean seriously...wtf were your politicians thinking?
          False. Greece had no choice, the only people who came out of the Balkan nation building process and were commonly known as Macedonians weren't Greek. The cat was already out of the bag. For the Greek Government to try and put that genie back in the bottle would have been impossible, like unscrambling an egg really. So basically they spun it as a concession, which it is not.

This is a myth, Borza says as much in his Macedonian Redux essay.
          Last edited by El Bre; 11-24-2009, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Get a grip man..i have family from macedonia ( Kozani ) that are NOT prosfigs. They go way back prior to 1913...they have been there with you living side by side. Only difference is that the greeks in the region were not that many. But that doesnt mean we were non-existant. I got an american education my friend...ppl in macedonia cant even put an encyclopedia together without getting ridiculed. And you want to teach me history ?

ok.
            Let me break this stupid post up.

Malaka's Quote: "this is rich...really is. There are greeks that say you didnt know what that symbol was until we used in protests back in early 90's."

Reply: well goes to show what thick heads and a bunch of fools these Greeks are. Check the Archaeology of the Ancient World thread for just some examples.

Malaka's Quote:"I got an american education my friend..."

Reply: what is it with you Arabs, have you not heard of the word Modest? Every Greek that comes in here is a rocket scientist or Brain surgeon.

Malaka's Quote:"And you want to teach me history ?"

Reply: Yeh.... you will learn the truth and its for free.

Malaka's Quote:"Get a grip man..i have family from macedonia ( Kozani )

Reply: my goodness, first you were Polish, then you are a Greek, Now a Macedonian. How many fathers do you have?

I apoligise admin, i seriously can not reply to this fool in any other manner exept with a return of sarcasim. Thats all it deserves. i am not sure what he wants. If he starts showing respect, i will give it right back to him with out a dought.
            Last edited by Bill77; 11-24-2009, 09:21 PM.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

Chicagoan don't think for a moment that you are Greek & you have this link with the Ancient Macedonians you don't.Your country today is made up ofAlbanians,Vlachs,Turks,so called slav Macedonians.Hey how come i didn't mention the Greeks cause there is'n't any they left or were wiped out.Why is there so much as on helenisation to make up the population that's missing.For example the most prevalent population was Macedonian prior to the 1920's.Greece had the population exchanges bringing prosfeges from turkey & settling them in northern Greece.Guess what you didn't know this that there was a distinction made between the native population & the settled population.One was called Prosfeges from turkey,The other were called endopiMacedonians) which means native sttlers.
              Also people could become Greek simply if they spoke Greek & acted like a Greek.
              The Macedonians were forbidden to speak their language,sing etc they past laws that would discriminate against macedonians.They can't have jobs unless they change their name to Greek & speak Greek.Chicago man wake up & stop beleiving the crap that's peddled by the Greek GOvernment.Don't forget many of yopu president's were Albanian alsoyour National dress with the pandolfi is Albanian.Not to mention your flag is another country's.
              Last edited by George S.; 11-24-2009, 10:32 PM. Reason: edit
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• chicagoan
                Banned
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                Let me break this stupid post up.

Malaka's Quote: "this is rich...really is. There are greeks that say you didnt know what that symbol was until we used in protests back in early 90's."

Reply: well goes to show what thick heads and a bunch of fools these Greeks are. Check the Archaeology of the Ancient World thread for just some examples.

Malaka's Quote:"I got an american education my friend..."

Reply: what is it with you Arabs, have you not heard of the word Modest? Every Greek that comes in here is a rocket scientist or Brain surgeon.

Malaka's Quote:"And you want to teach me history ?"

Reply: Yeh.... you will learn the truth and its for free.

Malaka's Quote:"Get a grip man..i have family from macedonia ( Kozani )

Reply: my goodness, first you were Polish, then you are a Greek, Now a Macedonian. How many fathers do you have?

I apoligise admin, i seriously can not reply to this fool in any other manner exept with a return of sarcasim. Thats all it deserves. i am not sure what he wants. If he starts showing respect, i will give it right back to him with out a dought.
                LOL ! you cant have dual nationalities ? Get a life man...

Comment

• chicagoan
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                  Chicagoan don't think for a moment that you are Greek & you have this link with the Ancient Macedonians you don't.Your country today is made up ofAlbanians,Vlachs,Turks,so called slav Macedonians.Hey how come i didn't mention the Greeks cause there is'n't any they left or were wiped out.Why is there so much as on helenisation to make up the population that's missing.For example the most prevalent population was Macedonian prior to the 1920's.Greece had the population exchanges bringing prosfeges from turkey & settling them in northern Greece.Guess what you didn't know this that there was a distinction made between the native population & the settled population.One was called Prosfeges from turkey,The other were called endopiMacedonians) which means native sttlers.
                  Also people could become Greek simply if they spoke Greek & acted like a Greek.
                  The Macedonians were forbidden to speak their language,sing etc they past laws that would discriminate against macedonians.They can't have jobs unless they change their name to Greek & speak Greek.Chicago man wake up & stop beleiving the crap that's peddled by the Greek GOvernment.Don't forget many of yopu president's were Albanian alsoyour National dress with the pandolfi is Albanian.Not to mention your flag is another country's.
                  yeah...ok. First subsaharan then we are vlachs. Do you really want to go down that road ? What do YOU have to prove that you have any continutiy wahtsoever with macedonians. At least my language is proof of itself. Prosfigs simply made up of what was lost in the past. There are greeks like my cousin that is from kozani and is NOT a prosfig. The greek existance in macecdonia was not gone. Just A LOT LESS...
                  Why is that so hard for you ppl to understand this ?

Also, i heard about how macedonians were prohibited to speak, and ECT. Yet us horrible greeks somehow let them manage to dance in thessaloniki's university. I believe the link is posted in maknews. I think there is a descrepency here. You might want to stop listening to propaganda thats in your head..not mine file.

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Also, i heard about how macedonians were prohibited to speak, and ECT. Yet us horrible greeks somehow let them manage to dance in thessaloniki's university. I believe the link is posted in maknews. I think there is a descrepency here. You might want to stop listening to propaganda thats in your head..not mine file.
                    BRAVO Give This Guy the Nobel peace prize. Infact give the whole Greek Nation for alowing this to happen. So this one incident gets Greece out of jail for all its atrocities it performed since 1913.
                    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• chicagoan
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2009

atrocities ? you have no idea...

whatever man..thats BS i dont buy it. Sorry...

Its not our fault the commies lost the war. We lost ours in Asia Minor. You lost yours in Macedonia. The albos lost theres in Epirus...Deal with it...its life

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                        • Jan 2009

yeah...ok. First subsaharan then we are vlachs. Do you really want to go down that road ? What do YOU have to prove that you have any continutiy wahtsoever with macedonians. At least my language is proof of itself. Prosfigs simply made up of what was lost in the past. There are greeks like my cousin that is from kozani and is NOT a prosfig. The greek existance in macecdonia was not gone. Just A LOT LESS...
                        Why is that so hard for you ppl to understand this ?
                        There's nothing hard to understand here china. You wouldn't even be able to prove that there was a constant modern "greek" presence in Macedonia in the first place. Second, whether you be a Vlacho or a Slavophoney "greek" or a Baptised Turk doesn't mean that a supposed "greek" ethnicity or culture existed as such in Macedonia when it was occupied in the early 20th century. A LOT LESS.....OR ZERO TO NEGATIVE?
                        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

We lost ours in Asia Minor.
                          Who is "we"? How can you be so inclusive to embrace the Asia Minor Christians as "we"?
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Its not our fault the commies lost the war.
                            You do realise the Macedonian struggle in modern times commenced far earlier than the civil war in modern Greece don't you?
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• chicagoan
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              Who is "we"? How can you be so inclusive to embrace the Asia Minor Christians as "we"?
                              I speak for myself. I have roots going to Constantinople from my grandmothers side.

pls keep in mind that its common knowledge that there were a lot of greeks in asia minor. I dont have statistics but it was a huge number.
                              I know a lot of ppl on your side of the pond tend to use this fact as some kind of proof of our non-existance in macedonia. But that is just wishfull thinking. I myself have no direct connection but my cousin does from his fathers side. Home grown in kozani, way before the exchange ever took place. He still has land over there too..

The decision to exchange the population on religous grounds was on Turkey's insistence btw.. Venizelos accepted. Cest la vie...

Comment

• chicagoan
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                You do realise the Macedonian struggle in modern times commenced far earlier than the civil war in modern Greece don't you?

no, im not aware of that event. I dont doubt...i just dont know about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X