Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AMHRC
    De-registered
    • Sep 2009

Show your Support for Macedonian Human Rights

Show your support for Macedonian Human Rights. Silence is NOT an option!

MHRMI and AMHRC call on Macedonians throughout the world to show their support for human rights for Macedonians throughout the Balkans.

MHRMI and AMHRC finance and organize all Macedonian human rights activities and work directly with every Macedonian human rights organization including Vinozhito, OMO Ilinden PIRIN, MAEI, Nova Zora, Narodna Volja, Ilinden Tirana, the Home of Macedonian Culture, and all others.

By supporting us, you are directly supporting the cause of human rights for all Macedonians.

Among our many initiatives are:

Macedonian language classes in Aegean Macedonia and Albania, including the opening of another new kindergarten class in Korca, Albania;
    In addition to the MHRMI/AMHRC-purchased and financed radio station in Lerin, we recently opened a TV station in Korca;
    The historic Detsa Begaltsi lawsuit against Greece for the return of confiscated property, citizenship and financial compensation;
    The funding of pro-Macedonian newspapers and publications in Aegean Macedonia, Pirin Macedonia and Mala Prespa;
    The landmark European Court of Human Rights judgements against Bulgaria and Greece for violating Macedonian human rights;
    The operation of human rights offices for Macedonians in Bulgaria, Greece and Albania;
    The crucial Our Name is Macedonia campaign, which demands that Macedonia end all negotiations over its name; and
    Funding successful election campaigns for Macedonian candidates in Bulgaria, Greece and Albania.

We also lobby strongly for recognition of Macedonia and Macedonian human rights in Washington, Ottawa, Canberra, Brussels and throughout the world, specifically:

Meetings with Canadian, American, Australian and European heads of state and parliamentarians;
    Meetings with Foreign Affairs officials from Canada, Australia, the US State Department, Council of Europe, among many others;
    Attendance at United Nations, OSCE and other international human rights conferences and
    Meetings with UN Ambassador Nimetz to reiterate our demand that the international community support the end to the "name negotiations".

Macedonians are organized, energized and determined to pursue their struggle for universal human rights. The biggest challenge we face is a financial one. Please show your support by joining the MHRMI Human Rights Fund: http://www.mhrmi.org/donation.asp or the AMHRC's Macedonian Minorities Support Fund: http://www.macedonianhr.org.au/wip/i...=109&Itemid=95

Thank you in advance.

For more information, please contact:

Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) at 1-416-850-7125, [email protected], www.mhrmi.org, twitter.com/mhrmi, facebook.com/mhrmi

Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) at +61 3 9329 8960, [email protected], www.macedonianhr.org.au, facebook.com/AMHRC
    Last edited by AMHRC; 11-23-2011, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

The most notable and worthy Macedonian organisations in the entire world!
      I will be doing everything within my means to support them and urge all Macedonians to do so if they haven't yet, and increase your support if you already do support them - the time for action is right now the time for support is right now, look back in years to come and say to yourself with pride how you contributed to this noble cause instead of looking back and saying ...what went wrong?....maybe I could have helped a little more!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

I have to say, the editorial in the latest issue of the AMHRC newsletter by George Vlahov is brilliant. I was inspired by it and I think that everyone should try to read it.

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

George, if you read this, your editorial in the latest newsletter was an inspiration to read.

Comment

• Niko777
            • Oct 2010

In addition to the MHRMI/AMHRC-purchased and financed radio station in Lerin
            AMHRC, is there any update with the radio station? Can we expect it to go live by the end of this year?

Comment

• AMHRC
              De-registered
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
              The most notable and worthy Macedonian organisations in the entire world!
              I will be doing everything within my means to support them and urge all Macedonians to do so if they haven't yet, and increase your support if you already do support them - the time for action is right now the time for support is right now, look back in years to come and say to yourself with pride how you contributed to this noble cause instead of looking back and saying ...what went wrong?....maybe I could have helped a little more!
              Originally posted by Pelister View Post
              I have to say, the editorial in the latest issue of the AMHRC newsletter by George Vlahov is brilliant. I was inspired by it and I think that everyone should try to read it.
              Thanks!

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
              AMHRC, is there any update with the radio station? Can we expect it to go live by the end of this year?
              Niko,

It is only lack of funds that is preventing the radio station from going live at the moment. Law requires it to be fully staffed and insured etc. and when these funds are raised, it will go live - this may take another month or it might take another 18 months....it is not possible to give a definite answer at this time.
              Last edited by AMHRC; 11-25-2011, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• AMHRC
                De-registered
                • Sep 2009

MHR Review no.9 - just released

MHR Review no.9

For a download option, please click the following link: http://www.macedonianhr.org.au/wip/i...=107&Itemid=99

Inside this issue:

*One Hundred Year’s Ago: The Partition of Macedonia – George Vlahov

*MHRMI and AMHRC Reiterate Demand that Macedonia End Name ‘Negotiations’

*Show Your Support for Macedonian Human Rights

*To the Foreign Minister of Australia – David Vitkov

*To SBS and WUG – Goran Babuasku

*Hague Judgement Reinforces Need for Macedonia to End Name ‘Negotiations’

*Random Summer Thoughts – George Papadakis

*Успешна Приказна на Мигрант од Македонија – Игор Павловски

*A Review of Meto Jovanovski’s Novel: Cousins – Dr. Michael Seraphinoff

*AMHRC and MHRMI Denounce Albania’s Census

*We need to Reinvigorate and Quickly – Eftim Mitrevski

*Landmark Study of Macedonian Language nears Completion – Dr. Chris Popov

*Interview with DJ Mangal – John Tsiglev

*AMHRC Meets with Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard

*Political Lobbying and Australia’s Macedonian Community – Sasha Nackovski

*Our Soul is Always There – Dimitri Jovanov

*Historic Moments in Lerin – Dimitri Jovanov

*Speech by Professor Victor A. Friedman at the launch of the New Macedonian to Greek Dictionary in Lerin

*The 2001 Civil Conflict in Macedonia and the Framework Agreement – Vasko Nastevski

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Some interesting headings here!
                  I look forward to reading.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• AMHRC
                    De-registered
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    Some interesting headings here!
                    I look forward to reading.
                    Well we hope you enjoy it Risto. We have changed the title of the Review slightly and this editorial explains why:

Editorial

From AMHRC Review to MHR Review – not a Revolution, just another Sensible Improvement...

Dear readers, you will have noticed a change in the title of the Review. The AMHRC and MHRMI have been cooperating very closely, for over two decades; so it should be no surprise that our organisations recently made a decision to issue the Review jointly. Though as indicated by the subheading, this is not a ‘revolution’ and in more than one sense of the word.

The new title does not indicate a drastic alteration and nor does it signify a changeless circular motion. The content of the Review will continue developing along its established path; will remain available for electronic download without charge, on the websites of the AMHRC/MHRMI and we shall carry on publishing it four times a year, a month after the end of each season. Thus this is not issue number one, but nine; however, the fact that MHRMI will now also be distributing a full colour hardcopy of the magazine to all of its members/supporters in Canada and North America in general, is obviously a significant novelty.

That said, I hope you find use in this issue of the MHR Review, which is ‘bookended’ by two relatively long ‘looks’ at events from Macedonia’s past. The ‘in between,’ as is usual, possesses updates on our current activities, reports from our colleagues in the Balkans and highlights the artistic efforts of some Macedonians.

George Vlahov

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Thanks for the good work from you and your team GV...looking forward to reading the articles.

I hope 2012 brings you all many successes.

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

AMHRC
                        Great review! Keep up the good work boys!
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

George, I take it MHR stands for 'Macedonian Human Rights'?

I look forward to reading it, particularly the piece on the FA, which is a pet interest of mine and the bulk of my thesis
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• AMHRC
                            De-registered
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                            Thanks for the good work from you and your team GV...looking forward to reading the articles.

I hope 2012 brings you all many successes.
                            Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                            AMHRC
                            Great review! Keep up the good work boys!
                            Thanks people!

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                            George, I take it MHR stands for 'Macedonian Human Rights'?

I look forward to reading it, particularly the piece on the FA, which is a pet interest of mine and the bulk of my thesis
                            Yeah Tom, it's Macedonian Human Rights Review - not a major change but a change anyway.

With the FA, well it might be of some use to you, though your research would necessarily be much wider.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Alkl i can say is thank goodness likeAMHR that actually represents the peopl'es rights.
                              George we'll read up what you got & keep up the good work here & abroad.
                              Last edited by George S.; 01-14-2012, 04:19 AM. Reason: ed
                              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• mango
                                • Feb 2010

Thanks guys! Excellent job. Great move to combine MHRMI and AMHRC resources.

Comment

Working...
                                X