Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by AMHRC View Post
    не во секој случај, ама така, одвреме навреме, не е лошо да се користи таков збор.....
    Given the topic, perhaps more often than not.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

не во секој случај, ама така, одвреме навреме, не е лошо да се користи таков збор.....
      The best organizations will call a turd a turd and that's what I prefer.
      Whilst the lesser organizations are fixated with polishing turds.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

spin doctoring their turds.So shiny looks like new turd everytime.
        Jokes aside AMHRC leaves these people light years in exemplary behaviour.Perhaps others could take a leaf & learn from them.
        Last edited by George S.; 07-06-2013, 03:12 AM.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• AMHRC
          De-registered
          • Sep 2009

AMHRC & Macedonian Community Delegation Meets FM Carr

AMHRC and Macedonian Community Delegation Meets with
          Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs and Opposition MP

Sydney, 5 July 2013

Today, a Macedonian community delegation* led by the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee and the Macedonian community of Wollongong met with the Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs, Senator the Hon. Bob Carr. The meeting was organised as part of ongoing consultations between the Macedonian community and the Federal Government. A range of important issues of concern were discussed, including possible Australian government recognition of the Republic of Macedonia under its official and democratically chosen name.

This is the second meeting in less than a year between an AMHRC and Macedonian community of Wollongong led delegation and Senator Carr. On 16 November 2012, the Minister visited the Macedonian Orthodox Community of Wollongong St Dimitrija Solunski. During his address to the gathering at Wollongong Senator Carr described the case for the recognition of Macedonia’s official name, presented by the AMHRC, as “powerful and persuasive”. The Minister added, "We hear you, we understand the arguments, and we'll get there."

In a separate meeting also held today, the AMHRC-led delegation also met with Luke Simpkins MP, from the opposition Liberal Party. The delegation thanked Mr Simpkins, the Vice-Chairperson of the Australia-Macedonia Parliamentary Friendship Group for his continued support of the Macedonian community and for his repeated and open call for Australia to recognise the Republic of Macedonia under its official name.

The AMHRC continues to encourage Australian-Macedonians to contact their local federal MPs and ask them to support a change in Australian government policy, based on the following principles:

• The official name of Macedonia, which has been democratically chosen by the people of the country and is enshrined in the country’s constitution, is the Republic of Macedonia. The freely chosen name is consistent with the right to self-determination; a fundamental aspect of international law.

• Since 1994, when Australia first considered its approach to the Republic of Macedonia, there were only a handful of states which recognised the independence of the Republic of Macedonia, even fewer which recognised its official name. However, since then, in the following 18 years, the Republic of Macedonia has entered into diplomatic relations with about 160 states and over 130 of these states (i.e. 80%), do so under its official name the “Republic of Macedonia.”

• All of Australia’s major allies (including the United States, Canada, the UK and India) have recognised the Republic of Macedonia under that name in bilateral relations. There is no reason why Australia could not follow this trend.

• Future Australian recognition of the Republic of Macedonia would have NOTHING to do with the current UN discussions between the Republic of Macedonia and Greece. The UN process is an entirely separate matter and Australia is not bound by any UN terminology or process. There is nothing in UNSC Resolution 817 or indeed in any other UN resolution or document that prevents states from recognising the Republic of Macedonia under its official name. UNSC Resolution 817 does not bind other parties or indeed member states in their dealings with the Republic of Macedonia.

The AMHRC will continue to lobby the Australian government for a change in policy and further meetings with government ministers are expected in the near future.

#####

* Тhe delegation represented the following Macedonian community organisations: The Association of Macedonian Communities in Australia Inc; The Macedonian Community of WA Inc, The Macedonian Community of Adelaide & South Australia Inc; The Macedonian Orthodox Community of Melbourne & Victoria Inc; The Macedonian Orthodox Community of Geelong Inc; The Macedonian Orthodox Community of St Mary, St Albans, Victoria, The Macedonian Orthodox Community of Sts Kiril & Metodi, Roseberry; The Macedonian Orthodox Community of St Nikola, Cabramatta; The Macedonian Orthodox Community of St Petka, Rockdale, Sydney; The Macedonian Orthodox Community of Wollongong, St Dimitrija Solunski; The Macedonian Orthodox Community of Queanbeyan, St Ilija; The Macedonian Orthodox Community of Canberra, St Kliment; The Macedonian Orthodox Community of Newcastle, St Mary; The Macedonian Orthodox Community of Brisbane Inc., St Mary.

Established in 1984, the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) is a non-governmental organisation that informs and advocates before international institutions, governments and broader communities about combating racism and promoting human rights. Our aspiration is to ensure that Macedonian communities and other excluded groups throughout the world, are recognised, respected and afforded equitable treatment. For more information please visit www.macedonianhr.org.au, email [email protected] or via +61 3 9329 8960.
          Last edited by AMHRC; 07-05-2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Grotius
            • Dec 2009

another exceptional effort to put together a quality publication. the standard of the intellectual contribution is second to none. already can't wait for the next issue! well done to AMHRC.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
              • Nov 2009

As everyone on this forum knows our view on the use of the ventilator. We have often criticized other organizations for this namely UMD which are the biggest offenders. The excuse it always the same that if they dont have the ventilator Macedonian government officials wont attend. Any organization who uses both flags (Makedonsko sonce and ventilator) is confused and is sending mixed signals. You can not justify having a standar ventilator flag or a tinny pin with many larger Makedonsko sonce flags.

MHRMI's banquet gala is well put together with some very passionate speeches. Unfortunately like many watching this video will be put off by watching the flag of capitulation in the background. I think we all deserve an explanation seeing as we have countless thread dedicated to why the ventilator should not be adopted by Macedonians.

Thank you

Minute 16:49 I stopped watching after spotting the ventilator. Not one but two

Macedonian Edition 316 - YouTube
              Last edited by lavce pelagonski; 07-08-2013, 04:59 AM. Reason: Two Ventilators spotted
              Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Lavce you are so right having the ventilator there is a huge let down .It smears the talk of a reminder of a capitulation despite what is said.To those that still desire the ventilator flag,think about it you can't serve two masters one of capitulation & the ventilator.One of steadfastness & the macedonian sun.Some people do not even think about it they have blind faith & accept a flag that was FORCED agains't our will.THe sooner people realise that we shouldn't accept the flag of capitulation simple as that the better..
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                  • Nov 2009

Is some one going to respond to my post?
                  Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• AMHRC
                    De-registered
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
                    Is some one going to respond to my post?
                    Hi Lavce, I'm sure someone from MHRMI will respond to your question, even though you have placed it in a thread that is irrelevant to the topic of your question.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Probably requires an assessment of the hall the event was held at. Who runs it. Who supports the flags. It seems pretty solid on the real sonce in the sense that the only flags added for the event are the real ones.

The Adelaide community (as an example) has similar stupidities feeling they should somehow embrace the new flag of capitulation as well as the old real one.

Not an epic failure in my mind, but the flags could have easily been taken down by any of the more informed Macedonians.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                        • Nov 2009

I didnt wont to make a new thread.

Since we are on the topic does the AMHRC have a stance on the use of this flag regardless if youa re meeting government officials or having a gala. This question has been posed to the UMD but we must not be blind to the fact that other organizations make the same mistake.

Thank you

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                          • Nov 2009

Risto that is true but to many that is a very big mistake to just turn a blind eye.

Comment

• AMHRC
                            De-registered
                            • Sep 2009

I didnt wont to make a new thread.

Since we are on the topic does the AMHRC have a stance on the use of this flag regardless if youa re meeting government officials or having a gala. This question has been posed to the UMD but we must not be blind to the fact that other organizations make the same mistake.

Thank you
                            We have never used that flag at any of our events, even when we have had Macedonian state officials present at our events. However, there have been occasions when we were guests at events staged by other Macedonian organisations or by Macedonian state institutions and it was not really possible for us to do anything about the usage of the current state flag.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                              • Nov 2009

We have never used that flag at any of our events, even when we have had Macedonian state officials present at our events. However, there have been occasions when we were guests at events staged by other Macedonian organisations or by Macedonian state institutions and it was not really possible for us to do anything about the usage of the current state flag.
                              Thank you for that clarification.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Risto that is true but to many that is a very big mistake to just turn a blind eye.
                                I agree.
                                Yet the sheep dominate the landscape and often rule the roost.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X