X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MKPrilep
    • Mar 2009

always the same, small village, huge mosque.
    really wonder how they make this.
    This one is in mavrovo / rostusa.

Comment

• Solun
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by MKPrilep View Post

I thought those in Rostuse were Macedonian Muslims

Comment

• Macedonian Sun
        • Oct 2009

Currently in Maco atm and am disgusted to report that just recently high school in the cair district of Skopje has changed the name of the school from a Macedonian to an Albanian name. Five minutes ago a news report stated that the government ' nema sila ' to change the name back!

What level of bullshit has our country descended into to allow this kind of shit to happen? How long before the siptars take the west and the rest is sold off to our kind neighbours.

As a visitor here from oz it doesn't look good to me, people are genrerally quite negative about everything and the albanian issue seems a forgone conclusion. Any Macedonian nationals got an opinion on the general attitude this issue?

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

I think that the most disturbing part of this story is that Macedonian Muslims are sending their children to Albanian-language schools.

Parents, community officials protest education ruling
          17/09/2012

A disagreement over what language should be used in a school in southwestern Macedonia is causing parents of 20 children to demand that their elementary education be completed in Albania or Kosovo.

The dispute at the Goce Delchev School in Struga involves children from the nearby village of Podgorci. They have been studying in mixed classes from first to fourth grade in Albanian.

The classes are considered illegal by the state because Struga officials formed them without approval of the ministry of education. A law requires elementary classes to have at least 24 students.

Struga officials funded the classes out of the municipal budget for the last three years while promising parents a resolution to the problem, some parents said. But the state announced the students will not receive diplomas at the end of the school year.

The parents protested this month, blocking the entrance to the government building in Struga.

"I have a nephew who is supposed to attend fifth grade, but he just stays at home, because we don't know what to do." Nedzmedin Dervishovski told SETimes.

Parents say if the problem is not going to be solved, they will ask the governments in Pristina and Tirana if their children can continue their schooling there.

"We are Albanians and that is the reason why we let our children to study in Albanian," parent Emir Zuberi told SETimes.

"We call upon the government of Albania and Kosovo, as well as all the relevant institutions in Macedonia, to engage themselves to solve this problem, in order three studying years to not be lost," parent Semrije Murtazoska told SETimes.

Murtazovska also said that they are disappointed by the mayor of Struga, by the former and present ministers, and vice ministers of education for what they called false promises to solve the issue years ago.

Struga Mayor Ramiz Merko denied the accusations of the parents.

"Although first we got an approval from the Ministry of Education, then the politicians got involved, the previous consent was withdrawn," Merko said. "Then all the problems started. I will ask the politicians not to get involved in this. Behind the parents' protest, political parties are hidden, which don't want the children to study in Albanian."

Macedonia's vice minister of education, Safet Neziri, told SETimes that officials are trying to find a solution.

"The reality is that although these children went to school for the past few years, they were out of the education system of Macedonia," he said. "We are trying to put them in the educational system by giving them documents for finished school, from the school where the lectures are already being held in Albanian."

"And I would ask all of the ones who work in the educational system, to not abuse these children on a daily basis, for political purposes," Neziri said.

Vedat Kolonja, 55, of Struga, told SETimes that the children are victims of politics and politicians.

"If I want to learn German, who is there to ban me that right?" she asked. "They should leave the children study in a language they want. In the 21st century not to respect the fundamental natural rights of citizens is inhuman."

The parents said they will submit a complaint to the International Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg. Macedonia officials, meanwhile, are threatening to fine the parents up to 2,000 for allowing their children to take classes deemed illegal by the state.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Niko777
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by MKPrilep View Post

If i'm not mistaken, that is the view seen from the Bigorski monastery

Comment

• Niko777
              • Oct 2010

Guys, the Mayor of Cair, Izet Mexhiti, said some interesting stuff today in an interview. Here are some quotes that I translated from Macedonian:

-"The school principals will not leave their positions, rather Education Minister Pance Kralev will resign"

-"The new names will not be removed from the schools, they are the struggle of the Albanians in Skopje"

-"The name changes are in line with the framework agreement and the law on territorial changes"

-"I don't know what happened to busts of Sandanski and Zinzifov, but the names were replaced so I would expect the statues to be replaced

-"Why are figures like Hasan Prishtina offensive if the government installed his statue in the new Museum of the Macedonian Struggle?"

-"If the Police take down the signs, we will carve the names into the school walls"

Comment

• makgerman
                • Nov 2009

Our government is useless and hasn't got the courage to tackle this problem.

To violate the framework agreement and take the law into their their own hands is distrubing, especially without any comments by the EU or the US reps who are quick to criticise us. It is evident that the Albanians are supported by EU and US as they wouldn't make such open statements.

Half of Skopje is on their minds and will become theirs if things continue the way they are. Our Macedonians pretend they are too blind to see.

Once upon a time Macedonian places such as Chair, Gazi Baba, Bit Pazar, Topana, Singelich, Arachinovo, Vizbegovo (Industrial Zone) have become ghost towns for the Macedonians - similar to Gostivar, Tetovo and Struga.

Their birth rates are higher and the number of Albanian children attending Skopje's schools compared to the Macedonian is pretty close the same.
                Last edited by makgerman; 09-18-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                  Guys, the Mayor of Cair, Izet Mexhiti, said some interesting stuff today in an interview. Here are some quotes that I translated from Macedonian:

-"The school principals will not leave their positions, rather Education Minister Pance Kralev will resign"

-"The new names will not be removed from the schools, they are the struggle of the Albanians in Skopje"

-"The name changes are in line with the framework agreement and the law on territorial changes"

-"I don't know what happened to busts of Sandanski and Zinzifov, but the names were replaced so I would expect the statues to be replaced

-"Why are figures like Hasan Prishtina offensive if the government installed his statue in the new Museum of the Macedonian Struggle?"

-"If the Police take down the signs, we will carve the names into the school walls"
                  Niko77
                  The obvious defiance of the rule of law is staggering, the lack of action from the authorities is even more staggering and the most staggering aspect of all is the apathy of Macedonians and the lack of will to defend the integrity of the country or their own integrity!
                  On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

precisely what i have said these people do not respect us so why do we have to pander to them revoke the fucking ohrid agreement & let's get it on.No amount of appeasement will satisfy them short of a secession of territory.In any other democratic country there would be outright war.Look at what's happenibg in schools,busts of macedonian heroes go missing replaced by albanian terrorists funny that eh.Macedonian s in macedonia wake up take what control you have enough is enough.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

regarding the zamija are people sure or can they be rickets with launchers.Its another of in your face zamija depends if people stand up to them i wonder if they followed any rulings??
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• chentovist
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2012

Parents, Community Officials Protest Education Ruling

A disagreement over what language should be used in a school in southwestern Macedonia is causing parents of 20 children to demand that their elementary education be completed in Albania or Kosovo.

The dispute at the Goce Delchev School in Struga involves children from the nearby village of Podgorci. They have been studying in mixed classes from first to fourth grade in Albanian.

The classes are considered illegal by the state because Struga officials formed them without approval of the ministry of education. A law requires elementary classes to have at least 24 students.

Struga officials funded the classes out of the municipal budget for the last three years while promising parents a resolution to the problem, some parents said. But the state announced the students will not receive diplomas at the end of the school year.

The parents protested this month, blocking the entrance to the government building in Struga.

"I have a nephew who is supposed to attend fifth grade, but he just stays at home, because we don't know what to do." Nedzmedin Dervishovski told SETimes.

Parents say if the problem is not going to be solved, they will ask the governments in Pristina and Tirana if their children can continue their schooling there.

"We are Albanians and that is the reason why we let our children to study in Albanian," parent Emir Zuberi told SETimes.

"We call upon the government of Albania and Kosovo, as well as all the relevant institutions in Macedonia, to engage themselves to solve this problem, in order three studying years to not be lost," parent Semrije Murtazoska told SETimes.

Murtazovska also said that they are disappointed by the mayor of Struga, by the former and present ministers, and vice ministers of education for what they called false promises to solve the issue years ago.

Struga Mayor Ramiz Merko denied the accusations of the parents.

"Although first we got an approval from the Ministry of Education, then the politicians got involved, the previous consent was withdrawn," Merko said. "Then all the problems started. I will ask the politicians not to get involved in this. Behind the parents' protest, political parties are hidden, which don't want the children to study in Albanian."

Macedonia's vice minister of education, Safet Neziri, told SETimes that officials are trying to find a solution.

"The reality is that although these children went to school for the past few years, they were out of the education system of Macedonia," he said. "We are trying to put them in the educational system by giving them documents for finished school, from the school where the lectures are already being held in Albanian."

"And I would ask all of the ones who work in the educational system, to not abuse these children on a daily basis, for political purposes," Neziri said.

Vedat Kolonja, 55, of Struga, told SETimes that the children are victims of politics and politicians.

"If I want to learn German, who is there to ban me that right?" she asked. "They should leave the children study in a language they want. In the 21st century not to respect the fundamental natural rights of citizens is inhuman."

The parents said they will submit a complaint to the International Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg. Macedonia officials, meanwhile, are threatening to fine the parents up to 2,000 for allowing their children to take classes deemed illegal by the state.

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Perfect solution, send them to Kosovo or Prishtina if they are intent on learning Albanian, this is Macedonia and last time I checked Macedonian is the official language spoken in Macedonia - don't like it? go and live in kosovo or Albania - problem solved!
                          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Solun
                            • Sep 2012

It certainly is sad that there are ethnic Macedonians declaring as Turks and Albanians.

In my opinion it is the Christian Macedonians who are to blame for this. They refer to these people as Turks and Siptari. If that is what they are called then that is what they will refer to themselves as.

Go west into Albania across the border from Debar and the ethnic Macedonian Muslims are fighting for their right to learn their mother tongue. It is sad that in the Republic of Macedonia itself they are being turned into Turks and Siptari.

Comment

• Stojacanec
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Solun View Post
                              It certainly is sad that there are ethnic Macedonians declaring as Turks and Albanians.

In my opinion it is the Christian Macedonians who are to blame for this. They refer to these people as Turks and Siptari. If that is what they are called then that is what they will refer to themselves as.

Go west into Albania across the border from Debar and the ethnic Macedonian Muslims are fighting for their right to learn their mother tongue. It is sad that in the Republic of Macedonia itself they are being turned into Turks and Siptari.
                              I don't know about that Solun. My cousin works as a police officer in Macedonia. He tells me that before the framework agreement we had more power over what the Shiptari can do or say. Therefore we were able to keep a tab on them even by force if necessary.

Post the FA they cannot be touched hence they can stick flags, learn the Albanian language in schools, have terrorists work in govt departments and statues errected etc.

I remember seeing a news clip sometime in the late 90s where some Albanians tried to start their own university somewhere in Greece. Well, the army came in and destroyed everything because they didn't let them have any autonomy over such a thing.

Greece enjoys this kind of control today.

Post FA the macedonians must live under these conditions and can say jack shit about it.

So it's not so much what they are called that is the problem. It's the FA that has fucked everything up.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
                                I don't know about that Solun. My cousin works as a police officer in Macedonia. He tells me that before the framework agreement we had more power over what the Shiptari can do or say. Therefore we were able to keep a tab on them even by force if necessary.
                                I think there is a hint of "sheepism" here. As a police officer he should know the law. The suggestion that the lawlessness of the ethnic Albanians of Macedonia is somehow legal via the FA is yet another indicator of defeatism.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X