X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
    My apologies for not having posted the MTO ladder here for a number of rounds now.

Stojacanec is starting to break away from the pack so we all need to pick up our game!

In terms of general footy talk, I have a few things to say.

1. I now officially hate Richmond once again

2. Essendon have been playing above themselves, with a slow descent to ensue

3. Carlton are shite

4. Optimistic port supporters (Makedonche) better strap themselves in for a hiding this week by the mighty hawks.

That is all.
    EM
    HAhahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Classic stuff mate....Buddy's 13 was pure magic and will go down in history as one of the finest games a full forward has ever played! .........however it will need to carry him for a while yet coz "Bob" Carlilse is going to fix his arse this week, as he has on most encounters! That being said the Hawks will be 13 goals lighter this week and at severe risk of embaressment
    We'll try not to embaress you too much
    Last edited by makedonche; 06-07-2012, 12:40 AM.
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
      Don't get me started EM, to put Bomber on such a lofty pedestal is to show total disrespect to the entire organization at Geelong, the entire admin and football department, the good fortune of the father and son rule and our exceptional recruitment...bomber showed his true colours by the way he left the club and his lack of game plans in 2008 and 2010...

Sam Newman summed him up best on 'Open Mike'...just take a look at the bloke when he's on 'AFL 360' he's got the charisma of a fuckin brick...and he was the chief catalyst of that little greedy bald headed bastard moving to the Suns...I hope they don't win a single game this year...
      Some really fair points you raise there Phoenix. People often overlook those who are behind the scenes and attribute all of the success just to the coach. The recruitment phase has been a real strong point for your mob. I agree that the way he left the club was disappointing, but I still give the man some credit for his reign at Geelong. I guess that's easier to say since I don't barrack for the club (and god help me if I ever did lol).

What really highlights your points is that the team was still able to win a premiership the next season under Chris Scott. So I guess that shows something is working in the background.

I myself see Clarkson as sort of a 'one-trick pony.' He is quite a stubborn coach when it comes to changing the game plan if we are getting done. He often doesn't seem to have a plan B, and we saw this against Sydney and the Tigers. If we don't salvage something great this season, I can't see him being at the club much longer.

Lol, isn't he on 'AFL 360' every Tuesday or something? He is rather boring to watch and doesn't really contribute anything constructive. As for Ablett, I'm glad he left the cats...because he is one hell of a player haha.

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
      The bombers are going to win the flag this year if not they will be in the top four for sure.
      No doubt the bombers are a great side, but I don't really see them as a premiership contender this year. In the next few years they will be right up there, but I don't think this year is their time. Their exceptional start to the season may see them into the top four, but I think their form will decline as the season progresses. Consistency has been a real problem with the bombers over the last few years. Up until last week they were proving otherwise. That said, they haven't exactly had the hardest run of games yet.
      Last edited by EgejskaMakedonia; 06-07-2012, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
        EM
        HAhahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Classic stuff mate....Buddy's 13 was pure magic and will go down in history as one of the finest games a full forward has ever played! .........however it will need to carry him for a while yet coz "Bob" Carlilse is going to fix his arse this week, as he has on most encounters! That being said the Hawks will be 13 goals lighter this week and at severe risk of embaressment
        We'll try not to embaress you too much
        It is a shame it was against north melbourne...in my eyes they are somewhat of a 'nothing' club. Although they used to always have the edge over us, so it's enjoyable to see them get annihilated by buddy.

Carlile who? Makedonche, is this another one of those small-time, unheard of players that unluckily got drafted to the power? What a blow to his career...

Funny you should mention his role on buddy. An article on the AFL website from a few hours ago quotes Carlile saying

"I don't know if you can actually stop [Franklin]; it's probably about trying to quell his influence,"
        Hmm, fair enough...maybe instead of 13 goals buddy will get 10...onya 'bob.'

Haha mate, at this rate the only embarrassment is going to be the attendance figures. I've noticed that at port home games they lay out large sheets of tarpaulin on about half of the seats to 'quell' the lack of seats with a backside on them...za stramota.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

I've noticed that at port home games they lay out large sheets of tarpaulin on about half of the seats to 'quell' the lack of seats with a backside on them...za stramota.
          Actually, the tarpaulin is used to cover the good looking Port supporters. Management does not want to stray from the very widely known fact that most Port Power supporters are butt ugly.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            Actually, the tarpaulin is used to cover the good looking Port supporters. Management does not want to stray from the very widely known fact that most Port Power supporters are butt ugly.
            RTG
            No it's actually to cover all the dead Crows supporters!...gotta hide the bodies somewhere!
            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

It is a shame it was against north melbourne...in my eyes they are somewhat of a 'nothing' club. Although they used to always have the edge over us, so it's enjoyable to see them get annihilated by buddy.

Carlile who? Makedonche, is this another one of those small-time, unheard of players that unluckily got drafted to the power? What a blow to his career...

Funny you should mention his role on buddy. An article on the AFL website from a few hours ago quotes Carlile saying

Hmm, fair enough...maybe instead of 13 goals buddy will get 10...onya 'bob.'

Haha mate, at this rate the only embarrassment is going to be the attendance figures. I've noticed that at port home games they lay out large sheets of tarpaulin on about half of the seats to 'quell' the lack of seats with a backside on them...za stramota.
              EM

I noticed you left out another part of the quotes on the notable afl site.....
              It falls on my shoulders and I'm looking forward to the challenge.
              BTW those tarps are actually oversized body bags.........we like to throw as many of you bastards in one heap and do our bit for the enviroment!

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Some really fair points you raise there Phoenix. People often overlook those who are behind the scenes and attribute all of the success just to the coach..
                To put it into some perspective, much credit needs to be given to Ken Hinkley (poached by the Suns), Brendan MaCartney (headhunted by Bomber when he defected to Essendon and now Bulldogs coach), Brenton Sanderson (now Adelaide coach), 'The Weapon' (Dean Robertson) Strength and Conditioning coach (poached by the Suns for the 2011 season and then headhunted by Bomber for Essendons 2012 campaign and beyond) and even guys like former Cat All Australian defender Mathew Egan who has some sort of development role at Essendon.

Then consider the role of CEO Brian Cook in turning Geelongs Fortunes around (arguably one of the top handful of sports admins in Australia at the moment, recently lnked with the Kangaroos fiasco)...Former president Frank Costa, high profile businessman.

Neil Balme heading the football dept and brought in around the end of the disastrous 2006 campaign when Bomber nearly lost his job,
                Stephen Wells, head of recruiting...acknowledged as one of the games best talent scouts.

In that period the highest draft pick the cats got was a #7

The luck and timing of the father and son rule that brought both Abletts, Mathew Scarlett and Mark Blake to the side at roughly the same time.

The high quality and leadership of former captains Tom Harley and Cameron Ling...

Bomber played a small part in the puzzle and with a galaxy of star performers he still failed to make the most of an exceptional group of people on and off the park.

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

Phoenix

Tom Harley
                  ....we're still waiting for the transfer funds for him!

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Phoenix

....we're still waiting for the transfer funds for him!
                    didn't he play only one (1) game for your mob...?

i'm sure the $5 Hungry Jack's voucher is in the mail...

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                      • Jan 2009

We saw the Bombers do the same last year, they started like a house on fire, only to finish the season as a pile of smoldering rubble...I think 2012 will be the same.

I can't wait to see the same for that mob and the treacherous Mark Thompson and his puppet master Tim Watson and that other shameless media provocateur and one time Olympic diving champion, Mathew Lloyd.
                      Its good to see you and the cat faithful have gotten over bomber leaving that old outback country football club called the geelong scats and moved on to a professional AFL team like the bombers

How good was Gary Ablett Jnr on the week end

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

didn't he play only one (1) game for your mob...?

i'm sure the $5 Hungry Jack's voucher is in the mail...
                        Phoenix
                        Bloody thieves.....

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Phoenix
                          Bloody thieves.....
                          Toughen up princess...

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                            How good was Gary Ablett Jnr on the week end
                            BBS...Get stuffed...

BTW...what the fuck is all that about, I reckon I could accumulate 30+ possessions in the back half without making any meaningful contribution to the side either...

Comment

• United MKD
                              • Jul 2011

Damn it, deep down I knew Freo were gonna win today! Too bad I didn't have the balls to tip em.

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by United MKD View Post
                                Damn it, deep down I knew Freo were gonna win today! Too bad I didn't have the balls to tip em.
                                Very poor showing from the Tigers...they offered so much hope last week...

Comment

Working...
                                X