X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Bad Sven
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
    BBS we are in the top 8 no matter what, plus I think we will finish in the top 4 and I will be the first to say 100% that we have a great chance to win the premiership this year.
    I think it is pretty even this year, and anyone in the 8 can win it if they have a good day. Bombers can play sensational footy but arrogance/complacency and poor kicking will hurt them. I think because there are a lot of shit teams this year it is making sides like the bombers look better than they really are.

The bombers have a great defense and ruck division, and a lot of pace.

However the forwards are incredibly inaccurate, Michael Hurely is a huge concern, he is a former shadow of his former self. The bombers need him to step up urgently as the second big man and key CHF. Guys like Jetta, Davey and Monfries are too unpredictable, they need to step up as well. The forward line is a real worry

The midfield is a real problem, im a huge bombers supporter and love Jobe Watson, but i think he is a bit over rated, he isnt in the top 5 midfielders, and is slow. He is a good "engine player". Stanton has just had a purple patch, im not convinced about him still. The bombers desperately need a grade-A classy midfielder that can cut through lines. The bombers mid filed has been exposed by sides with better midfields such as Collingwood, and Garry Ablett Jnr was able to take the bombers midfield on single handedly.
    Maybe when Winderlich comes back he can do this, but geez that guy is made out of paper, he is always injured.

And the bombers have a lot of lazy players as well, guys like Ryder and monfries seem to get ahead of themselves some times....

So i think unless the bombers sort out their forward and midfield issues, they will just be making up the numbers

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
      I think it is pretty even this year, and anyone in the 8 can win it if they have a good day. Bombers can play sensational footy but arrogance/complacency and poor kicking will hurt them. I think because there are a lot of shit teams this year it is making sides like the bombers look better than they really are.

The bombers have a great defense and ruck division, and a lot of pace.

However the forwards are incredibly inaccurate, Michael Hurely is a huge concern, he is a former shadow of his former self. The bombers need him to step up urgently as the second big man and key CHF. Guys like Jetta, Davey and Monfries are too unpredictable, they need to step up as well. The forward line is a real worry

The midfield is a real problem, im a huge bombers supporter and love Jobe Watson, but i think he is a bit over rated, he isnt in the top 5 midfielders, and is slow. He is a good "engine player". Stanton has just had a purple patch, im not convinced about him still. The bombers desperately need a grade-A classy midfielder that can cut through lines. The bombers mid filed has been exposed by sides with better midfields such as Collingwood, and Garry Ablett Jnr was able to take the bombers midfield on single handedly.
      Maybe when Winderlich comes back he can do this, but geez that guy is made out of paper, he is always injured.

And the bombers have a lot of lazy players as well, guys like Ryder and monfries seem to get ahead of themselves some times....

So i think unless the bombers sort out their forward and midfield issues, they will just be making up the numbers
      BBS
      Pretty good analysis, all key points that may hurt come September.
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Where's all the bloody Carlton supporters when you need someone to take the piss out of?
        Go you Demons!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

We saw the Bombers do the same last year, they started like a house on fire, only to finish the season as a pile of smoldering rubble...I think 2012 will be the same.

I can't wait to see the same for that mob and the treacherous Mark Thompson and his puppet master Tim Watson and that other shameless media provocateur and one time Olympic diving champion, Mathew Lloyd.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
            • Nov 2009

Lol west coast lost to the lions by 2 points
            Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
              • Nov 2009

Hird and Watson Post Match - Round 10, 2012 - YouTube
              Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

As many of you know, my modesty and humble nature does not allow me to boast ... but let me just say the Risto the Great (talking about him in the 3rd person) is moving up the MTO table with a bullet. The lesson for all is that it is not over unless the Crows tell you it is.

Makedonche will also confirm half of Port Power died of heart attacks last week due to the surprise of winning.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  As many of you know, my modesty and humble nature does not allow me to boast ... but let me just say the Risto the Great (talking about him in the 3rd person) is moving up the MTO table with a bullet. The lesson for all is that it is not over unless the Crows tell you it is.

Makedonche will also confirm half of Port Power died of heart attacks last week due to the surprise of winning.
                  RTG
                  Yes I am able to confirm that the Port Power membership has suffered many deaths due to the inexplicable nature of the Crows winning form!
                  Sadly attendances at Port games will suffer from a lack of numbers due to the flukey success of the Cows , however a renaissance of form from the Power may resuscitate many members, particularly a win against EM's beloved Hawks this coming week!

Comment

• Stojacanec
                    • Dec 2009

I must admit that this season is proving to be a little confusing. First Carlton was primed to be in the top 2 then Hawthorn. Not so thus far.

I can't really see a problem with the attendances to port games.....when the crows are playing them!

I am Zaramo btw. I stuffed up on the email and couldn't get in my Stojacanec account so I created the new one. I asked admin to delete my original one but they haven’t got around to it. Oh well life is boring if everything goes smoothly!

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
                      I must admit that this season is proving to be a little confusing. First Carlton was primed to be in the top 2 then Hawthorn. Not so thus far.

I can't really see a problem with the attendances to port games.....when the crows are playing them!

I am Zaramo btw. I stuffed up on the email and couldn't get in my Stojacanec account so I created the new one. I asked admin to delete my original one but they haven’t got around to it. Oh well life is boring if everything goes smoothly!
                      Sorry mate, not sure where you asked about that but it's all done now!

Hawks will be back up there soon, no need to worry just yet.

Oh ye, did anyone happen to catch buddy's lucky 13 on the weekend? What a champion!

Comment

• Stojacanec
                        • Dec 2009

No problems EM I just sent out a request on a link where I thought was some admin area outside our domain. All good.

James Brayshaw and Co have their work cut out for them down in North Melbourne land!

As for Buddy, thats pure class.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                          • Jan 2010

My apologies for not having posted the MTO ladder here for a number of rounds now.

Stojacanec is starting to break away from the pack so we all need to pick up our game!

In terms of general footy talk, I have a few things to say.

1. I now officially hate Richmond once again

2. Essendon have been playing above themselves, with a slow descent to ensue

3. Carlton are shite

4. Optimistic port supporters (Makedonche) better strap themselves in for a hiding this week by the mighty hawks.

That is all.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                            I can't wait to see the same for that mob and the treacherous Mark Thompson and his puppet master Tim Watson and that other shameless media provocateur and one time Olympic diving champion, Mathew Lloyd.
                            Cmon mate, as much as I despise Geelong how can you possibly call 'Bomber' Thompson treacherous? That bloke did a shit-load for your club...his only downfall was probably losing to the hawks in 08.

Is this the general consensus among Geelong supporters? I would've thought they'd be more accepting of his departure given his success. Surely they should respect that his heart is truly set with Essendon, or is it the nature of the departure that has left a sour taste?

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

Don't get me started EM, to put Bomber on such a lofty pedestal is to show total disrespect to the entire organization at Geelong, the entire admin and football department, the good fortune of the father and son rule and our exceptional recruitment...bomber showed his true colours by the way he left the club and his lack of game plans in 2008 and 2010...

Sam Newman summed him up best on 'Open Mike'...just take a look at the bloke when he's on 'AFL 360' he's got the charisma of a fuckin brick...and he was the chief catalyst of that little greedy bald headed bastard moving to the Suns...I hope they don't win a single game this year...

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                                • Nov 2009

The bombers are going to win the flag this year if not they will be in the top four for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X