Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

It never ceases to amaze me that greece is a nato & eu member who is allowed to ride roughshod on macedonia & get away with it.So many ways of interferring & complaining in regards macedonia.Both internally & externally.They wage campaigns & intense lobying.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post

Provocation - Greek Soldier points gun at the head of a Macedonian Soldier in Afghanistan...
      Why was the Macedonia incident silent?
      From 7:25 to the End, provocation from the Albanians in Macedonia

A documentry on this incident... worth watching...Starts at 9mins
      The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

TLWR, I can't open the clip at the moment, but will do so later. Are you saying that there was a situation in Afghanistan where a Greek soldier pointed a gun at a Macedonian soldier?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          TLWR, I can't open the clip at the moment, but will do so later. Are you saying that there was a situation in Afghanistan where a Greek soldier pointed a gun at a Macedonian soldier?
          Correct SOM, also there is afew other little incidents that happen there..
          I recommend all to watch this clip...
          The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

TLWR
            Yep watched it, waiting to see if they sweep it under the carpet or disciplinary action is taken! My tip is the latter, but probably only a reprimand!
            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Merkel: Macedonia should join NATO, Germany prepared to assist

Vaša dnevna doza poslovnih informacija iz Srbije, regiona i sveta. Vesti, Berze, Događaji, Časopisi.

14. February 2012. | 22:26

Source: MIA

Germany is a strong supporter of Macedonia at political and economic level and is once again offering its assistance in all spheres. Both countries foster cordial overall relations, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and PM Nikola Gruevski concluded Tuesday at their hour-long meeting in Berlin.

Germany is a strong supporter of Macedonia at political and economic level and is once again offering its assistance in all spheres. Both countries foster cordial overall relations, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and PM Nikola Gruevski concluded Tuesday at their hour-long meeting in Berlin.

Merkel speaking at a joint press conference said that Germany was advocating for Macedonia's integration to NATO, underlying that progress needed to be made in the name talks with Greece.

Commenting Greece's violation of the Interim Accord, Merkel stated that negotiations aimed at finding solution to the name issue should resume. She urged that justice and international law should be seen as priorities, leaving behind obstruction.

"The rules are clear - undoubtedly the International Court of Justice has reached a verdict that is a success for the Macedonian government. I personally believe that NATO accession is crucial and that name talks with Greece must continue in a bid a resolution to be found," Merkel stressed.

The German Chancellor - who called the country by Macedonia's constitutional name throughout the news conference - said she expected Western Balkan countries to meet required conditions, following the example of Croatia and Slovenia, before joining Euro-Atlantic institutions.

Premier Gruevski said Macedonia's objective was to further develop and advance bilateral relations, thus paving the way toward bolstering countries' cooperation.

Referring to Macedonia's NATO and EU membership, Gruevski informed Merkel on ongoing reforms in Macedonia focused on meeting necessary standards.

"The Republic of Macedonia for three years in a row has gotten a positive report from the European Commission and recommendation for start of EU accession talks and has met all of the conditions and criteria for NATO membership, which was acknowledged by the Alliance at the Bucharest summit in 2008," Gruevski said and thanked Merkel for Germany's endorsement of the NATO open door policy.

Macedonia is a de facto member of NATO, according to him.

"Macedonia as a nation has been contributing wherever NATO has required us to do so. Our troops are taking part in NATO-led mission and our lawmakers have never voted against that. Macedonia is a fifth contributing nation according to the number of troops deployed in Afghanistan and half of country's budget is spent on our efforts in Afghanistan. Still, we are hampered to become a member as a result of a dispute with neighbouring Greece over our name, identity and language," Gruevski said.

The PM added that Macedonia had "reasonable expectations" from the forthcoming NATO summit in Chicago taking into consideration country's contribution to ISAF and the judgement of the International Court of Justice (ICJ).

"ICJ has ruled that Greece had unjustified motives to block Macedonia's membership to NATO and has said that we do not have to be hindered by such a condition by Greece. Therefore, we believe that country's expectations from the summit in Chicago are reasonable when it comes to respecting international law, acknowledging our efforts. We are making attempts to secure support from countries that strongly believe in fairness and international laws. Germany is undoubtedly one of those countries. Despite the ruling of UN's highest legal body, we remain committed to negotiations with Greece in finding a mutually acceptable solution to the issue," PM Gruevski noted.

Speaking about the economic crisis in Europe, he praised the leading role of Germany and Chancellor Merkel in addressing the challenges as well as their commitment to ensuring conditions for countries to develop.

"Macedonia joins the countries struggling to tackle economic difficulties in order to improve the living standards of the citizens across Europe," the Macedonian Premier stated.

Asked how Greece's economic crisis was reflected in Macedonia, he said that Macedonia despite its negative effects had managed to conclude the first three quarters of 2011 with a growth of 4.3%.

PM Gruevski met with Chancellor Merkel in Berlin for the second time. Their first meeting took place right after Gruevski was elected head of the Macedonian government.

In the course of his visit to Germany, Gruevski on Monday evening met with Macedonians living and working in Berlin at the Macedonian embassy.
              I can see why some people might interpret some of this muck as being good. But it really means Gruevski wants a name change so that Macedonia gets the privilege of bailing out Greece as a member of the EU.

Interesting to note that half of the defence budget is being used for the Afghanistan war effort. The other half must be being used for new toilet paper I would imagine.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                http://www.emg.rs/en/news/region/174706.html

I can see why some people might interpret some of this muck as being good. But it really means Gruevski wants a name change so that Macedonia gets the privilege of bailing out Greece as a member of the EU.

Interesting to note that half of the defence budget is being used for the Afghanistan war effort. The other half must be being used for new toilet paper I would imagine.
                I think the other half of the budget is use to artificially bloat the military with Albanians in order to meet FA quotas...
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Macedonian and NATO

An article on Macedonia and its NATO membership

http://setimes.com/cocoon/setimes/xh.../15/feature-04

Someone's talking some sense:

"Macedonia has alternatives it should work out and they need not include Eurasia," Nikovski said.

Options include better exploiting opportunities of the Strategic Partnership Agreement with the United States, strengthening the partnership with Turkey and other countries, but also approaching Israel, according to analyst Jovan Donev of the Euro Balkan Institute.

"It is harder and may cost more, but we should try. ...We are not married to NATO or the EU. Many countries are not members but are very prosperous and successful," Donev told SETimes.
                  Then the commies who want something for nothing think its all too hard:

"We have been calling on the prime minister to ... say whether Macedonia has another alternative, because the road without NATO is very steep, very tough," Social Democratic Union Vice President Gordan Georgiev said.
                  Then there's Slobodan Casule, who's obviously been reading too many UMD press releases:

"Macedonia is dedicated to NATO membership as never before and there is no straying from the course. The daily lobbying efforts by our officials are unbeatable proof we consider the US to be our number one strategic partner," Chashule said.

"No less important, Macedonia has intensive co-operation with Turkey, the US's biggest ally in the region, and we participate in the military mission in Afghanistan and in Iraq and did in Bosnia before that," he added.
                  Of course, we shouldn't forget the Albanians and their usual threats:

"We must know that NATO and the EU are the only pillars that are holding our survival. Without them, there is no state," FON University Professor Mersel Biljali told SETimes.
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Brian
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2011

Sounds like a glad bag of 'the usual suspects'.

I think Macedonia should look to a pact with Turkey if NATO cannot/will not respect her enough to allow membership under her rightful name and just leave it at that.
                    Last edited by Brian; 02-15-2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

No hope to join NATO in Chicago No hope to join NATO in Chicago

MEETING OF THE U.S. AMBASSADOR PAUL VOLERS WITH JOURNALISTS

No hope to join NATO in Chicago

No opportunity for Macedonia to join NATO under the provisional reference PJRM, it must be resolved name, and the U.S. want more than all to see Macedonia in the Alliance are the conclusions of yesterday's meeting between U.S. Ambassador in Skopje, Paul Volers with reporters.

Asked whether the decision of the Court in The Hague has a chance at the NATO Summit in Chicago in May of Macedonia to be admitted under reference and whether there are chances the U.S. or any other to raise the issue of expanding Vlers said:
                      "The key is consensus that the solution to the dispute. Our view is that this dispute must be resolved. the agenda in Chicago is expanding and I think no one will raise the issue when he knows that there is no consensus on this issue. no point to raising a question which are known to no consensus, "said Volers.
                      He said that the decision of the Court in The Hague was a kind of incentive for razmrduvanje negotiations.
                      "U.S. wants to see Macedonia in NATO, but that both sides need to resolve the dispute . We we can solve for you. U.S. every way they will assist and support the final solution, "said Volers.
                      "Macedonia must work to reform the judiciary, administration and media freedom. media is based on democracy and we want a system that will allow free and independent media as a corrector of the government, "stressed the Ambassador. (DD)
                      Last edited by George S.; 02-29-2012, 03:39 AM. Reason: ed
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Was anybody expecting anything different?
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Krivan
                          • Jul 2010

I'm not quite sure why they continue to prop up Greece whose wealth was created out of thin air. I think it's pretty clear by now that Greece isn't interested in solving the name dispute nor let us be admitted into international organisations under the FYROM provisional name. It's time to stop following the interim agreement to the note when Greece isn't even following it at all today. Let us bring back the Kutles sun as the Macedonia's official flag and stop using FYR Macedonia as our constitutional name.

If Greece try to respond to this change with a new embargo. They will only hurt their Greek businessmen' investments in Macedonia, and renew criticism from the international community since Greece is in the shitter right now and they're in no position to embargo anyone.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

Ifonly the macedonian govt heeds,it should drop the interim agreement,drop the fyrom name & use the macedonian name.Get back to using the 16 ray sun.Tell greece off they need to respect us more.
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Krivan
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                              Ifonly the macedonian govt heeds,it should drop the interim agreement,drop the fyrom name & use the macedonian name.Get back to using the 16 ray sun.Tell greece off they need to respect us more.
                              Yes, but only if ol' Nikola is smart enough to realise he's getting nowhere with the so-called negotiation and go back to pre-Interim agreement political status i.e. Macedonia's real flag the national flag again and go to using RoM as the only constitutional name.

Comment

• United MKD
                                • Jul 2011

That is our wish Krivan, but cannot see it happening unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X