Greeks are not Greeks according to Shiptares (Albanians), what you think of article?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dejan
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Poligiros View Post
    Good point. Nobody can take it away from you.

However, if I use a similar argument that my known ancestors (for at least a few hundred years) were native in Aegean Macedonia (Chalkidiki) and feel as though Macedonians are NOT a distinct people from the other Greeks? The response I would get on this forum is that I am probably a liar and cannot possibly be Macedonian due to my Hellenic affiliation.

There are overlaps with every culture, especially in bordering regions. There are no hard and clear cut cases of prolonged ethnicity when it comes to the Macedonian region from what I have researched, in my opinion. Nobody can deny any ethnic group if they have lived in the region for hundreds if not thousands of years.
    I am not denying your 'greekness', whatever you believe it means. Your argument is that everything that is Macedonian is 'greek'. We, ethnic Macedonians, are living proof that you are lying. You even kind of agreed with me. You are contradicting yourself.

There is no need to even research ancient history about our Macedonian ethnicity. No other people claim this ethnicity. No other people can. You don't claim to be ethnic Macedonians, only geographical ones. 'Greeks' on Macedonian soil. Check your post
    You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Amphipolis
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
      At most your family were Greeks living on Macedonian soil, alongside Macedonians.
      And if he doesn't understand the word "alongside" regarding Chalcidice you can use this map to explain.

The president filoskopianos Melite Australia Chairman of Meliti Always Aslakof-Anastasiadis 16 Aug 2011 Australia tour chairman of Meliti Always Aslakof-Anastasiadis, chief dance group from this border village in Florina. According to information from the 'New World', Panagiotis Anastasiadis Always Aslakof

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Nikolaj no one can take it away from the macedonians as well and get away with it.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Nikolaj
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
          And if he doesn't understand the word "alongside" regarding Chalcidice you can use this map to explain.

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...4&postcount=55
          Why would I take a map that classifies Macedonians as Bulgars seriously? You might as well link me a Greek made demographic map, Dimitris Lithoxou clearly made it evident that those are absolute trash too.

Regardless, settlement does occur but Salonika was still heavily Macedonian dominated even in these demographics.

Comment

• Dejan
            • Sep 2008

What is that map, religious affiliation?

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Poligiros
              Banned
              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
              What is that map, religious affiliation?
              That map from a Bulgarian perspective would NOT be doing Hellenes any favors and definitely would have been skewed and biased. In addition, the large Vlach localities would likely have included a large Hellenic presence. Bitola had a large Hellenic presence in the early 1900s.

In terms of the ancient Macedonian content not being important to some forum members, its important to me as I originate from an area in the vicinity of an ancient Macedonian settlement "Olynthos" whereby I can understand the ancient inscriptions, family are native to the land - as the Map confirms.

In addition, I would like to ascertain the exact split of Macedonians
              and Bulgarians in the light Green sections of the Map - NOT from a Bulgarian or biased perspective.

Comment

• Dejan
                • Sep 2008

The map from a bulgarian perspective would not be doing Macedonians any favours.

So...Bitola had a large Vlach presence?

Comment

• Poligiros
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2014

The map from a bulgarian perspective would not be doing Macedonians any favours.

So...Bitola had a large Vlach presence?
                  I concur about the author not doing anyone favors except for his own kinsmen!

Looking at the map Manastir is now Bitola right? Looks to have a large portion of Valaques? Also Gevgelja, not sure what the modern term is? Also on border on southern Aegean Macedonia and Epirus, where another part of my family comes from, looks to be a large Valaques settlement..

What do you think?

Comment

• Nikolaj
                    • Aug 2014

Sure Manastir appears to have a large Vlach presence however that does not imply there isn't Macedonian and Vlach presence overlapping. A homogeneous Vlach presence in Manastir is a laughable notion.

I have a question for you Greeks, just by looking at that map why in the world would any of that be included in Northern Greece? We literally reach to the Thermaic Gulf.

Comment

• Dejan
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Poligiros View Post
                      I concur about the author not doing anyone favors except for his own kinsmen!

Looking at the map Manastir is now Bitola right? Looks to have a large portion of Valaques? Also Gevgelja, not sure what the modern term is? Also on border on southern Aegean Macedonia and Epirus, where another part of my family comes from, looks to be a large Valaques settlement..

What do you think?
                      Vlachs are still classified as such in Macedonia. There are still vlachs in Bitola, not sure of their number. I know of a few families myself. What is it that makes them 'hellenes' in Greece, and what they actually are in Macedonia?

I'm under the impression that 'Manastir' is/was a term coined by the Ottomans, where it has been known as Bitola since around 900AD?. Both names having the same/similar meaning - Obitelj and Manastir that is. I'm under the impression the Greeks got the name Manastir from the Ottomans.

So what's the answer here, that your background is infact vlach, and vlachs transformed into ancient pure greeks? What are you trying to get at here?

I know vlachs who originate from Pula in Croatia also. They seem to be all over the Balkans. I've also heard them be referred to as 'tsintsiri' by Macedonians, but this may be a derogatory term.

Comment

• Nikolaj
                        • Aug 2014

What the city is called has nothing to do with what ethnic group the inhabitants belong to. If the city is named Manastir it does not imply Greeks live there.

Comment

• Dejan
                          • Sep 2008

Manastir is also a term we use. Why can't we be a bit arrogant an claim it solely as a Macedonian term

Comment

• Nikolaj
                            • Aug 2014

Manastir is also a term we use. Why can't we be a bit arrogant an claim it solely as a Macedonian term
                            They called it that due to it being heavily populated with Christian churches. Where the word Monastery comes from is completely irrelevant.

Comment

• Dejan
                              • Sep 2008

I understand this Nikola. I don't think our neighbours do though

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

Come on guys they don't want to call it by the correct centuries old name Bitola they call it monastir.I have had stupid greeks come up to me and say that they consider monastir as greek.What more can you expect from a possessive and arrogant people.They are not sure but still want to take other people history and names.
                                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X