Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Spitfire as to your calling us slav macedonians .Why don't you look at our threads (historical) you will see that there are many quotes to us as macedonians as macedonians not as slavs.Slav is not even mentioned.You should also acknowledge that apart from slavs going into greece as well there were other people that went through the balkans celts,romans etc.You know at one stage the greeks considered themselves as romans and called themselves as romaoi but now the greeks consider themselves as greek macedonian.Who knows what they are going to call themselves??I think they must be tired of being called helenes.You know your greek govt probably invented the term slavophone.What can you expect ? All designed to negate the existence of macedonians .If there are no macedonians then the greek govt can monopolise and appropriate anything macedonian.
    Last edited by George S.; 12-13-2014, 02:46 PM.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

George, re-read what I have written. Maybe you'll find the opposite of what you think I wrote.
      Actually I am saying that it is not a good idea to bring arguments that talk about slavs.

As for me ever visiting the area, I have. In fact that's where I'll be in a case of war. Last time I checked the papers said Kozani.
      One of the best tsipouro I ever tasted. I had to be there, you see you are training from time to time in the area you are going to be sent.
      Let's hope nothing happens by the time I turn 50 and they can't use me anymore.
      Last edited by spitfire; 12-13-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Redsun
        • Jul 2013

Spitfire, I didn't think you would get to choose where you wanted to be stationed, what makes you think you would be positioned there?

What makes you think Greece will be at war in your life time?

Comment

• spitfire
          Banned
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
          Spitfire, I didn't think you would get to choose where you wanted to be stationed, what makes you think you would be positioned there?

What makes you think Greece will be at war in your life time?
          The papers say so my friend. Dispached in Kozani. That was after the mandatory military service. And it had stayed the same ever since.
          We get papers from time to time. Mine's in white colour. Next stop, demilitarization this means, but it doesn't happen anytime soon.
          I don't think there will be any war.

During the mandatory service I was again in Macedonia for a month in a small town between Serres and Kilkis preparing for Cyprus. I had gone there from Crete.
          I've been in all corners if you think about it.
          Last edited by spitfire; 12-13-2014, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Redsun
            • Jul 2013

I understand that you were dispatched there, and that's were you will be at the beginning of a war.

When you said "In fact that's where I'll be in a case of war," I thought yes you would have to return to your position.

If Greece was under attack and had to be defended at a certain area, you would be pulled away from your post and sent to an area of conflict wouldn't you?

Your position is to guard?

If a war happens, you will be commanded to go where the action is.

I cant see Greece in any military conflict happening in my life time, if it was to happen I'm sure there would be other regions in Greece which would need actual defending.

In no way to be little your command post. I cant picture anything ever happening there concerning conflict, I would rather be positioned there than in Cyprus. As you said "in a case of war"

Once you reached your post, how long would it be until you get new orders to march east or abroad?

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

And you stationed there didn't see anything the only thing you saw was what thre govt said muslems vlachs etc except no macedonians.Let me tell you what i feel in the bones there is no war between macedonia and greece nor aname dispute.I see a war with two ex nato members greece and turkey.You do know that greece bought a couple hundred tanks recently probably for protection agains't the turks.Don't worry you may not be stationed at kozani you might be stationed in cyprus counting the turks going by.
              In the case of macedonia there is a saying every dog has his day.Well the turks will finish off the greeks for us that's what i'm hoping.You beleive myths and lies what your govt tells you that the macedonians are slavs all that bullshit.You will beleive anything just to justify stealing the macedonians land.You just rename them like you did the toponyms in the aegean.One day every dog has his revenge and day.
              WE aren't going to get any sympathy from the likes of you a re we.?
              Last edited by George S.; 12-13-2014, 05:00 PM.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                I understand that you were dispatched there, and that's were you will be at the beginning of a war.

When you said "In fact that's where I'll be in a case of war," I thought yes you would have to return to your position.

If Greece was under attack and had to be defended at a certain area, you would be pulled away from your post and sent to an area of conflict wouldn't you?

Your position is to guard?

If a war happens, you will be commanded to go where the action is.

I cant see Greece in any military conflict happening in my life time, if it was to happen I'm sure there would be other regions in Greece which would need actual defending.

In no way to be little your command post. I cant picture anything ever happening there concerning conflict, I would rather be positioned there than in Cyprus. As you said "in a case of war"

Once you reached your post, how long would it be until you get new orders to march east or abroad?
                In a case of war you are dispatched. It depends on where the conflict is.
                Do you want me to tell you my orders? Let's say that the centre of my area is there. It could go east, it could go west. According to the circumstance and orders.
                But you understand that I will have nothing to do with a conflict in the aegean sea near turkey for example. I will not be the first to go there, unless being ordered to.

The whole greek army's position is a defensive position, not just mine.
                The dispatch from there to abroad or the nearby conflict happens in a matter of hours. It's very close to the border.
                You don't "guard", you defend. That does not exclude the attack from training however.

I don't think that there will be a war ever. But in my country military service is required.

Comment

• spitfire
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                  And you stationed there didn't see anything the only thing you saw was what thre govt said muslems vlachs etc except no macedonians.Let me tell you what i feel in the bones there is no war between macedonia and greece nor aname dispute.I see a war with two ex nato members greece and turkey.You do know that greece bought a couple hundred tanks recently probably for protection agains't the turks.Don't worry you may not be stationed at kozani you might be stationed in cyprus counting the turks going by.
                  In the case of macedonia there is a saying every dog has his day.Well the turks will finish off the greeks for us that's what i'm hoping.You beleive myths and lies what your govt tells you that the macedonians are slavs all that bullshit.You will beleive anything just to justify stealing the macedonians land.You just rename them like you did the toponyms in the aegean.One day every dog has his revenge and day.
                  WE aren't going to get any sympathy from the likes of you a re we.?
                  I am very sorry to hear all these George. I don't feel the same as you. I respect people no matter what.
                  I don't seek vengeance, it's ridiculous.

Comment

• Nikolaj
                    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
                    No it doesn't matter especially today, after all the intermix of that era.

My disagrement is that when arguments are used, they should be used on the entire basis and not selectively.
                    That's all.
                    I have already proven I am not being selective. You seem to ignore this and continue your hypocritical ways.

This is an unmarked population, evident to have similar characteristics to Bulgarians according to the encyclopedia we've been referring to. It marked this population as a Slavonic people, we know for a fact we have a distinct ethnic majority living within a certain geographic region. Whether we name this population as Macedonian or Macedonian Slavs is still irrelevant because the main question was whether these people were ethnically related to the people around that geographic region.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      Maybe visit France and find Korais' descendants to thank them.
                      Coraes didn't have any children.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

spitfire i can see whenever you mention slav macedonian you put your heart and soul in your expression.Its a typical greek govt propaganda thing.You call us skopijan the same we call you athenian.I even read somewhere the word athena comes from some egyptian thing.do you know we have threads that talk about who the greeks are THEY are FAKES anything but greek.You owe it all to the germans for trying to ressurrect some kind of glory.Was greece a country before 1832???Just a bunch of states warring with one another.I too can bring up how fake you are.ALso how you are not indigenous to the greek area of which you colonised as achaens and then as so called hellenes.Greeks are a joke and seriously you shoiuld all get a life as a little country like macedonia sends you paranoid.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
                          I have already proven I am not being selective. You seem to ignore this and continue your hypocritical ways.

This is an unmarked population, evident to have similar characteristics to Bulgarians according to the encyclopedia we've been referring to. It marked this population as a Slavonic people, we know for a fact we have a distinct ethnic majority living within a certain geographic region. Whether we name this population as Macedonian or Macedonian Slavs is still irrelevant because the main question was whether these people were ethnically related to the people around that geographic region.
                          You insist on the indefinite article but you don't want to see the adjective. It's OK with me, I don't mind. I don't think that the reference of slavonic is any advantage in the conversation, but as I said I don't mind.

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          spitfire i can see whenever you mention slav macedonian you put your heart and soul in your expression.Its a typical greek govt propaganda thing.You call us skopijan the same we call you athenian.I even read somewhere the word athena comes from some egyptian thing.do you know we have threads that talk about who the greeks are THEY are FAKES anything but greek.You owe it all to the germans for trying to ressurrect some kind of glory.Was greece a country before 1832???Just a bunch of states warring with one another.I too can bring up how fake you are.ALso how you are not indigenous to the greek area of which you colonised as achaens and then as so called hellenes.Greeks are a joke and seriously you shoiuld all get a life as a little country like macedonia sends you paranoid.
                          George, I will reveal you the truth. Actually we are from outer space. Yes my friend. We came to earth millions of years ago in spaceships. Those spaceships will come again when the end of time comes, to take us back to our home galaxy... .
                          Athena was black. Then it met the macedonoids who were white. This resulted into black and white. Today we have colour TV.
                          Last edited by spitfire; 12-14-2014, 02:06 AM.

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

Spitfire

It's not creative of me, it's how it is.
                            There's that denial showing up again!

Tell me you are not that naive, not to see clearly how the golden dawn was created out of nothing to be used by the government system.
                            Tell me you are not that naive that other political parties also engaged Golden dawn to carry out their unique tactics, for their own purposes...not necessarily acting as Golden Dawn!

Makedonche, you are playing the fascist's game. You don't know it but you are playing it. Be careful. You are dangerously resembling the crypto-fascists that invented the "theory of the two extremes".
                            We 're way beyond that point today Makedonche. We 've debunked that as well.
                            It astounds me that you are so unaware of what's happening in your own backyard! I'm no facist, thanks very much, but I can tell you where there are plenty of them...not necessarily Golden Dawn either!
                            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

Amphipolis

Every time you say “you” I don’t understand if you refer to me or to Greece.
                              Is there any difference?...same thing!

Ottoman Empire was a slightly primitive country and did not keep files in the way we understand it today or in the way modern countries like England did (let’s say) in the 1700s. Personally I do have Ottoman documents regarding my family from (only) 1920s; my point was that I cannot make a research on ancestry through public files in the way a German or an American can.
                              Just stick to your own family resources and see how far back you can go, and let me know how many generations were born in the same area of the same ethnicity...by international definition..not Greek definition!

Greece can easily study their past through their literature and survived documents of all sorts. This is the most continuous and extensive literature in the world history.
                              Not without the assistance of it's creators and sustainers...on their own Greeks would still be under Ottoman rule and the Acropolis would be half "Jamia" populated with all sorts...as it was found back in the early 1800's! As for literature...spare me the typical Greek response about being the best at everything in the world! Try and compare your literature to that of the Romans, Ottomans, Egyptians, Chinese.....let me know how you go with that!

The fact that Greece legally recognizes only one minority (the Muslims of Thrace) and has different laws and provisions for them does not mean or imply there are no other minorities.
                              Spare me the garbage, go and read some of the reports from Amnesty International, the Carnegie Commission, or better still some of the decisions from the International Court of Human Rights...and then tell me which minorities have been recognised!
                              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
                                • Oct 2008

Amphipolis

That seems a little... ambitious. I wonder if you talk seriously.
                                For you it would not only be ambitious...probably daunting, for me it was straightforward...I didn't have to search half the world to find my forefathers....I couldn't give a rats if you take me seriously or not, this part is not about you it's about me and I know who I am & where I came from....without having to rely on American/English or even Wikipedia sources!

Comment

Working...
                                X