• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philosopher
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
    Philiosopher

You can call yourself whatever you like....except don't try and be Macedonian.....unless both your parents are Macedonian! Which part don't you understand?
    If you are half of one and half another, don't bother calling yourself Macedonian, simple enough for you?
    I see.

First, it sounds like you are a belligerent child with sensitivity problems. I do not think any Macedonian would agree with you.

Who here on this forum would agree with Makendonche?

Second, not that I need to explain myself to you, but for the record both my parents are Macedonians.

Comment

• Philosopher
      • Sep 2008

Philosopher

And which part do you not understand that any affiliation, ethnic or otherwise is another valuable concession to Greeks to enable them to prove Macedonian is Greek and always has been...as they currently claim. However if you stand up for your rights and declare you are Macedonian and your parents were and their parents were etc., without a mention of the word Greek, you deny them the associability and subsequently draw a distinction between the two as separate people/ethnicities, which is exactly what they are. If however your father is Greek and your mother is Macedonian, if you feel Greek or insist on being a Greek citizen, then don't call yourself Macedonian, stick to Greek! Understand?
      Wow, you really are stupid. No wonder people like you give Macedonians a bad name.

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Philosopher

Let me clarify. If my mother is Italian, and my father is Macedonian, what does that make me? It makes me both ethnic Italian and Macedonian.
        It makes you a halfbreed!

So in the same sense, if my mother is an ethnic Greek, and my father is an ethnic Macedonian, this would make me both Macedonian and Greek.
        It would make you an even bigger half breed!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

Philosopher

First, it sounds like you are a belligerent child with sensitivity problems. I do not think any Macedonian would agree with you.
          No, a belligerent Macedonian, who will not conceed in any way shape or form on his identity or ethnicity.........you on the other hand appear quite happy to be Greek Macedonian or Macedonian Greek....or whatever the f#$k it is you're trying to defend!
          When you have an indefensible position, that's when you go looking for support and back up from what other people think...sound familiar?
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

Philosopher

Second, not that I need to explain myself to you, but for the record both my parents are Macedonians.
            This I find this hard to believe! If in fact they are, then start acting like a Macedonian!

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

Philosopher

Wow, you really are stupid. No wonder people like you give Macedonians a bad name.
              Thank you for disclosing your level of intelligence, if you read your own comments in the context of this thread and what Macedonia would have to sacrifice to get into the EU & NATO and how idiotic your comments are in relation to Macedonia and Macedonians and their identity, you will eventually discover where the stupidity lays! may take you a while judging from your lack of comprehension, but as with all real Macedonians I am happy to assist in educating you, on the other hand if you're Greek Macedonian or Macedonian Greek, or Greek...go f@#k yourself!

No wonder people like you give Macedonians a bad name.
              I'd rather have a bad Macedonian name and be happy that Macedonians have a bad name, than a half Greek one!
              Last edited by makedonche; 12-10-2014, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Philiosopher

You can call yourself whatever you like....except don't try and be Macedonian.....unless both your parents are Macedonian! Which part don't you understand?
                If you are half of one and half another, don't bother calling yourself Macedonian, simple enough for you?
                Hang on Makedonche. Are you saying that if someone only has one Macedonian parent they can in no way, shape or form identify as Macedonian? Even the Nazi's allowed people with one German parent and one Jewish parent to claim German ethnicity (particularly if the father was German). It seems you're going beyond that.

I have one friend who's father if a Vlach and his mother is Macedonian. He identifies as Macedonian. Shall I tell him he's wrong? What about another friend of mine who's father is Romanian and mother Macedonian. He identifies primarily as Macedonian but also has a 'sense' of 'Romanianess'. I think their Macedonian identity is much stronger because they have grown up in a large Macedonian community. But according to the logic above they have no right to associate themselves with anything Macedonian.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                  Hang on Makedonche. Are you saying that if someone only has one Macedonian parent they can in no way, shape or form identify as Macedonian? Even the Nazi's allowed people with one German parent and one Jewish parent to claim German ethnicity (particularly if the father was German). It seems you're going beyond that.

I have one friend who's father if a Vlach and his mother is Macedonian. He identifies as Macedonian. Shall I tell him he's wrong? What about another friend of mine who's father is Romanian and mother Macedonian. He identifies primarily as Macedonian but also has a 'sense' of 'Romanianess'. I think their Macedonian identity is much stronger because they have grown up in a large Macedonian community. But according to the logic above they have no right to associate themselves with anything Macedonian.
                  Vangelovski
                  What I'm saying is if both your parents are Macedonian then there is no question of what you are.....unless you want to be Greek Macedonian or Macedonian Greek, like some are alluding to! If one of your parents are Macedonian and you want to identify as Macedonian, fine as long as you're no Greek Macedonian or Macedonian Greek...in the context of this thread and the impact it would have in order for macedonia to join NATO & or EU. Personally if you are half Macedonian and half something else, in my eyes you're not Macedonian - if you wish to identify as Macedonian..feel free...no problems, if you are half and half and want to identify as Greek Macedonian or Macedonian Greek...go f*$k yourself!

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Vangelovski
                    What I'm saying is if both your parents are Macedonian then there is no question of what you are.....unless you want to be Greek Macedonian or Macedonian Greek, like some are alluding to! If one of your parents are Macedonian and you want to identify as Macedonian, fine as long as you're no Greek Macedonian or Macedonian Greek...in the context of this thread and the impact it would have in order for macedonia to join NATO & or EU. Personally if you are half Macedonian and half something else, in my eyes you're not Macedonian - if you wish to identify as Macedonian..feel free...no problems, if you are half and half and want to identify as Greek Macedonian or Macedonian Greek...go f*$k yourself!
                    How do you know that you are a 'pure-blooded' Macedonian? Do you have conclusive proof that you have no Turkish, Vlach or even Greek ancestors? Or something else?
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                      How do you know that you are a 'pure-blooded' Macedonian? Do you have conclusive proof that you have no Turkish, Vlach or even Greek ancestors? Or something else?
                      Vangelovski
                      I have no doubts about who and what I am and don't need to prove it to anyone, I'm sure you are the same! But I'm certainly not a Greek Macedonian or Macedonian Greek! I hope you can see the point I'm making in the context of this thread!

Comment

• Amphipolis
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2014

Unlike your good self and the majority of Greeks who have an identity crisis from not being able to trace their forefathers or where they came from or where their mother was from or their fathers origins!
                        Who says we can't?

Comment

• spitfire
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          You seem to be deliberately trying to confuse everyone and I question your sincerity. It is well documented that the former Turkish nationals who arrived in Greece in the 1920's could barely understand the locals when they arrived. If we go back further in time, the differences in language were even greater. You can say how you understand Greek words dating back to pre Phoenecian times, but that is simply a product of your modern identity. A product of the machinations to introduce archaic words into a very transformed (and natural) language of the 1850's. You can say what you want, but you will have to find me a Greek of Morea in 1820 and show him your ancient texts to convince me that you are not kidding yourself and others.
                          I love it when you refer to turkish nationals prior to the existence of the turkish republic... .
                          A more real approach would be ottoman nationals, whatever that means. It means that there was exchange of populations, I hope you understand why.

The other part is pure propaganda. I proved to you how the language remains the same, and understood to everyone speaking greek at any time.
                          Show me the differences you are referring to prior to 1850 time and again my friend. Why are you not doing so? You 've been asked to do, not just by me, and you choose not to. Why?

Comment

• spitfire
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2014

Spitfire

No, my head is perfectly clear, it comes from knowing who & what I am, & who my forefathers were! Unlike your good self and the majority of Greeks who have an identity crisis from not being able to trace their forefathers or where they came from or where their mother was from or their fathers origins! I'm not surprised in the slightest you've encountered this many times in your life, given you have to live with it!
                            Take your pills man.
                            I don't have any identity crisis. I can go to the acropolis and find out how related I am to that work 2500 years ago. I can do that with all the ancient stuff on the way home.
                            You can't.
                            Now drink your own poison.

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

Spitfire

Take your pills man.
                              I don't take pills, people with dillusional qualities and denial problems usually need a good dose to maintain their mental state!

I don't have any identity crisis. I can go to the acropolis and find out how related I am to that work 2500 years ago. I can do that with all the ancient stuff on the way home.
                              You can't.
                              More denial, keep it up! How exactly would you be related to the Acropolis?...dillusional again, although I can see the i.q's being similar, go and ask your grandparents what the English found at the Acropolis 190-200 years ago, you're probably related to them! You're right I can't, and why would I want to?

Now drink your own poison
                              More than happy to! while I celebrate my indigenous Macedonian roots and ethnicity and have a laugh about you pretenders and wannabee Macedonians!

Comment

• makedonche
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                                Who says we can't?
                                Amphipolis
                                I say you can't! Prove me wrong pretender!

Comment

Working...
                                X