X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    If we call the statues "warrior on a horse", I'd rather we melt it into something useful like dzezhvi.
    Yes that's a different argument. The question is why are statues not important with the correct name to them. George did not criticize the Naming of them but the statues itself. Unless i misunderstood.

I would ask George if the statue was named correctly would he still believe

"there are far more important things then putting up statues"
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
      • Sep 2008

@Macedonian gov.

where is your RED LINE ???
      kade e vashata ZRVENA LINIJA ???

u r a shame !!!
      1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
      2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
        • Nov 2009

This is from the Australian Pushkar Advisory Council
        HELLENICLEAGUE
        HELLENICLEAGUE is online now Ταγματάρχης (Major)

BTW due to the unpresidented media interest, this needs our utmost attention in terms of comments and replies to the fyrom nationalist bigots.

This is Gruevskis coffin in terms of who Alexander was, so comment and reply to those articles with prudence and eloquence.
        Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
          • Nov 2009

Whoever is corresponding in Skopje is stupid NATO doesnt say anything about territorial aspirations, this makes us look like we are in the wrong.

Macedonia erects giant Alexander statue

MACEDONIA began assembling a giant bronze statue of Alexander the Great in the capital Skopje overnight, a move set to provoke anger in neighbouring Greece which also claims the ancient hero as its own.

Large sections of the bronze statue were brought in from Florence, Italy to a fenced-off area in the centre of Skopje, with local authorities announcing the procedure of assembling the 22-metre monument would last two weeks.

Macedonia is already at loggerheads with Athens over its name.

Skopje officially became a candidate for EU membership in 2005, but Athens has blocked it from accession to the 27-bloc and NATO saying that the name Macedonia implies a claim on the northern Greek region of the same name.

Almost two decades of UN-led negotiations over the name dispute have so far remained fruitless.

Now Alexander The Great enters the fray.

The 10-metre high statue of the 4th-century warrior-king sitting astride his horse will be put on a pedestal with the whole monument, according to local media, costing nine million euros ($12.3 million).

Skopje authorities have officially called the statue, designed by local sculptor Valentina Stevanovska, a Warrior On a Horse in a bid to prevent Greek objections, but the face resembles numerous depictions of the ancient leader.
          Both Macedonia and Greece claim Alexander the Great as their own.

Born in Pella, in modern-day Greece, Alexander conquered the Persian Empire and much of the world known to ancient Greeks before dying in Babylon in 323 BC at the age of 32.

Macedonia decided to finance the statue in 2007, the year after it changed the name of Skopje airport to Alexander the Great in a move that also riled Athens.
          Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

This is just another monumental F up in a long ling of monumental F up's by successive inexperienced, unintelligent and vassal Macedonian Governments.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Niko777
              • Oct 2010

If 80% of macedonia's imports come through solun wouldn't it make 'sense' for the 'greeks' to impose a blockade...?
              You got it the other way around, 80% of the goods shipped to Solun is for Macedonia.... I don't know what % of Macedonia's imports come from Solun. So in other words if there was a blockade Solun's port would lose 80% of its business. I don't think Greece can afford a blockade... That's why Gruevski installed the statue at this time.

Comment

• rosetta
                Banned
                • May 2011

Niko777, I'm afraid it IS the other way around

Durres offers lower fee to Macedonian transporters

If they use the services of the container terminal at the port of Bar in Montenegro, Macedonian companies will be granted a discount of 10 percent, said Andrija Radusinovic, director of the terminal.

He believes Macedonia and Montenegro are well connected by road and rail, especially with the introduction of the freight train from Bar to Skopje. However, Macedonian companies are still using the port in Thessaloniki most primarily because of the better conditions and the good road and rail infrastructure.

As much as 80 percent of the Macedonian import is carried out through the port in Thessaloniki despite the series of strikes and blocks. According to the forwarding companies, the ports in Durres and Bar are an alternative but are far more expensive than the port in Thessaloniki and therefore the port of Bar set special prices to attract Macedonian transporters.

COPYRIGHT 2010 Macedonian Information Centre
                Last edited by rosetta; 06-16-2011, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

I just saw it on a1 television that they are putting together the statueof alexander the great.If someone objects the'll call it statue of vojnik on a horse.Allready there are demonstrations outside parliament the students are demonstrating about the waste of money when there is so much unemployment.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                    Allready there are demonstrations outside parliament the students are demonstrating about the waste of money when there is so much unemployment.
                    But these SDSM anti Macedonians should consider the tourism and all the money they will suck out of their families that arrive from the diaspora. Talk about easy money, who needs to work. lol

Sorry, its just that i had a bad experience with leaches that also happen to be SDSM activists during my last visit.

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

I suppose we have to rename Alexander the great to something else......oops we already have, soldier on a horse, lol
                      what an absolute joke
                      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bukefal
                        • Sep 2009

If theres anyone who shouldnt be complaining about wasting money, then its the SDSM clique.

Yes, this statue costs a lot and yes it maybe not a priority right now of course, but at least VMRO has given something back and builds and spends on the country too. Now, what have the SDSM done in all those years? Absolutely nothing. All they have done is dividing money into their own pockets, bribing, criminality and wasting all the money and letting the country fall in a big black hole.

Look, nobody is a saint, vmro is not a saint either, politics is a bitch, especially in the Balkans, but at least they do something and at least they did and do more than the sdsm who have fucked it all up.
                        Last edited by Bukefal; 06-16-2011, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bukefal View Post
                          If theres anyone who shouldnt be complaining about wasting money, then its the SDSM clique.
                          If i am correct, It was SDSM that started the planning of these statues. So even more of a reason they should shut the f--- up.

Comment

• RitaC
                            • Dec 2010

Can't quite put my finger on it, bit something just feels wrong about the statue and fountain. Not sure of it's the scale, design or the surrounds....

Bukefal looks almost cartoon like.

Hopefully i'm wrong on this

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bukefal View Post
                              but at least they do something and at least they did and do more than the sdsm who have fucked it all up.
                              Do something? What's the difference between "doing nothing" and pretending our history is not ours, effectively agreeing with the Greek version of events?
                              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

Working...
                              X