X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zarni
    Banned
    • May 2011

Lets wait for the dust to settle after the monument has been laid to see the plaque inscription, and above all PR coming from the Goverment I have no problem with the title "Warrior on a Horse" but I will be angry if the Macedonains deny thier heritage because of objections by outsiders, Macedonains must project thier Identity and make it load and clear.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

i wonder how much the statue cost?
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bukefal
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
        i wonder how much the statue cost?
        Ive read, estimated of 9,4 million euro, according to ohridnews

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
          It was meant to be a symbol of Macedonian pride. It's becoming the opposite.
          Does Macedonia employ any symbols of Macedonian pride presently?
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vojnik View Post
            Where does it say that?
            I'll send you a copy of Milososki's letter to the UN (actually, there have been a few over the years) where the Macedonian government (DPMNE and SDSM) claim that Macedonian history isn't really Macedonian, its a shared regional/world history. Its quite treasonous.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
              • Nov 2009

If the plaque does not say Alexander the great or III Macedonian then we will have our answer.
              Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
                If the plaque does not say Alexander the great or III Macedonian then we will have our answer.
                We already have our answer. I'm not sure how many times people need to see it before they will stop apologising for traitors.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                  • Jan 2010

Looks great, good to see a lot of worldwide media coverage.

I hope once it's finished they show some footage on the news here in Australia.

This basically sums it up and it's pleasing to see no use of the FYROM insult. It's a bit embarrassing though that the Macedonian government is erecting such a large statue of Alexander the Great, yet try to cover it up. To be honest, it only makes them look stupid.

Can't wait though!

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                    • Sep 2010

MACEDONIA began assembling a giant bronze statue of Alexander the Great in the capital Skopje overnight, a move set to provoke anger in neighbouring Greece which also claims the ancient hero as its own.
                    When greece builds Alexander statues, is it called provoking?

Comment

• Niko777
                      • Oct 2010

I just looked at some Greek news outlets, all of the Greek media appear to be reporting on the statue, they mention that Gruevski is trying to avoid calling the statue Alexander the Great so that they don't provoke Greece, and the Greek MFA is preparing to send letters to all of its allies in Europe regarding "Skopje's provocation". The also summarize SDSM's point of view that the statue cost too much considering the high unemployment.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                        • Nov 2009

Im not "apologising for traitors" Tom Im past that whole DPMNE thing and realize that even they are making big mistakes. Its so easy to not care what Greece thinks, if they put a blockade "LOL" there are always other ports we can use.
                        Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Niko777
                          • Oct 2010

it is unlikely they will put a blockade. Today, 20 years after Macedonia's independence and Yugoslavia's collapse, 80% of the goods shipped to Solun's port are for the Republic of Macedonia.

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                            it is unlikely they will put a blockade. Today, 20 years after Macedonia's independence and Yugoslavia's collapse, 80% of the goods shipped to Solun's port are for the Republic of Macedonia.
                            If 80% of macedonia's imports come through solun wouldn't it make 'sense' for the 'greeks' to impose a blockade...?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Can Greece, who has the worst credit rating in the world (literally), even afford to blockade Macedonia now?

And this 'warrior on a horse' garbage is typical and expected from these submissive and self-loathing fools that are currently making these decisions in the Macedonian government. Absolutely pathetic. God forbid one wisphers the word 'Macedonian' or 'Alexander' in Macedonia.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                              X