X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bukefal View Post
    There is no way those shields will be authorised by the present Macedonian government. We have evidence of this.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

They seem to be an artists "impression" of the actual statue of Alexander the Shared World Historical Figure.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bukefal
        • Sep 2009

Those two delta pics are from a video, but I dont know how to add youtube vids to a post.
        here is the link

Comment

• Volk
          • Sep 2008

The opening is going to be a monumental day!!!

One begs to ask though, why they would not wait until the court case is over with the south is over?
          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

When is the opening day?
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bukefal
              • Sep 2009

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by julie View Post
                When is the opening day?
                I reckon that we have to ask as of now ali ahmeti...I'm afraid that the acko statue will removed
                1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Bukefal
                  • Sep 2009

Александар дојава во Скопје

Во центарот на главниот град на државата започна монтирањето на големиот споменик ма Александар Македонски, кој во проектот „Скопје 2014“ е наречен „Воин на коњ“.

Деловите од споменикот на Александар биле донесени со повеќе камиони околу 2 часот по полноќ, a наредните денови треба да пристигнат и преостанатите сегменти.

Екипа од Италија започнаа со монтажа на споменикот висок 13 метри, која според најавите ќе трае околу две недели. Тој ќе биде поставен на постамент - фонтана висок речиси 15 метри. Ќе го чуваат 8 лава. Вкупната вредност на споменикот се проценува на 9,4 милиони евра.
                  Прв независен информативен портал во Македонија. Од час во час следете ги најновите вести од Охрид, земјата и светот и информирајте се за случувањата од политиката, спортот, забавата, културата, туризмот... Одговорно и проверено!

Comment

• Niko777
                    • Oct 2010

Shame on the Macedonian government! They are denying that this statue depicts Alexander the Great. Instead, they are officially telling the world this is a random "warrior on a horse".

Comment

• vojnik
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                      Shame on the Macedonian government! They are denying that this statue depicts Alexander the Great. Instead, they are officially telling the world this is a random "warrior on a horse".
                      Where does it say that?

Comment

• Niko777
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by vojnik View Post
                        Where does it say that?
                        "Although the statue is officially named "Warrior on a Horse," the face closely resembles ancient depictions of Alexander... the government says is an important part of city redevelopment." -The Canadian Press

"Pieces of "Warrior on a Horse" were laid out in the capital Skopje and are due to be assembled this week..." -BBC News

Also, all of the Macedonian media mention "Воин на коњ".

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                          "Although the statue is officially named "Warrior on a Horse," the face closely resembles ancient depictions of Alexander... the government says is an important part of city redevelopment." -The Canadian Press

"Pieces of "Warrior on a Horse" were laid out in the capital Skopje and are due to be assembled this week..." -BBC News

Also, all of the Macedonian media mention "Воин на коњ".
                          Links please.

Comment

• Bukefal
                            • Sep 2009

Please dont make some sensational stories out of nothing.

The statue is of Alexander and the government has always said it is of Alexander. They are not denying anything. Why would they do that? lol It is stupid to rave on 2 years about putting up a statue of alexander the great, and to say now thats it just of a warrior.

They just named the operation of setting this statue up under that name and it is a statue of alexander who is a warrior on a horse, thats all.
                            Last edited by Bukefal; 06-14-2011, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Bukefal, perhaps you did not read the relatively recent Miloshoski statement about some of Macedonia's other historical statues. I have no doubt the statue is being (presently) portrayed as a "warrior on horse". It is consistent with Macedonian "leadership" ideology presently.

When you suggest it is Alexander, I see nothing different to Macedonians knowing they are Macedonian but being called "Macedonia (Skopje)" citizens. If it is Alexander, call it Alexander for the world to know. If it is Macedonia .... don't call it FYROM or Macedonia (Skopje).
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Rogi
                                • Sep 2008

Bukefal, they have named the operation as such, and the statue, in order to avoid any political backlash coming from Greece, so that there is no 'official' statement from the Macedonian Government mentioning the erection of a statue of Alexander The Great, but rather just a statue of a warrior.

There will however be unofficial mentions of the erection of Alexander the Great's statue, to appease the public.

So again "wink wink, nudge nudge we know what it is" but "let's not say it too loudly in case the Greeks hear it". It really defeats the purpose of erecting the statue in the first place, doesn't it? It was meant to be a symbol of Macedonian pride. It's becoming the opposite.
                                Last edited by Rogi; 06-14-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X