Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

they should just string him by the you know what.What a wanker.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• United MKD
      • Jul 2011

If I was in Skopje I would rearrange his face myself, someone should find him and teach him a lesson. The gypsy forum is probably reading this right now coz that's all they do is stalk this forum so they'll pass on the message to him.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

Already the fountain has been the target of vandalism, according to this article. Pretty disgraceful.

Here are a few shots of the vandalised marble surface:

The fountain has also been drained in preparation for the winter season, in order to prevent any damage to the water system and pipework.

Finally, there are a tonne of beautiful high definition photos of the fountain during the day and night, but here's an interesting shot that really highlights how big the statue really is.

Comment

• ProMKD
          • Oct 2011

Thanks for the photos Egejska, that last one is amazing! This picture is taken halfway between the old Train Station and the statue itself, at least 300m from the statue!
          www.everythingmacedonia.com
          Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
            Already the fountain has been the target of vandalism, according to this article. Pretty disgraceful.

Here are a few shots of the vandalised marble surface:

They should install a high-tech camera system that can be frequently monitored. That sort of damage would have taken more than just a minute and would have made some noise.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
              • Jan 2010

SoM, I think there are already cameras in the square, however I'm not sure if they're entirely dedicated to the statue. It's something the council should consider. There's also talk of hiring security in the future to prevent these uncivilised vandals from further defacing and destroying the fountain.

You're right though, how nobody realised what was happening is beyond me. It may have been in the middle of the night, but surely there'd still be a few people around in the city square. It looks like the vandal used a hammer to smash the steps. Why someone would do such a thing is incomprehensible. Let's hope the perpetrators are found and severely punished...although I have little confidence that they will be caught.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Maybe it was someone who was angry with the fact the statue wasn't called "Alexander of Macedonia"??
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Even though I am one of those people unhappy with the government's weakness where it concerns the naming of the statue, I wouldn't desecrate it like that. Assuming it is one of those people, they should have done away with the plaque that says "warrior on a horse" (if there is one?) and replaced it with one that says "Alexander of Macedon".
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

I certainly wasn't advocating the destruction or vandalism. Perhaps I was secretly hoping someone over there is passionate about such things though.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

I hear somebody reported a hammer-wielding driver in a porsche near the statue a few dark nights ago, lol.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Alright, it was me ... I did it. I was drunk and it was a spur of the moment thing. I didn't have a hammer but used SoM's sharp wit to chisel away at the marble.

lol
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

RtG congrats i was thinking of doing it i wonder being drunk can be used as a defence.And i hope in your drunken stupor tried to wipe out soldier on a horse text & managed to put alexander of macedonia text.
                          I wonder if the authorities have thought of guarding the statue or fencing it off because alot of people are thinking of damaging the statue.
                          Last edited by George S.; 11-15-2011, 10:39 PM. Reason: edit
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                            • Jan 2010

Here's something interesting that I saw in some footage taken on Independence Day.

Notice the shield.

The image may be blurry, but the fabricated 16-ray sun is still very visible.

Pretty embarrassing hey.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

next to the photographer i think it's the ventilator.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                                • Jan 2009

More sculptures, this time of Philip that looking directly at the monument of Alexander of Macedon Square...

Last edited by The LION will ROAR; 12-12-2011, 09:17 PM.
                                The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

Working...
                                X