X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bad Sven
    replied
    Originally posted by Mastika View Post
    Komita can I ask why you have Nicholas II as your avatar? Thanks.
    Nicholas II, the Danish homo who moonlighted as a Russian. He was also related to another Danish homo, George I of Grease (modern creator of Grease and the "greeks")

LOL

Leave a comment:

• Big Bad Sven
    replied
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring....................

I have been reading statements like these for the past 10 years (maybe more) with stupid little empty promises of the church issue being resolved or that its "close" to being finished, or that the russians will eventually "save us".......... then we wait untill next year when the same useless message appears again.

Honestly it feels like a annual PR stunt by the ROC just to make the macedonians settle.

In my dreams i picture the ROC, along with the other churches uniting to help macedonia and standing up to bullies like the GOC and SOC but that will never happen. The ROC is too guttless to do anything that goes against their serbian and "greek" pets and the Orthodox church is too politically corrupt.

Ho-Hum

Leave a comment:

• Mastika
    replied
    Komita can I ask why you have Nicholas II as your avatar? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    As soon as I read the title I knew it was the same rhetoric, because there have been many similar articles and all play the same useless tune.

The ROC has proven itself to be useless in this dispute. It's not a chess game for Christ's sake, it's simple, the SOC and the Constantinople Patriarchate need to come to terms with reality and acknowledge the MOC.

Or, we can remain autonomous in the spirit of the historical Archbishopric of Ohrid in Macedonia. Even if we were accepted "in the family" tomorrow, Macedonians will look at the other neighbouring OC's with reserve for a long time, because this has to be one of the most pathetic disputes caused by the SOC's arrogance and the ROC's and CP's cowardice.

Komita, what exactly is the problem with these OC's recognising the MOC? Why are they doing this? And they want our respect?

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    No, I did not see support for the MOC.
    What gave you that impression Komita?
    It certainly was not any of the text above, nor has it been one single time in Macedonia's history.

Leave a comment:

• Frank
    replied
    The ROC would if it lent its support then need to resolve its status with thier Ukranian foes

In my view the MOC are criminaly intent cowards why is thier need for dialogue the MOC is what it is and nobody can take that away.

Especially the filthy Serbs who owe thair very spoken lanuage to us.

Leave a comment:

• Bratot
    replied
    I don't see support in recognition of the MOC but in disolving the dispute, without saying in which way.

Leave a comment:

• Komita
    replied
    Supported by the Russian Patriarchate for the recognition of the MOC

Supported by the Russian Patriarchate for the recognition of the MOC
    A Mile. Risteski Comments (7)

08/05/2010 13:52
    Inter-religious Conference - Ohrid

Communication with strong support from the Russian Archbishop Kirill, the Russian Orthodox Church will strive to resolve the problem that has MOC Ohrid Archbishopric in terms of its recognition of the sister Orthodox Churches.

In Ohrid came with the blessing of the Russian Patriarch and between our churches there is no problem, emphasize Jaroslavskiot Archbishop Cyril.

"I can not be indifferent to the Slavic brothers, who are in isolation outside of communion with other Orthodox churches," said Russian Archbishop Cyril.

In Ohrid on inter-religious conference attended by the monk Peter vodnichko-Tuzla Eparchy of SOC. The dispute thereof of the MOC and SOC. Do not know where the talks, but stresses need for dialogue.

"Of course we support any action to build goodwill and peace and welfare, citing his words of our late patriarch blessed Paul, that evil and war can not bring good to anybody," said the monk Peter.

The conference was called and Efendi Rexhepi, IRC. After meeting with the prime minister and president with a humble tone, says the problems are beyond the dialogue, and Macedonia to serve as a positive example to others. Denies ultimatum to build mosques in Prilep and Lazec. Expected up to three months mosques to begin to build.

"Absolutely I have no ultimatum, but were aimed at resolving some outstanding issues that had the Islamic community and has probably in the future. For some questions that we have completed, locked, "said Rexhepi Efendi.

Macedonia live in a world of razlichitostite. Life is not taught in co-existence and tolerance. In Macedonia properly understood razlichitostite world and we respect it, "said Djordje Ivanov.

In inter-religious conference in Ohrid at the last minute canceled their participation former UN Secretary-General, Boutros Ghali and representatives of churches in the Orthodox world are visiting the monasteries and St. Rajcica. John Bigorski.

Leave a comment:

• indigen
    replied
    ДО МЕДИУМИТЕ ВО Р. МАКЕДОНИЈА

ОТВОРЕНО ПИСМО ДО СВЕТИОТ АРХИЈЕРЕЈСКИ СИНОД НА МАКЕДОНСКАТА ПРАВОСЛАВНА ЦРКВА

ГОСПОДО ВЛАДИЦИ, дали сте свесни кон што ја водите нашата Македонска православна црква? Дали тоа несвесно го правите (досега никој не се посомневал во вашето ментално здравје), или пак тоа свесно го правите, но претходно продавајќи си ја вашата душа на душманите на Македонската православна црква т.е. на самиот ѓавол. Објаснувањата кои стасуваат дека привременото губење на автокефалноста (самостојноста) на МПЦ и враќањето кон автономија, би била само чекор назад за да се појде два чекори напред кон конечна самостојност, се лаги на владиците Петар, Наум, Тимотеј и Јован под покровителство на Поглаварот Стефан (за кого сите знаеме дека беше неканонски избран со притисоци и фалсификати). Тие лаги, за среќа, навреме беа откриени и од македонскиот народ, но и од владиците Кирил и Агатангел (фала му на Бога што имаме и такви) кои заеднички и многу гласно ги искажаа своите несогласувања со ставовите (лагите) на просрпските владици Петар (кој скоро успеа да ја уништи и Австралиско-новозеландската епархија) и заблудениот Тимотеј, како и на се погласните гркомански платеници Наум и Јован уфрлени во МПЦ за да го растурат канонскиот сојуз на македонските владици и македонскиот народ кој со години успешно се спротивставуваше на нападите на душманските комшиски (НЕ)православни цркви.

Со години не им успеваше намерата да ја уништат МПЦ, си до денешен ден кога на власт во Македонија се наоѓаат немакедонски предавници кои во договор со комшиските непријатели сакаат да ја уништат и МПЦ, но и македонската држава.

И бидејќи на македонскиот народ му е преку глава од предавства како во државата, така сега и во Црквата, наскоро ќе мора да расчисти со сите вакви ненародни елементи и конечно да го добие она за што со векови се борел, Вистинска самостојна македонска држава, но и вековита самостојна Македонска православна црква.

МАКЕДОНСКА АЛИЈАНСА
    претседател,
    Ѓорѓија - Џорџ Атанасоски
    03.6. 2002 година*
    С К О П Ј Е*

Leave a comment:

• indigen
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogi View Post
    I wasn't questioning any support for anyone or anything, rather I was questioning the purpose, reasoning and angle behind the posts.
    Well, there is a topic title and the posts a clearly related to it. The purpose, as should be obvious to anyone without conspiracy theories and "angles", is to provide information and raise awareness amongst Macedonians, especially those that missed the event as they were growing up, about this historical church scandal that, had it not been averted by popular reaction, including these media articles you and P. find objectionable, almost placed MPC under Serbian jurisdiction.

I have no idea who indigen is, nor do I really need to, but I also have no idea whether he/she is religious and/or his/her views and so I have no idea what angle he/she is coming from with articles that go further than harming bishops but go toward discrediting the MOC itself.
    I am a he and A. should not be making too many assumptions about who I may be because you know the old saying about assuming...:-)

Instead of generalising, can you please quote the objectionable parts of the articles and explain what is incorrect and objectionable?

Mind you, all that aside, this thread is 4 months old and has been inactive for just as long, so I'm not sure why it was kicked up by you today.
    Perhaps because people continue to read it and A. thought it needs his response to correct misconceptions. That is my analysis on it.

Leave a comment:

• Rogi
    replied
    I wasn't questioning any support for anyone or anything, rather I was questioning the purpose, reasoning and angle behind the posts.

I have no idea who indigen is, nor do I really need to, but I also have no idea whether he/she is religious and/or his/her views and so I have no idea what angle he/she is coming from with articles that go further than harming bishops but go toward discrediting the MOC itself.

I don't think the way to go about things is to discredit the entire MOC, which is what many Macedonians have as an underlying foundation for expressing their religious belief, and thus, perhaps inadvertently, denigrating their belief and religion.

Mind you, all that aside, this thread is 4 months old and has been inactive for just as long, so I'm not sure why it was kicked up by you today.
    Last edited by Rogi; 03-28-2010, 09:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aleksandrov
    replied
    Rogi,

The material in the posts makes it pretty clear that the "Church dispute" in Australia is not an authentically Australian problem, but a manifestation of fundamental problems in the Macedonian Orthodox Church and Macedonian nation generally.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by one-sided. If you mean one-sided in favor of those who do not want to compromise the independence and identity of the Macedonian Orthodox Church as a church of the Macedonian Orthodox people, then I agree that it is one-sided and see no problem with that. If by one-sided you mean that it leaves out facts or opinions that may counter those presented, you might want to address that by presenting the facts and opinions that favor the other 'side', in relation to the Macedonian Orthodox Church generally, rather than just in relation to two competing local groups of volunteers in the relatively isolated MOCC St. Nikola in Melbourne, during a small period in the mid to late 1990s.

Questioning Indigen's support for the MOC as the Macedonian people's church is not something you would look back upon positively in future, I think.
    Last edited by aleksandrov; 08-30-2010, 12:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bratot
    replied
    I think the discussion of this kind can be fruitful sometimes

I stand up by Rogi with my age but also support the healthy critics on the rotten Vladici.

A positive music to all soldats

YouTube - Soldat - 5nizza
    Last edited by Bratot; 03-28-2010, 09:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rogi
    replied
    Alexandrov,

My initial intention was not to delve into the dispute to which you refer, but rather to question the motive behind the posts; they are of course clearly one-sided, but they are not limited to the church dispute in Australia (which I wouldn't question, the angle there is clear), but rather they are about the entire Macedonian Orthodox Church and more than that, about religion itself (this is what I am questioning and for what I am seeking clarification).

If it is specifically about the church dispute in Australia with the intention of showcasing one side of the argument of the dispute, then so be it. That is fine.

If the intent however is one against religion itself, and that is clarified to be the case, then I will take offense to it as a Macedonian of the Christian faith.

In the same manner that I understand and respect those who do not subscribe to any religion, and I do not preach to them, I expect that those who are non-religious, to also leave me to my own beliefs without trying to denigrate them. Merely out of respect for one's right to religion and/or non-religion.

So it is that clarity that I was seeking.

Of course, until it became something about age/youth, etc.
    Last edited by Rogi; 03-28-2010, 08:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aleksandrov
    replied
    Rogi,

Indigen's questioning of your knowledge of the background to the long-running "Church dispute" (which is really just another warfront between those who want freedom and justice for the Macedonian people and those who seek to subjugate us as vassals to foreign interests) based on your age might appear as a low blow, but you brought it upon yourself by unfairly implying that his posts might be motivated by a general hostility to the Macedonian Orthodox Church.

The temporary micro-achievements of a group who managed the St. Nikola community in Melbourne for a little while are small picture issues compared to what Indigen is getting at. The virtues that temporary local leadership had over its predecessors are far outweighed by the long-term results of the coup they helped Petar conduct, not only in St. Nikola, but also in Macedonian Orthodox Communities like St. Iliya, which were once strong-holds of Macedonian patriotic activity. Who is running St. Nikola and St. Iliya today, thanks to the constitutional arrangements Petar managed to deceptively impose there? Where do those 'communities' stand today in relation to matters of critical national interest, such as the implementation of the Interim Accord with Greece and the Framework Agreement with the new Balisti? Are they members of the Macedonian Community Council of Victoria? If not, why not?

When you ask someone like Indigen whether he is an enemy of the Macedonian Orthodox Church, you might want to define what the Macedonian Orthodox Church is to you.

The reality is that, like the Macedonian state, the modern Macedonian Orthodox Church was founded by a popular movement of Macedonian freedom-loving rebels, but its institutional power was later usurped, at least partially, by vassals of foreign interests. Those usurpers were trained and educated by the same Serbian and/or Greek churches that systematically deny the indigenous Macedonian identity and accuse the founders of the modern Macedonian Orthodox church of being schismatics, non-believers, atheists, false priests, excommunicated .... It is no coincidence that those usurpers have negotiated and tried to implement a 'return' of our Church under Serbian church jurisdiction and abolition of its national identity, with Greek church blessing. It is also no coincidence that those usurpers are today labeling the Macedonian Orthodox communities in Australia that want to retain substantial self-governance as schismatics, non-believers, atheists, false priests, excommunicated .... You'll gain a much more fundamental understanding of this situation if you try to critically analyze the material Indigen has posted, without prejudice.
    Last edited by aleksandrov; 08-30-2010, 12:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X