Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Dimko, What is your opinion on Lawrence Eagleburger?
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Prolet, what's yours?

I think it's a shame that most of these 'ministers' only make such 'strong' statements when they become 'former ministers'.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

SOM, No US diplomat knows Macedonia better then Lawrence Eagleburger, he's always been vocal about our name, keep in mind that while he was the secretary of state our country was still under the YU regime, i think Madelaine Albright replaced him in the early 90s
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Buktop
          • Oct 2009

You can thank the US Democrats for their key role in anti-Macedonian pro-Greek involvement.

Republicans have been noticeably more supportive of Macedonian interests.
          "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
          though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
          Our long awaited hour will draw near
          and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Buktop, Why is that the case?

Comment

• Buktop
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
              Buktop, Why is that the case?
              A Republican and a Democrat were walking down the street when they came to a homeless person. The Republican gave the homeless person his business card and told him to come to his business for a job. He then took twenty dollars out of his pocket and gave it to the homeless person. The Democrat was very impressed, and when they came to another homeless person, he decided to help. He walked over to the homeless person and gave him directions to the welfare office. He then reached into the Republican’s pocket and got out twenty dollars. He kept $15 for administrative fees and gave the homeless person five.

I am an independent. Though this is just my opinion, and I do not fully agree with all Republican policy, the Democrats have proven themselves to be riddled with bureaucratic tendencies. They usually support the federalization of foreign nations/exploiting minority issues in foreign policy, thereby attempting to exploit the weakness of those foreign countries. Republicans, although very military oriented, tend to support their allies, and genuinely appreciate the support of foreign nations.

I guess to put it simply, if you help a democrat, he will say thanks, praise you one moment and forget that you helped him, a Republican will remember you and will usually return the favor.

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Buktop, It makes sense what you say, however why is it that the Republicans always go to war? Shouldnt they be looking for peace?

What is your opinion on the current Obama Administration? They have a massive crisis with the Oil Spill and not only that things are heating up in Afghanistan with the Taliban forces.

Comment

• Buktop
                  • Oct 2009

Buktop, It makes sense what you say, however why is it that the Republicans always go to war? Shouldnt they be looking for peace?

What is your opinion on the current Obama Administration? They have a massive crisis with the Oil Spill and not only that things are heating up in Afghanistan with the Taliban forces.
                  Republicans are more in favor of flexing their military muscles, and achieving gain through that, and it is also because Republicans are more actively business oriented, whereas Democrats are government expansion oriented. Not saying that Republicans are right by stimulating economic activity through war, but they usually produce results. To give you my full opinion on the obama administration and the oil spill, as well as Afghanistan would really take me a full novel to explain, I will tell you though, that I am not satisfied with Obama, but I would not classify his administration as incompetent.

I want you guys to watch this part of the Brooklyn Connection, particularly concerning the Albanian lobby in attempting to get John Kerry elected, and the extremely close relationship the Albanians have with Richard Holbrooke. This may explain the anti-Macedonian vision of the US when it concerns Albanians for many of you.

YouTube - The Brooklyn Connection - Part 2
                  Last edited by Buktop; 06-05-2010, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                    ...To give you my full opinion on the obama administration and the oil spill, as well as Afghanistan would really take me a full novel to explain...
                    Buktop, try the 25 words or less technique if you're not up to writing novels anymore...

Writing novels was never a problem for you in the past, I remember one that you wrote in an attempt to describe Macedonian constitutional law...lol

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Good point Phoenix

Buktop, Could you maybe give a shortened version of your opinion of the Obama Administration?

Spolaj Ti

Comment

• Buktop
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                        Buktop, try the 25 words or less technique if you're not up to writing novels anymore...

Writing novels was never a problem for you in the past, I remember one that you wrote in an attempt to describe Macedonian constitutional law...lol
                        If you think I have written novels in the past, you don't want to see what I could potentially write on the Obama administration... In fact, I could write an entire 10 part series on the Obama administration...

Well that particular novel on Macedonian constitutional law was one of my favorites. It's a pity that so few Macedonians realize the inherent flaws of the government that rules them and lack the ability to rectify those problems that have lead to our current situation...
                        Last edited by Buktop; 06-05-2010, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• Buktop
                          • Oct 2009

Good point Phoenix

Buktop, Could you maybe give a shortened version of your opinion of the Obama Administration?

Spolaj Ti
                          recovery from recession: OK

Healthcare: not good

Foreign policy: not good

Military: not good

Financial reform: so far OK but majority yet to be seen

I could probably continue the list indefinitely, but I want you to ask me specific questions, so I can give you specific answers. As an Economist, my answers are usually long and very analytical, so rather than boring everyone to death, ask me some questions that bother you.

Comment

• makalek
                            • Apr 2010

Hillary Clinton with a letter congratulating Macedonia's independence

Macedonia's National Day

Hillary Rodham Clinton
                            Secretary of State
                            Washington, DC
                            September 8, 2010

On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I congratulate the people of Macedonia as you celebrate your Independence Day on September 8.

On this occasion, we reaffirm the bonds between our countries and look forward to deepening our partnership in the years to come. The United States is committed to promoting Macedonia’s membership in NATO and the European Union, and we will continue to help strengthen Macedonia’s multiethnic and democratic institutions in cooperation with your leaders and civil society.

I wish the people of Macedonia a safe and happy holiday. We celebrate all you have achieved in the 19 years since your independence as we work together toward a democratic, secure, and prosperous future for all our people.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                              • Oct 2009

UMD just held a meeting with the State Department. Thank you Secretary Clinton and the U.S. for your support of Macedonia!
                              For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                              http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                              Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                              Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                              Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Bratot
                                • Sep 2008

What support she gaved us, could you be more specific?

And what kind of meeting you held, don't be so information dry, tell us who you met, where, what was the topic, some news, who was on UMD side etc. etc. ???
                                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

Working...
                                X