X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MakOdToronto View Post
    Switzerland of the Balkans; Grujo can lead us there!
    An impossibility.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• maslinka
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by MakOdToronto View Post
      Guess you need to catch up on the last 8 years, mate! Camp Bondsteel is closing; yanks and KFOR leaving ahead of schedule. They haven't paid much attention to Macedonia for years. Why do you want to be in NATO? Just drop the NATO stuff and move on--the Americans and Canadians and Brits and Germans, etc., etc. only push it because you say you want in. Why do you want to be partners with Greece anyway?? Macedonia can go its own way -- Switzerland of the Balkans; Grujo can lead us there!
      I know it is history.....but the point is that Macedonia is but a pawn, and that the influence from such a period of US involvement still persists. Does anyone know how big the CIA headquarters are in Skopje?

Since Obama has come in to power, I feel that the USA's recognition of Macedonia is only temporary ..... enter the 'Grim Reeker'.

Switzerland...fat chance, maybe more like Taiwan if they ever get lucky and can attract investment so that business can make a greater margin on their good produced/sold.

Comment

• Frank
        Banned
        • Mar 2010

An impossibility.
        No it is possible

Comment

• Frank
          Banned
          • Mar 2010

Since Obama has come in to power, I feel that the USA's recognition of Macedonia is only temporary ..... enter the 'Grim Reeker'.
          The US doesn’t change FP but in the case of Macedonia it will gladly move goals IF the Macedonians say go ahead we are OK with it

The Yanks are not our friends the only friendship today is the value of the $ Economic ties is where it is and all flows from that

The Yanks if they supported Macedonia will not sit on the fence saying they support an agreement being dished out between us and the Neo-Hellenes

The Yanks if they support us and value us would not have left Greece belittle them in Bucharest

The Yanks see we our worth because of our Albanian Minority NOT US

On NATO it has less of a strategic value to the US then it is given worth, it is more like a useful side kick but if it comes to the decision of no need for it, Washington will dump on it

If the Yanks our supporters they would not have essentially whitewashed naive Macedonians who feel hock line and sinker with that Recognition gift to stop the Referendum which was on its way to win through remember the Referendum

And offcourse their infamous War folly in 2001 I will never forgive them for that NEVER
          Last edited by Frank; 05-23-2010, 03:57 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            No it is possible
            Absolutely, the myth of this is possible.
            But unless you wish to dig deep into your pockets and make a wealthy nation out of Macedonia that has the ability to influence worldwide financial markets ... then you are merely having fun with your statement.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Frank
              Banned
              • Mar 2010

There is no need to be the Fincial Pillar of the World that was the farest thing from my mind

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

OK Frank. Whenever you are ready, feel free to let loose what actually is in your mind.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  Absolutely, the myth of this is possible.
                  But unless you wish to dig deep into your pockets and make a wealthy nation out of Macedonia that has the ability to influence worldwide financial markets ... then you are merely having fun with your statement.
                  Risto, You're right

Money talks these days, who wants to deal with Goltari? If Macedonia was a rich country, even this size nobody would touch us. But when you're poor and weak anybody can take advantage of us.
                  МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet
                    But when you're poor and weak anybody can take advantage of us.
                    If we allow them to, they can, otherwise, Macedonians should always bargain for the best deal in Macedonia's interests, and not those of foreign elements. Suffice to say, several decisions and agreements made by those leading the Macedonian state in recent decades have been less than desirable (read pathetic) and detrimental to the Macedonian Cause. The fact that self-respect and integrity are powerful weapons in the struggle for human rights and equality among other nations goes completely above the heads of some Macedonians.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Take a look at whats going on here, how on earth can an Ambassador of any country interfere like this? Telling political parties what to do and so forth, if you recall in 2008 our Ambassador Viktor Gaber was not even allowed to take part in that name rally yet Reeker can tell Ahmeti what they should do. And look at what happens at the end, they dont even provide translators their whole statement was in Albanian.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                        • Jan 2009

"Switzerland of the balkans" - man i hate that saying. It could mean anything, good or bad, but unfortunately it means the death of macedonia.

Guys we are unfortunately already the "switzerland of the balkans" or we are becoming that, however we are not becoming this because of our choosing.....

We are pretty much a "multi-ethnic" and "multi-language" country thanks to the shiptars and the "ohrid agreement".....

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

BBS, When i hear Switzerland of the Balkans it makes me wanna puke, those where the words of Vanco Mihajlov and his Bugarophile Idea.

Comment

• MakOdToronto
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by maslinka View Post
                            I know it is history.....but the point is that Macedonia is but a pawn, and that the influence from such a period of US involvement still persists. Does anyone know how big the CIA headquarters are in Skopje?

Switzerland...fat chance, maybe more like Taiwan if they ever get lucky and can attract investment so that business can make a greater margin on their good produced/sold.
                            Risto is right. I am in Skopje now and there is no money here for anything unless you have ties to the party. But Prolet misses that Reeker was Bush's guy -- the Democrats in the U.S. did not even want to let him come because he was pro-Macedonian. Everywhere here people say that Reeker wants to leave, but they won't let him. He was from Australia, too.

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Phillip Reeker is from Australia? He has a stronger American Accent then George W Bush.

He served in Macedonia during the mid 90s i believe he was close to the then Ambassador Christopher Hill, Why would Reeker want to leave? He is just doing his job i dont blame here, he has an agenda and he needs to stick to his countries interests.

USA is building an even bigger embassy in Belgrade.

Comment

• MakOdToronto
                                • May 2010

His bio said he was from Australia or something. Prolet have you seen other Embassies -- I was in Belgrade in January and new Yank Embassy there will be 2 x Skopje; Zagreb much bigger too. I was out with some businessmen on Friday, who know Reker and said he was gone for a month and going to position in Afghanistan, but US wanted him to stay in Balkans. He was a big supporter of Macedonia.

When will we have CANADA Emb in R. Macedonia????

Comment

Working...
                                X