X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
    The French have always displayed Philhellenic attitudes and always supported my country. We are very good allies indeed.
    So did the British, Germans, Russians who created your nation. And so did the USA. But Greece is no longer best friends with the USA. And Lord knows the Germans see through the lies that got Greece got into the EU with and are quite displeased. The British gave up on Greece decades ago.

I will continue to be Greece's friend though.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Demos
      Banned
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      So did the British, Germans, Russians who created your nation. And so did the USA. But Greece is no longer best friends with the USA. And Lord knows the Germans see through the lies that got Greece got into the EU with and are quite displeased. The British gave up on Greece decades ago.

I will continue to be Greece's friend though.

The Germans, French, English, Russians and all the others you mentioned didn't exist when Greeks were building the Acropolis, writing philosophical books, medical documents, or coming up with scientific innovations.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

The Germans, French, English, Russians and all the others you mentioned didn't exist when Greeks were building the Acropolis, writing philosophical books, medical documents, or coming up with scientific innovations.
        Nor did Greeks.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Damn it Risto you beat me to it!
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bratot
            • Sep 2008

Ya ya and Macedonians JUST few thousands of years before were having an observatory as Kokino.

So lets talk about a.. CIVILIZATION in the real meaning
            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• osiris
              • Sep 2008

hell demos you still carping on about the wonders of ancinet hellas. arent you ashamd of your self boy if thats all you have to hnag your foustanella on.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Damn it Risto you beat me to it!
                Sorry mate.
                It is like fishing in a man-made pond.

Look at the desire to remain connected with antiquity by these people. If an ancient Hellene listened to the dribble from the modern Greeks, they would have laughed and then sought council with the likes of Tesla.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Venom
                  • Sep 2008

The French have always displayed Philhellenic attitudes and always supported my country. We are very good allies indeed.
                  Gee, by modern greek thinking then that would make the French greeks too.
                  S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Demos
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                    Gee, by modern greek thinking then that would make the French greeks too.
                    The French don't need to claim anything Greek. They have their own language and culture.

Comment

• Demos
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      Nor did Greeks.
                      Sure, we didn't. The Acropolis was built by extraterrestrial beings from another planet.

Comment

• Rogi
                        • Sep 2008

Actually, it was most likely built by the slaves from Egypt, who worked for their hellenic Athenian masters. In any case, nothing to do with 'Greeks' or 'You'.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

The Acropolis was built by the Ancient Greeks, modern Greeks are "anybody who is Christian and settles or lives in Greece" according to the first constitution at the birth of your modern nation. Germans, English, Albanians, Vlachs, Venetians and Armenians didn't build the Acropolis. Those that build a Pagan structure don't use it as a Christian church for centuries on end, violating its purpose and what is symbolizes, if it meant anything to them.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Demos
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                            Actually, it was most likely built by the slaves from Egypt, who worked for their hellenic Athenian masters. In any case, nothing to do with 'Greeks' or 'You'.
                            Rogi,

I'm not a Greek. I'm a Hellene (Ellinas). The term Greek does not exist in my language. Neither does the term "Greeks" or "Greece".

Comment

• Rogi
                              • Sep 2008

Demos,

You are not a Hellene. You are a modern Greek.

Your country has adopted the word 'Hellene' to identify the mythical national identity it is trying to build.

Your country has adopted the language of the ancient Hellene's (although it could have easily gone the other way in your Parliament and Arvantika might have been it).

But you are not a Hellene and you are unrelated to the ancient Hellene's. You are a Greek, the product of a modern national creation, created to serve the interests of the leading powers at the time.

In fact, you're probably from Asia Minor and not the product of the Hellenic myth, but rather the product of the Greek expansionist 'Megali idea' myth and your grandparents were settled into Macedonia (after Greece took over in 1913), they were taught to speak Greek and change their cultural traditions to be in-line with with the identity Greece was trying to create as a nation.

Comment

• Oxi
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                                Demos,

You are not a Hellene. You are a modern Greek.

Your country has adopted the word 'Hellene' to identify the mythical national identity it is trying to build.

Your country has adopted the language of the ancient Hellene's (although it could have easily gone the other way in your Parliament and Arvantika might have been it).

But you are not a Hellene and you are unrelated to the ancient Hellene's. You are a Greek, the product of a modern national creation, created to serve the interests of the leading powers at the time.

In fact, you're probably from Asia Minor and not the product of the Hellenic myth, but rather the product of the Greek expansionist 'Megali idea' myth and your grandparents were settled into Macedonia (after Greece took over in 1913), they were taught to speak Greek and change their cultural traditions to be in-line with with the identity Greece was trying to create as a nation.
                                Why can't someone self identify and self determine as they please Rogi?

Comment

Working...
                                X