Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

Am not understanding it and am angry with the rumours that it will become the Republic of Northern Macedonia - this is utterly disgusting and abhorrent to me. My dad left for Bitola yesterday and is arriving in Skopje as we speak. Unfortunately he is not computer savvy so I wont have news on what the situation is there and the feel of the people until he returns mid August.
    I was under the impression Gruevski parents are from Aegean Macedonia
    I am scratching my head and in absolute pissed off mode as to the logic behind this joke.
    Because it has to be a joke. Surely he would not want to go down in history as being the person that gave up the"free" part of our wonderful heritage. Because that is what the western world and Greece is waiting for - to pounce and divide up what is left

May God save my beautiful Macedonian name. I am actually in tears .
    Fuck the EU
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Onur
      • Apr 2010

It seems like your government is under heavy pressure of Great powers and Greeks to accept name change. This is happening now, because Greece wont be in a position to dictate anything to Macedonia in near future, so they wanna resolve this problem on behalf of Greece`s interests as quickly as possible.

Also Greeks are in hurry for Cyprus issue these days too but Turkey will never accept any pressure for sure. I think Macedonia should do the same and wait for a while to see how things will be for Greece in near future.

Comment

• Makedonetz
        • Apr 2010

Onur yes we should sweat these greeks out they eventually will buckle. The right wing gov't is pressuring gruievski to stick to his guns hopefully we get some action soon.
        Makedoncite se borat
        za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
        - Goce Delchev

Comment

• DedoAleko
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
          “Republic of Northern Macedonia"???

We are farked
          Just few days ago Gruevski said that if they put this ("Northern Macedonia") on a referendum he will vote NO.

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

Some of us knew Gruevski was a traitor.

Comment

• Makedonetz
              • Apr 2010

PM Gruevski meets Papandreou in Madrid

am neither more nor less optimistic than before, as the problem is long-standing and we have been expecting its closure for a substantial period of time, Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski told media on Tuesday after an informal meeting his Greek counterpart George Papandreou.

Papandreou expressed will and desire for swift, mutually acceptable name row settlement within the process, mediated by UN Envoy Matthew Nimetz, Gruevski said.

I hope for the words to turn into reality, as saying and doing are two different things, hence I would be restrained in this regard, Gruevski said.

The two premiers also reviewed the developments in the region, the need for all Western Balkan countries to join the European Union as soon as possible. They tackled the Greek economy, with Papandreou presenting calming information that the main problem was resolved, opening the door for economic recovery.

It will be good for Macedonia also, as Greece is our, most probably richest neighbour, one of the best investment, trade partners, Gruevski said.

Economic developments were also a subject of discussion at Gruevski's meeting with his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Gruevski told Erdogan that a Turkish company would invest EUR 100-150 million in construction of several skyscrapers in Macedonia's capital Skopje.

Today, Gruevski, Erdogan and their Croatian counterpart Jadranka Kosor had a working launch with Spanish Vice-Premier María Teresa Fernández de la Vega, discussing the EU perspective of the three countries.

Furthermore, Gruevski asked support for Macedonia's EU integration process from European Council President Herman Van Rompuy.

- He is expecting a solution to the dispute with Greece, wishing for the row to be settled soon, enabling Macedonia to kick off the procedure for the EU entry talks. He understands that Greece is in a very difficult situation and financial crisis, but hopes that a mode will be found for resolving the problem, Gruevski said.

It will be good for Macedonia also, as Greece is our, most probably richest neighbour, one of the best investment, trade partners, Gruevski said.

This statement disturbes me....sleeping with the enemy.
              Makedoncite se borat
              za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
              - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Typical political banter.
                Imagine if a Macedonian leader had the balls to question the usefulness of the EU.
                Watch how fast Macedonia gets let in .... not that I condone it.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Makedonetz
                  • Apr 2010

Risto you think gruevski has something up his sleeve planned?
                  Makedoncite se borat
                  za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Only bad things for personal benefit.
                    But that is merely an opinion based on the little he has said about the name issue.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Makedonetz
                      • Apr 2010

Da the validity he has taken so far is soft. He reminds me of our PM here in Canada
                      Makedoncite se borat
                      za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

• osiris
                        • Sep 2008

Typical political banter.
                        Imagine if a Macedonian leader had the balls to question the usefulness of the EU.
                        Watch how fast Macedonia gets let in .... not that I condone it.
                        my sentiments exactly

Comment

• Makedonetz
                          • Apr 2010

Looks like the greeks dont want to play by the book.
                          ek PM

20 May 2010 | 13:59 | FOCUS News Agency

Skopje. Greece will not give up on its position over Macedonia and the country will start the EU accession talks when the name dispute is solved, despite the pressure Athens has been put to, Greek Prime Minister Georgi Papandrou said at the meeting with his Macedonian counterpart Nikola Gruevski held in Madrid, Macedonian Vreme daily writes, citing anonymous government sources.
                          Papandreou was explicit that Macedonia should not expect a miracle in June and it is impossible for the Council of EU to pass a decision that does not meet the approval of all member states.
                          Makedoncite se borat
                          za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Poll: Gruevski tops approval ratings

Thursday, 27 May 2010

Leader of ruling VMRO-DPMNE Nikola Gruevski enyoys the approval of 25,1 percent of 1,080 respodents to a poll of 'Pavel Satev' Institute, conducted on May 17-18.

The party's rating is about two percent lower than the one of its leader.

The rating of opposition SDSM has been at 10,5 percent for almost more than a year since the re-election of Branko Crvenkovski for the party leader. His rating is at 8,9%, followed by DUI leader Ali Ahmeti - 5,6. The ratings of DPA, ND leaders - Menduh Thachi and Imer Selmani is at 2,1 and 2 percent respectively.

Vast majority of citizens remain committed to Macedonia's EU, NATO membership, i.e. 82,4 and 81,8 percent are in favor of the country's integration with these organizations.

The support of the Framework Agreement is also steady, being favored by 52,6 percent

Now this has got me scratching my Head. 52.6 support the Framework Agreement They need some serious help.
                            Last edited by Bill77; 05-26-2010, 09:56 PM.
                            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

You're right Bill

Thats a disgrace
                              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• julie
                                • May 2009

This is nuts
                                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

Working...
                                X