Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Entered voluntarily? Please elaborate, and show me where the Macedonians wanted to enter these 'negotiations' without any pressure from Greece.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Entered under extreme duress.
      Look up "duress" in a legal dictionary and then confirm the validity of agreements whilst under this state .... contract law 101
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

PM Gruevski: Macedonian community in Canada - best promoter of Macedonia's values

PM Gruevski: Macedonian community in Canada - best promoter of Macedonia's values

Friday, 28 August 2009

Speaking before a great number of people in the Macedonian Orthodox Church St. Kliment Ohridski in Toronto, Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski extended late Thursday best wishes for good health, success and realization of Macedonia's goals to all Orthodox faithfuls in the Diaspora and the native country on the religious Holiday the Dormition of the Holy Mother of Good.

He thanked to the Macedonian community in Canada for affirmation of the Macedonian national, cultural, lingual and spiritual identity.

- All of these make you promoters of the cultural, national, historic and contemporary values of the Republic of Macedonia, Gruevski said.

The PM also extended gratitude to the Macedonian community in Canada for the financial, moral support of their native country in times of challenges, pressure, threats and blockades, in particular for their contribution Ottawa to recognize Macedonia under its constitutional name.

Referring to his meetings with Canadian officials, Gruevski said that he and his counterpart Stephen Harper signed an agreement under which about 200,000 Macedonians living in Canada would be able to exercise their rights, deriving from the pension, disability insurance.

The meetings with Canadian Defense, International Trade Ministers - Peter MacKay and Stockwell Day respectively - reaffirmed Ottwa's strong support of Macedonia's accession to NATO and for the first time addressed the possibility for signing a bilateral agreement on avoiding double taxation and investment protection, Gruevski said.

He also mentioned his meetings with the Speakers of the House of Commons, Senate, Peter Milliken and Noel Kinsella respectively, and a possibility for Canada to annul the visa requirements for the citizens in Macedonia in the years to come.

The PM invited the Macedonians living in Canada to invest in their native country, and informed them about the results of reforming the educational system, namely the introduction of obligatory high education, learning of English language, computer for every student and opening of new universities...

Foreign Minister Antonio Milosoki praised the Macedonian community in Canada for their substantial contribution to Ottawa's decision to recognize Macedonia under its constitutional name.

- Macedonia has its Embassy in Ottawa and General Consulate in Toronto, but its most precious capital is you, as each and every one of you is yet another Macedonian ambassador to Canada, Milososki said.

In spite of the large geographic distance Macedonia and Canada share a fundamental value - both societies are multicultural -offering everybody a possibility to exercise the human rights guaranteed by the two countries, Milososki said.

He called on Macedonians in Canada to frequently visit their native country, which bears the most popular name in Europe - Macedonia.

Today, Gruevski will also visit the Macedonian community in Markham. //mia
        Congrats to all of you Macedonians living in Canada, Gruevski loves you!!
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Sounds like a worthwhile visit I suppose.
          I hope he heard and understood the sentiment of the Diaspora.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Staro_Selo
            • Sep 2008

It was laud and clear! He got the point!

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Maybe Nikola Gruevski needs to take a leaf out of Kevin Rudd's book?

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the Language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
              Last edited by Prolet; 10-01-2009, 04:24 PM.
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

None of this is unreasonable!
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Rogi
                  • Sep 2008

Are the above really quotes from Rudd?
                  Did Kevin 'bloody' Rudd have another of his outbursts?

Comment

• Dzog
                    • Sep 2009

I think that quote is simple-minded and offensive. The core values of all religions are pretty much the same in their advocacy of peace and love. However, when you start differentiating with respect to denomination, as this individual has, you begin to alienate other individuals and groups and impinge upon their human rights - and this where REAL problems start. As Macedonians, we understand that this very dangerous. A mentality of "do what we do" soon turns into "forget what you have done, where you've been, who you are" and this is not what Australia should be about.
                    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Prolet can you post a link or a source to these quotes you have just cited?
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

It came via email actually, i do normally post the sources under the articles.

It started off like this:

America , Canada , all Europe ..... needs a President like this.

I've looked around Australian News Sites and i cant seem to find anything, my guess is that it probably came from an American Source.

Dzog, I think if this is really true that if you want to come and live in a country even if you are born there you have to follow their rules and their way of life. When in Rome do as the Romans as they say, look at the Muslim countries in Dubai for example Christians are fined or even jailed if they drink something during Ramadan they are forced to adapt to Islamic laws and traditions while in Western Countries they complain and ask for more rights. Lets not forget that in countries like Indonesia they go pretty much force people to change their religion to Islam with death threats.

If you go to live in a foreign country you must accept their way of life otherwise you dont go there its very simple.
                        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Dzog
                          • Sep 2009

The rules to be followed are the laws. Australia's laws are secular and should not be interpreted as a manifestation of religious beliefs. Furthermore, there is no prescriptive "way of life" in Australia and I do not buy into some people's ideas as to what it should be. As long as the laws are adhered to, then we can ensure a happy a peaceful society but when you start differentiating between the utility of the values of different religions you start to move away from the recognition of common factors that underpin all belief systems towards a system that breeds religious extremism.

Prolet, answer me this, how would you feel if a Macedonian criminal was often described as a "Macedonian Orthodox rapist" or a "Macedonian Orthodox murderer"?
                          Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Pelister
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                            Maybe Nikola Gruevski needs to take a leaf out of Kevin Rudd's book?

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the Language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
                            It is also because the Muslims who argue that the Sharia is the highest law also believe it is above all laws including the laws of a secular society. It is by nature their fanaticism which leads them to this point of view.

The Koran teaches that murder is unacceptable, except when their is just cause to do it. This is fundamentally OPPOSED to the doctrine of Christianity.
                            Last edited by Pelister; 10-01-2009, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dzog
                              The rules to be followed are the laws. Australia's laws are secular and should not be interpreted as a manifestation of religious beliefs.
                              Hi Dzog, I agree with what you say.

I also believe that there must be an acknowledgement of Australia's Christian origin as a nation that has developed over the last 2 centuries. Religion should definetly not be imposed on others, and it certainly must be kept secular from the state laws, however, banning the common world gestures during Christmas, Easter, etc, not allowing things like Santa Claus for the children in Australian schools because there are a few Muslim children attending is ridiculous. As a child I don't remember the children (or their parents) of origins such as Macedonian Orthodox, Isrealite Jews, Vietnamese Budhists, Indian Hindus and Sikhs, even Turkish Muslims, etc ever complaining about the Anglican Christmas celebrations in our schools.

Now all of a sudden, it's a problem. Why? I think it demonstrates an erosion of the Australian culture we have all known and grown up with. People should be free to live as they choose, no problem there, I used to work with a few Muslims who would drop everything at certain times in the day and go off to pray, they would be allowed to legitimately take days off during fasting and ramadan, etc, like I said, no problem.

But, ultimately the immigrant must blend into our society as our parents and grandparents did before, and not expect Australia to change for the purpose of catering to a minority at the expense of the majority, particularly in situations as outlined above such as the schools.

If my parents and grandparents could come here and blend into society and become good Australian citizens, and have descendants like me that are still proud of the ethnic origins, why can't they? Polticial correctness has gone absolutely bezerk in some areas, to think that children cannot even say things like 'merry christmas' at schools is beyond comprehension.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dzog View Post
                                I think that quote is simple-minded and offensive.
                                Of course it is. It was an email meant to attract the office worker's attention span for about 3 seconds, they grunt acceptingly ... then delete it.

But I must say the thought of embracing Sharia law in Australia is absurd. A person might be tempted to switch teams based on expected punishment. Ridiculous.

Either way, multiculturalism still needs a fair bit of fine-tuning in Australia.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X