Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orovnichanec
    • Sep 2008

He is probably hinting at a Bilateral Compromise with the Name, Two way street for Greece its (Insert Prefix)+ Macedonia and for the rest of the world its Republic of Macedonia
    "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

This thing will keep going in circles. Time to tell Greece's politicians and racists that negotiations have been exhausted completely. Even if it is a bi-lateral name, which in itself is an issue, the matter comes ultimately comes down to our identity. If we have Upper Macedonia for bi-lateral relations then they should also make a concession and rename their prefectures to Lower Macedonia west, east, etc. Still unacceptable. But will they accept it?

Also, if the Macedonians accept such a name for bi-lateral relations only, will our identity be respected by the Greek state as 'Macedonians' in Macedonia, Greece and elsewhere?

How far do the Greeks want to take this? They are saying change the name of our state, but most of their politicians have avoided saying that we should change our identity. The name of our state comes from our identity, we can only be Macedonians, not Republic Macedonians, not Upper Macedonians, not Northern Macedonians, we are simply Macedonians. That, can never be negotiated.

May all the burdens of Macedonia and the Macedonians, burn in hell.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
        • Sep 2008

Gruevski: Compromise - yes, but not one that would jeopardize national interests

Ohrid /20/02/ 14:13

Macedonia is ready to make a compromise to reach a settlement on the name dispute with Greece, provided it won't jeopardize its national interests and national dignity, Macedonian Prime Minister said at the opening of the 11th International Balkan's Conference "Macedonia on the Way to NATO and European Union," taking place in Ohrid today.

The premier stressed that membership in EU and NATO is Macedonia's top priority and that the country would continue working with dedication to achieve these goals.

"We were disappointed after the Bucharest Summit because we had been expected an invitation for membership in NATO. It didn't happen because the name issue was imposed upon us, nonetheless, we won't allow derailing from the righteous path of completion the reform process and constructive approach in the talks with Greece," Gruevski said.

He added that there is preparedness to make a compromise, but not at any price.

"It would be absurd to give up the European values as well as our identity, just because we want to join EU," Gruevski said.

The aim of the Ohrid Conference is to affirm Macedonian foreign policy in the efforts for integration with EU and NATO. The event is focusing on the following subjects: "The place of Macedonia in SEE, 18 years after declaration of independence"; "The role of the political myths and legends in the Balkans," "Inter-ethnic relations and identities," "Membership of the Republic of Macedonia in NATO" and "EU strategy on Balkan's borders: moving - yes, shifting - no."

The list of participants of the Conference, hosted by the Macedonian Foreign Minister Anotnio Milososki, includes the former presidents of Turkey - Suleiman Demirel, of Romania - Emil Constantinescu and of Macedonia - Kiro Gligorov.
        1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
        2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Gruev is a first class traitor !

The only thing that will die here is the truth.

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

I agree SoM.

Our Constitutional name was never open to negotiation in the first place. These politicians did not have the consent of the Macedonian people to be negotiating the people's name (voted in a referendum in 1991). I know its all a bit too late for this, but it needs to be pointed out. These politicians are traitors, and Gruev is a traitor, and what this politician will do is bury the truth of Greek genocide forever.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Pelister, I don't believe that Gruevski is a traitor, I certainly don't see him in the same way as I do Gorgievski, Buckovski, Frckovski, Crvenkovski and co. Of all the political leaders we have had thus far, Nikola Gruevski is miles ahead of them all.

I believe he is a Macedonian patriot and is sincere in his efforts at preserving our identity, were it anybody else in his position as PM during the last few years the name would have probably already been changed. The fact is, the negotiations have been dragging on for 2 decades and Nikola Gruevski inherited this problem from previous SDS governments, and he has not given up, despite all speculations, allegations, rumours, etc, he has not yielded to Greece, he respects the truth of his Macedonian ancestry and history, and honours its great figures hence promoting Macedonian cultural richness and unity.

If he sells us out, then of course my tune along with many others will change, but he has been under huge pressures on many occasions and has not sold us out, I will support him so long as he supports Macedonia.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

I don't see him the same way as I see the others, either.

The article is also vague, and that bothers me. Its an emotional issue, and a part of me will probably eventually accept a bilateral solution of some kind, as long as the Macedonian people are given an opportunity to have the final say.

But what I want to see is the Macedonian politicians defending our history, and bring to light the policies of Greece to eliminate and exterminate the Macedonian national minority. These abuses should not go unanswered.

Comment

• Bratot
                  • Sep 2008

Shameless statement!
                  The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Venom
                    • Sep 2008

So what is the compromise? What does he have in mind? Name one compromise that could possibly be considered fair?
                    S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Sirma vojvoda
                      • Feb 2009

I don't like the word compromise, we must move away from it slowly. It's time

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

We must move quickly from the word compromise.
                        Macedonians compromised over 10 years ago.
                        Now is the time to demand the same from Greece.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Sirma vojvoda
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          We must move quickly from the word compromise.
                          Macedonians compromised over 10 years ago.
                          Now is the time to demand the same from Greece.
                          Yep you are right, we must stop using that word.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Gruevski meet Sarkozy - Name Change Imiment?

http://www.a1.com.mk/vesti/default.aspx?VestID=108560

Key points:

1. Both want compromise
                            2. Sarkozy says that compromise CANNOT be 'Republic of Macedonia'
                            3. Gruevski is satisfied with Sarkozy's position

...Официјален Париз останува на ставот дека е неопходно да се најде решение за спорот со името, и дека тоа решение не може да биде Република Македонија, му порачал Саркози на македонскиот Премиер. Ова, велат кај Саркози, е ставот на целата ЕУ...

...„Јас сум задоволен од неговите позиции, од неговите кажувања и искажувањето спремност да вложи повеќе напори во разрешување на тој спор и за влез на Македонија во ЕУ и во НАТО“, вели премиерот Груевски...
                            Last edited by Vangelovski; 05-15-2009, 08:00 PM.
                            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

These were my thoughts.
                              Something is very wrong here, France is no friend of Macedonia.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                These were my thoughts.
                                Something is very wrong here, France is no friend of Macedonia.
                                RtG,

I think your missing the point - It seems Gruevski agrees with France!? Maybe we can place him in the same category?
                                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X