X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

It might sound…I don’t even know what word to use…nice…to say the blame exist with all Macedonians but I do not agree.

This situation reminds me of a couple of Croatian guys I new a long time ago bitching and moaning about a free Croatia. Like I said to them then things will only get done by people on the ground. It was only when the Croatians stood up on their own feet did the leave Yugoslavia.

The diaspora can make support but cannot do the changes…it is always the people on the ground who can and hence lies the greatest responsibility. Is the burden inequitable…yes. Is it fair that it is so…no…but that’s how life is.

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Just as a thought. If Macedonia agrees to a name change, will we in the Diaspora hold all Macedonians in Macedonia responsible for this treachery?
      Interesting question.......my thoughts have always been that you are either a part of the problem or a part of the solution.
      Having said that we seem to be a part of a problem not of our making and beyond reasonable ability to be able to instigate a solution.
      Firstly, all Macedonians will be responsible if the name is changed - it is uanacceptable to avoid responsibility for the maintaining of our identity or for allowing it to be changed. The level of responsibility is a variable that should be measured by the capacity of the individual to prevent this happening, for example, I do not hold the disabled responsibile in any way if thay are incapable of taking any action. Therefore it is incumbent upon every capable Macedonian to prevent this happening according to their ability to take action.
      I don't believe we can or will hold every Macedonian responsible in Macedonia for allowing this to happen.
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
        • Jan 2009

The alarm bells should be ringing pretty loud for ALL Macedonians right now no matter where they live. Its a question of are we going to give a fuck and stop our spineless politicians from selling us out, again, or are we going to capitulate and do nothing, again.

Once the name has been changed then it would be extremely hard for Macedonia to get it back, just look at the pathetic state of affairs with our original flag and the ohrid agreement...

If the name change does happen, i will blame all Macedonians, but i would be extremely disappointed if the Macedonians in the republic don’t go out with a fight or express their concern, just like what happened with the flag.

Its funny because it seems like history keeps on repeating itself in Macedonia, lets hope its not the case for our identity.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
          Macedonia's Government Must Cease all Negotiations with Greece. Macedonia - one and only. Macedonian identity, people, language - one and only.
          How about you put that message into a press release, express your total disgust that Macedonian politicians are attempting to sell our name and capitulate to the demands of our enemies.

Do something with conviction for once...instead of showboating on forums.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
            This situation reminds me of a couple of Croatian guys I new a long time ago bitching and moaning about a free Croatia. Like I said to them then things will only get done by people on the ground. It was only when the Croatians stood up on their own feet did the leave Yugoslavia.
            The croats never needed you to lead the way, they've always known what they wanted, they've always pumped shitloads of dollars into supporting their movements but what have you done OM...?

Seems as though everyone is good to offer advice but when you ask them to dig deep into their pockets and to put the money where their mouth is they turn mute...

Comment

• Frank
              Banned
              • Mar 2010

Who do we hold responsible? the Macedonians who are the keepers of our Homeland or us who continue to choose to live outside of the Republic?

Instead of looking to whom or what to be accountable we are all responsible although I doubt nothing more then the locals making change happen.

I can say if the Government do the unthinkable and the Macedonians more importantly are idle to it I will never accept ever returning to Macedonia again unless there is a armed revolution.

Comment

• Volk
                • Sep 2008

This statement was obviously for EU consumption, just like for local consumption they say we will not change the name.

Its funny how so many of you take every statement seriously after 20 years of the same bullshit.
                Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                  This statement was obviously for EU consumption, just like for local consumption they say we will not change the name.

Its funny how so many of you take every statement seriously after 20 years of the same bullshit.
                  Volk
                  That may be true, but have you noticed the terminology has altered, the times lines are closer together between announcement and proposed meeting?
                  On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

I don't think the bullshit has been the same for 20 years. It has been getting stickier and smellier over this time. Nothing to be proud of since independence in my opinion.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

that's right you can't blame everyone.Those that are going on with the negotiations will be responsibleThere's aalways hope so don't give up hope,look at the way greece is falling in a heap as it's defaulting on payments to the eu.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

What would be funny, if it wasn't so sad, is your complete disregard for all the capitulations to date and your focus on the one that has not yet happened regardless of the evidence that it is extremely likely.
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

I understand what you are saying and have previously said similar things.

But this latest announcement has sent shivers down my spine.

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                          Volk
                          That may be true, but have you noticed the terminology has altered, the times lines are closer together between announcement and proposed meeting?
                          Mabe this is my answer why i have shivers.
                          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

regardless of what happens we can still call ourselves macedonian.But those stupid politicians who cave in to pressure will be traitors.
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                              But those stupid politicians who cave in to pressure will be traitors.
                              What about the stupid Macedonians that:
                              • Voted for the ruling coalition.
                              • Voted for the opposition party who clearly has been ready to capitulate from inception.
                              • Didn't vote because they did not want to encourage any politicians.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

shoot them before a firing squad for selling out.
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X