• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A-Lion-The-Kiss
    Banned
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    We'll see, but I don't think Syria could care less about what Greece says. To date, how many states have actually 'reversed' their decision to recognise Macedonia by its official name?
    Only Mexico.
    Greece and Syria have only one serious common interest (it’s exactly between them).

Comment

• Onur
      • Apr 2010

Syria does whatever Turkey asks for few years, especially after we helped them to have an agreement with US by being a mediator between them. Few years ago, Syria`s name was in the agenda of Pentagon but it`s not anymore for some time.

So, i wouldn't be surprised if Turkey asked or at least recommended Syria`s government to recognize Macedonia under her constitutional name.

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

China is also using her influence to persuade countries to recognise Macedonia. Turkeys influence is very much appreciated. Kind of shows you who your real friends are.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
          • Oct 2009

Mexico

Originally posted by A-Lion-The-Kiss View Post
          Only Mexico.
          Greece and Syria have only one serious common interest (it’s exactly between them).

Mexico has not reversed its position, and continues to refer to Macedonia as Republic of Macedonia. UMD confirmed this in February 2009 when we held a meeting with the Mexican Ambassador to the UN.
          For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
          http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
          Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
          Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
          Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            We'll see, but I don't think Syria could care less about what Greece says. To date, how many states have actually 'reversed' their decision to recognise Macedonia by its official name?
            You see the longer the Macedonians themselves make their recognition contingent on 'negotiations' the more that countries will hold recognition on the basis of the outcome of 'negotiations' - this could even mean that some could 'reverse' their decision. The evil forces pushing for a continuation of the negotiations are railroading the Macedonians into a corner. The Macedonians have exposed themselves, and every enemy and mean spirited individual has a chance to stab us while all this goes on.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Panama didnt reverse its decision either.

Onur, Since when have Syria and Greece been such good friends? Egypt should be the next country to recognize Macedonia, i think Turkey has strong ties to Egypt but the Greek Church is there.
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                • Jan 2009

Only Mexico.
                How sure of this are you? Source would be nice. Like the way I showed sources for how Albanian your military was (and probably still is) http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=3841
                Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• A-Lion-The-Kiss
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2010

This is a source (but I don't say I'm sure. I just had read so).

I also found a Greek source where Milososki denies it, so I realize a country may have an unclear position, or try to please both sides.
                  [GREEKNEWSPAPERCLIPWASHERE]
                  Last edited by A-Lion-The-Kiss; 10-20-2010, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• fyrOM
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2010

AltK I cannot read the greek text and I don’t have all my software up and running to convert it. Maybe you can tell us more but the link to the Mexican site says 17 Oct 2008. It may be an old position Mexico had.

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

This is a source (but I don't say I'm sure. I just had read so).

I also found a Greek source where Milososki denies it, so I realize a country may have an unclear position, or try to please both sides.
                      [GREEKNEWSPAPERCLIPWASHERE]
                      Please provide a complete translation into English or Macedonian of the above text. If not it will be removed.
                      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• A-Lion-The-Kiss
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2010

OziMak, Daskalot
                        The picture (from a Greek newspaper) is irrelevant with Mexico and recognition. It's a private joke for TrueMacedonian and his comment in the above post (#14), so you shouldn't bother.
                        Actually, you shouldn't bother about Mexico either. It probably looks like a man whose word means nothing. So, what they said in 2008, or 2009 or last month or last week is not important if it changes all the time.
                        Last edited by A-Lion-The-Kiss; 10-20-2010, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

OziMak, Daskalot
                          The picture (from a Greek newspaper) is irrelevant with Mexico and recognition.
                          Let me correct your sentence.

(from a "so called" Greek newspaper)

do you still dispute it?
                          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

OziMak, Daskalot
                            The picture (from a Greek newspaper) is irrelevant with Mexico and recognition. It's a private joke for TrueMacedonian and his comment in the above post (#14), so you shouldn't bother.
                            Actually, you shouldn't bother about Mexico either. It probably looks like a man whose word means nothing. So, what they said in 2008, or 2009 or last month or last week is not important if it changes all the time.
                            No translation given thus I will promptly remove it.
                            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• fyrOM
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2010

Looks like the greeks are still on about the idea there were ancient Macedonians which some were assimilated by the greeks while others were assimilated by the Slavs and hence we have two types of Macedonians and hence no monopolisation of the name Macedonia should happen.

Basically getting countries to recognise Macedonia ie in effect telling the Greeks we do not believe your version is one way around this point. The historical information gathered goes towards this action.

Another way which I hope for every day is something gets dugg up in the archaeological diggs which clearly shows the greeks are wrong.

According to former GREEK GRADUATE Evangelos Kofos

Greece has no more room for discounts

Greece withdrew as he could. The idea is no monopolization of the Macedonian name. If this is accepted by the other side, I think it will open the way for compromise ", said Evangelos Kofos

Although considered that Macedonia and Greece only through dialogue and talks can resolve the dispute, senior adviser on Balkan history in the Greek Foundation for European and Foreign Policy Evangelos Kofos, however, the question of how to reach a compromise when Greece has red lines, he replied that Athens has no room for failure.
                              "Everyone has red lines that begin sometime back and retreated, until reaching the wall is red. It happened with the Greek position. We started with no northern Macedonia from Greece, that no Macedonians, and not to use word Macedonia. Greece withdrew as he could. The idea is no monopolization of the Macedonian name. If this is accepted by the other side, I think it will open the way for compromise ", said Evangelos Kofos, a former adviser to the Balkans in the Greek Foreign raboti.Toj was teaching at the University of FON on the relations between Macedonia and Greece
                              Kofos repeatedly stressed that both countries are negotiating the name, but the problem is the clash of identities - that of the Greek Macedonians and the Macedonians in this country.
                              However, according Kofos, governments can not be a decision to change their identity, and finds that he needs to find a solution to the world as a distinguished Greek Macedonians and Macedonians in Macedonia.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Look at how despicably dumb these ignorant Greeks are:
                                the problem is the clash of identities - that of the Greek Macedonians and the Macedonians in this country.
                                However, according Kofos, governments can not be a decision to change their identity, and finds that he needs to find a solution to the world as a distinguished Greek Macedonians and Macedonians in Macedonia.
                                We have "Greek Macedonians" trying to force Macedonians to have a composite name. They already have one .... the ignorant tikvi
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X