Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Can anybody provide an update as to how this protest went?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
      • Nov 2009

Well I am not 100% but I dont think it took place since there are no clips on youtube.
      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
        • Nov 2009

Could the protest and the independence celebrations have combined, the large flag with the map and sun of Macedonia was out which was used at the last major protest.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
          Well I am not 100% but I dont think it took place since there are no clips on youtube.
          I hope that isn't the case, otherwise it was a waste of promotional effort on their part, and makes us look like we aren't prepared to follow through on our commitments.
          Could the protest and the independence celebrations have combined, the large flag with the map and sun of Macedonia was out which was used at the last major protest.
          I don't see why they should have been combined. Their purpose with the protest was to raise awareness about our current issues, not to celebrate them. What happened with this:
          На 7 септември на ден пред протестот планираме да го преплавиме цело скопје со пропаганден матерјал од флаери до плакати. Ќе се дели по факултети студентски домови средни школи ширум скопските кафулиња итн, но за таа окупација ќе ни требаат сигурни луѓе, кои кога ќе треба ќе искочат и ќе помогнат.
          Are there any examples one could refer to with regard to the material and flyers they were planning to hand out?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
            • Nov 2009

I havent found anything, maybe Gruevski's speech confused them or softened their momentum.

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

I was in Skopje from the 5th of Sept until 6am 8 September.
              Tuesday evening there was a gathering of about 100 people, late teens to possibly early 20's in age that was standing from a line from Tsar Samuil statue metres away from warrior on a horse, along the perimeter of the fenced off area around the warrior.
              They stood in total silence, there were no banners, flags or pamphlets in their possession, (we were sitting in the same cafe Tues/Wed evening straight in front of the warrior when I incidentally ran into Todor Petrov)...They stood there as what appeared to be military helicopters buzzing over a few times, and then a procession of schoolchildren walking from the new arch (resembles Paris Arch Triumph) past them, once the children walked past them, they followed them in total silence and marched over the stone bridge to the old part of Skopje.
              Wednesday aside from walking over to the markets, we stayed around the main square and there were no flyers or pamphlets that was in my visual range being handed out, then around 6pm, there was a similar event happen, some were carrying empty drink water bottles and holding them above their heads, at that time, one of the singers was practising edno ime imame on the main stage, and they silently walked carrying empty bottles above their heads, over the stone bridge again following the children.
              It was quite bizarre as I was expecting flags, and a large gathering, and someone with a loud speaker, if this was the "silent" protest, then it did not achieve anything. No one gathered, people went about their business and left me quite perplexed as to what they were doing.
              We stayed till midnight at the cafe, and nothing happened. Before our driver picked us up, we walked over for a last glance at the warrior, and there was not a soul in sight.
              I had told hubby about the protest earlier on, and we would have been willing participants in helping hand out flyers to passers by as they requested the assistance for the 7th, it seems nothing happened, unless we missed something
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Thanks for the update Julie, if that was the protest, then disappointing to hear about the lack of activity.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  Thanks for the update Julie, if that was the protest, then disappointing to hear about the lack of activity.
                  You won't get them to protest, they rather go out and celebrate a stupid basketball game with ventilator flags.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                    • Nov 2009

DCH the game is not stupid its the people with the ventilators

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
                      DCH the game is not stupid its the people with the ventilators
                      I wasn't saying that the game is stupid, I was just trying to say that it's more important to them to celebrate a stupid game than going out and protesting for our name.

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
                        I wasn't saying that the game is stupid, I was just trying to say that it's more important to them to celebrate a stupid game than going out and protesting for our name.
                        I don't think the majority that were there give a shit about Basketball. Just like my self (who doesn't give a shit or know much about the game). I think its pride that kicks in and takes over.

Julie mentioned how there was only 100 people at the protest.
                        The problem i see is, people have had it up to their necks with doom and gloom and have no hope or aspiration. They need a good injection or inspiration and pride to rejuvenate them again, so don't bag this gathering to much.
                        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                          I don't think the majority that were there give a shit about Basketball. Just like my self (who doesn't give a shit or know much about the game). I think its pride that kicks in and takes over.

Julie mentioned how there was only 100 people at the protest.
                          The problem i see is, people have had it up to their necks with doom and gloom and have no hope or aspiration. They need a good injection or inspiration and pride to rejuvenate them again, so don't bag this gathering to much.
                          Bill77, I'm not against hope and inspiration, but it needs to be professed in the right context. If all your looking for is good news stories, then read UMD's press releases - everything is a good news story as far as they're concerned.
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
                            ..........it's more important to them to celebrate a stupid game than going out and protesting for our name.
                            The game wasn't stupid - while it is good to see Macedonians in the republic muster up their patriotism over a sporting event, it is sad that they won't exercise that same passion when the sovereignty of Macedonia is called into question.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              The game wasn't stupid - while it is good to see Macedonians in the republic muster up their patriotism over a sporting event, it is sad that they won't exercise that same passion when the sovereignty of Macedonia is called into question.
                              Its cheap patriotism - everyone's a patriot when something 'good' happens and they can celebrate, but when the hard work needs to be done in times of crisis, you hear every excuse in the book as to why nothing can be done.
                              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                                ........everyone's a patriot when something 'good' happens and they can celebrate, but when the hard work needs to be done in times of crisis, you hear every excuse in the book as to why nothing can be done.
                                Can't argue against the above.

Comment

Working...
                                X