X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

I believe it is the latter also.

In the Post-WWII period during the civil war in Greece, American planes flew above the Macedonian villages that fell within Greek 'borders' and bombed the hell out of them with napalm oil. People like Risto the Great can explain in greater detail as his family members had to endure this 'show of force' by Greece's friends. The Macedonians, who had their support pulled due to the Tito-Stalin split, were left to their own devices.

America's so-called friendship with Macedonia is a recent creation, it may look like they have done things on their own initiative, but nothing has come for free. I am proud of Macedonia's soldiers, make not mistake about it, I think they rank among the best in the world, but there is no denying that we are fighting somebody else's war.

Am I against genocide and terrorism? Of course. Macedonia supports America in the world against those elements. Prior to the 21st century, America supported those elements against Macedonia on a number of occasions, indirect or not, had they not did what they did in 1949 and 2001, things may have been a little different for Macedonia.

Friends?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TajnataKniga
      • Dec 2009

wasnt this during a time of the cold-war? didnt the greeks manage to convince the US that these villages were communist?

us policy to macedonia was dictate by greeks during this period.

"In a Circular Airgram (Dec. 26, 1944) US Secretary of State Edward R. Stettinius, Jr., stated:

This government considers talk of Macedonian “nation,” Macedonian “Fatherland,” or Macedonian “national consciousness” to be unjustified demagoguery representing no ethnic nor political reality, and sees in its present revival a possible cloak for aggressive intentions against Greece."

it seems now that macedonians in the US are dictating policy to macedonia.

Comment

• TajnataKniga
        • Dec 2009

64 years later it seems the state department changed their opinion on the ethnic macedonian people and language. positive development?

YouTube - Macedonia US recognizing the Macedonian Nation and Language

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TajnataKniga View Post
          64 years later it seems the state department changed their opinion on the ethnic macedonian people and language. positive development?

YouTube - Macedonia US recognizing the Macedonian Nation and Language
          If you want to know what the US really thinks about Macedonia, just read the Interim Accord and the Framework Agreement which the US consistently supports.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• TajnataKniga
            • Dec 2009

whats australia's position on the interim accord and the framework agreement?

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

whats australia's position on the interim accord and the framework agreement?
              As far as I'm aware, Australia has never stated anything in relation to those two agreements, however, I'm sure if pressed, they would take the standard line in support of them - afterall, the Macedonian Government swears by them, why would any other Government oppose them if Macedonia is stupid enough to sign them? However, signing an agreement does not mean you are bound by it forever.
              Last edited by Vangelovski; 01-06-2010, 07:54 PM.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                • Dec 2009

so then why blame the US if macedonia was stupid enough to sign them?

what is australia's position on the macedonian name, ethnicity, and language?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

I'm not blaming the US for Macedonia signing them, I'm saying that the US is not a friend of Macedonia because it supports the very agreements that diminish Macedonia's sovereignty and reward extremists, in opposition to you saying the US is Macedonia's "best friend".

Australia has no issue with the Macedonian ethnicity and language, though it uses FYROM for the state. Keep in mind, I never claimed Australia was Macedonia's "best friend". In fact, I don't believe Macedonia needs a "best friend".

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                    • Dec 2009

maybe it doesnt but macedonia cant be isolated, we all need friends.

do you have best friends or even any friends? im sure you do, so if a human can have them why cant a country?

i still stand by my opinion that one of macedonia's best friends is the US.

who rewarded extremists? isnt it gruevski who is in coalition with ali ahmeti?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

That coalition is a result of American meddling in Macedonian affairs. Do you think there would have been such obligations prior to America's intervention and assistance to the terrorists in 2001? Of course not.

Australia may be stupidly passive where it concerns the Macedonia-Greece issue, but it didn't send in its forces to assist the terrorists in 2001 against the Macedonian people, nor did it provide an avenue of escape when a Macedonian victory was imminent.

I think some people need to look back at Macedonian-American relations prior to the 21st century, somebody that has bullied me and supported bullies and enemies against me for decades does not automatically become my best friend because they decided to call us by our name a few years ago.

Someone who basically owns NATO yet does nothing but 'talk' when we are prohibited from entering that organisation is no best friend of mine. The US recognition of Macedonia is a token gesture, they have given that to us, but look back and see what they have taken?

1) Macedonian lives during bombing campaigns
                      2) Integrity and pride, where we are now made to feel like second-class citizens in our own country
                      3) Macedonian power diminished at the expense of further ethnic Albanian extremism
                      4) Macedonian soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan
                      5) Territory for their new base in Skopje

I am sure there are other things they have taken also. What have we taken from this best 'friendship'? The god-given right to be identified with our true name? God bless America!!
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                        • Dec 2009

what happened to the europeans? werent they involved in the framework agreement?

was macedonia ever an independent country before 1991?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Duress is a legal term. Check it out.

Australia is confused. It has "Macedonian" as on of its top 10 most used languages, recognises the Macedonian ethnicity and yet cannot bring itself to recognise the Republic of Macedonia.

The AMHRC have done a marvelous job in highlighting the inconsistency and have won significant court cases asserting the Macedonian perspective.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TajnataKniga
                            what happened to the europeans? werent they involved in the framework agreement?
                            There are many vultures to blame, but I thought this thread was specifically in relation to the anti-American sentiment that emanates from Australia, including Australia's Macedonian community.
                            Originally posted by Risto the Great
                            The AMHRC have done a marvelous job in highlighting the inconsistency and have won significant court cases asserting the Macedonian perspective.
                            Indeed they have, that there is a dedicated group of Macedonians who fight for our rights with dignity.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

maybe it doesnt but macedonia cant be isolated, we all need friends.

do you have best friends or even any friends? im sure you do, so if a human can have them why cant a country?

i still stand by my opinion that one of macedonia's best friends is the US.

who rewarded extremists? isnt it gruevski who is in coalition with ali ahmeti?
                              Why do people automatically jump to "isolation"? Isolation from what?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Trade with everyone and alliances with noone, I like the notion.

Comment

Working...
                                X