Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

The Lion will roar is seeing him tonight (Gruevski) i think, so he might have a few things to tell.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Bij
      • Oct 2009

Kev is right there! Neither look too impressed

Comment

• Rogi
        • Sep 2008

Bill77, Forget Peter Bachelor et al. More people need to understand Labor's factional system. PM Kevin Rudd is back from the ASEAN Summit in Thailand and met with Gruevski today.

Gruevski also has a few other engagements today including interviews with diplomatic editors from some of Australia's mainstream papers, etc.

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bij View Post
          Kev is right there! Neither look too impressed

Kevin has sold himself to the Greeks.

I think that after Gareth Evans, this latest debacle has to go down in Macedonian-Australian relations as another low point.

A Prime Minister apologizing to the natives, but bowing to Greek pressure not to recognize the Macedonians right to self determination.

Shame on Kevin Rudd and Australia.

Comment

• Bij
            • Oct 2009

Pelister, do you forget that Kevin Rudd is a politician? What does he get out of recognising the Macedonian cause? Nisto.

We need to do more than be armchair critics. it's easy to hope someone else will change our destiny but the Australian Macedonians need to organise themselves better firstly and take action second.

Comment

• VMRO
              • Sep 2008

A bre detsa, during the Christian turk protest in late 2007, before the Australian eletions, Kevin Rudd sent his right hand man Lindsay Tanner to say a speech (in greek mind you) on behalf of Kevin Rudd, stating his position and that he sides with the Christian Turks on the issue.

-----Original Message-----
              Sent: Monday, 19 November 2007 5:41 PM
              To: Tanner, Lindsay (MP)
              Subject: Macedonia for the Macedonians

To the (Dis)honorable Lindsay Tanner

I’m appalled and outraged at your public backing regarding the constitutional name of the Republic of Macedonia. Mr Tanner your presence at the Greek rally against Macedonia has only divided the two communities even further apart. In the near future when there is an incident between the two nationalities, I personally will make sure that i mention your name as the main reason why there are new found tensions amongst the two communities which has contributed more bad blood between the two communities. Thanks to you Mr Tanner for opening old wounds again, when there are incidents between Macedonians and Greeks the politicians are quick to preach that people should leave their troubles in the country from where they came from, but its ok when Politicians need to use foreign disputes for their own personal advantage to expand their political careers.

You Mr Lindsay Tanner are an MP for labor in Melbourne, and should be representing all citizens in your electorate, however you have chosen the personal gain path and used the Greek community for your own personal ambitions which in this case would be easy votes due to the size of the Greek community in Australia and an upcoming election which is in a weeks time.

I couldn’t help but overhear that you also mentioned Kevin Rudd at the end of your speech on Saturday at the Greek rally against Macedonia 17/11/07, for this reason many Macedonians will be voting for the Greens come election day.

Macedonians have been loyal Labor voters for many years, however the Labor party has shot itself in the foot and has discouraged the Macedonian’s from ever voting for Labor in the near future.

Kind regards,

Kire Makedonski (VMRO)

RE: Macedonia for the Macedonians‏
              Sent: Wednesday, 21 November 2007 12:27:09 AM
              To: Kire Makedonski ([email protected])

Dear Mr Makedonski

Thanks fro your email. I need to correct one factual error in your letter. I didn’t “mention” Kevin Rudd at the end of my speech. My entire speech consisted of reading out a letter from Kevin Rudd, in English and then Greek.

Yours sincerely
              Lindsay Tanner
              Shadow Minister for Finance
              Federal Member for Melbourne

Watch Lindsay on YouTube YouTube - Tribute to Tony Blair
              Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• VMRO
                • Sep 2008

Has the Australian govt backed up their mates

The Australian Foreign Affair minister Mr. Stephen Smith has reassured the Greek Australian community that the government’s position concerning the naming of Macedonia remains unchanged. The reassu…

Comment

• VMRO
                  • Sep 2008

the heading should have read "backed up their mates"

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

These politicians are pathetic, and Kevin Rudd has been a huge disappointment for the thousands of decent and hard-working Macedonians in Australia, particularly those that voted for the Labour party. All of the 'reasons' for their actions are nothing but weak and useless excuses, the Australian government openly supports the racist element among the Greeks in Australia against the Macedonians in Australia.

The U.S, China and Russia can recognise the Macedonian state by its constitutional name, yet Australia, refuses to show the same courtesy and respect on account of some racist Greeks in a Kebab shop.

We should all be clear about this; Australia does not offer the same support to its Macedonian minority as it does with other minorities. The Macedonian government should deal with all countries that disrespect us in the same manner, by creating fictional names for them in all official dealings, Australia can be the 'Former British Colony of Convicts', Greece can be the 'Former Macedonian slave-states of Hellas', France can be the 'Former Celtic Province of Germans (Latin-Africanos)', and so forth with the stupidity. Or, these racist governments can demonstrate some normality and call us by our national name, as we do with them.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Whatever happend to human rights & self determination .How about the constitutional name.Haven't the people of Macedonia suffered enough over the centuries now this that greece can be allowed to get away with it.What justification has the australian govt to do it should be neutral but it sides with the greeks.Does the Australian govt know their history of what the greeks done to the macedonian people??
                      It's a slap in the face for the macedonian people.Perhaps we Macedonians should ralley for the aboriginal people when they demand human rights from the Australian GOvt.Also is there somewhere we can take the government to for discriminating ie anti discrimination.We should write letters & tell Rudd what a stupid Asshole he is for siding with the greeks.
                      Last edited by George S.; 10-26-2009, 03:42 AM. Reason: edit
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

Kevin Rudd looks more like jetlagged than impressed he wouldn't give a fuck about the plight of the macedonians.You should save your spit for Rudd & then any left over for Bachelour.Look Kevin 007 Rudd is only interested if it'll give him political milage.What will the Macedonians give him Nothing.We should all
                        send him letters of disgust to show him we mean business.We are all pissed off bigtime.Last time i voted Labour i will change my vote to the party that recognizes us as Macedonians.
                        Last edited by George S.; 10-26-2009, 03:56 AM. Reason: edit
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bij
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          Kevin Rudd looks more like jetlagged than impressed he wouldn't give a fuck about the plight of the macedonians.You should save your spit for Rudd & then any left over for Bachelour.Look Kevin 007 Rudd is only interested if it'll give him political milage.What will the Macedonians give him Nothing.We should all
                          send him letters of disgust to show him we mean business.We are all pissed off bigtime.Last time i voted Labour i will change my vote to the party that recognizes us as Macedonians.
                          which party is that? because i know of none!

Bij for PM 2011

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bij View Post
                            which party is that? because i know of none!

Bij for PM 2011
                            The Greens. Senator Brown spoke up pryor to the last election.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007
                            Australia's Green Party supports Macedonia

The Australian Green party, which is the third strongest political force in the continent, thinks that the Macedonians should determine their own name by themselves, while the others should respect and use that name.

Here is the whole article. http://say-macedonia.blogspot.com/20...-supports.html

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

like i said in a past post. We must thank him and encourage him to continue with his suport. We also must spread the news to every single macedonian around australia.

also could someone please post the best way to send a letter to Rudd and we all must get involved.

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

As i replied on another thread i will post here as well.

We need to jump on the Greens band wagon (Senator Bob Brown) who is the third largest political party for he is the only one that has balls to stand up for justice.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007
                                Australia's Green Party supports Macedonia

The Australian Green party, which is the third strongest political force in the continent, thinks that the Macedonians should determine their own name by themselves, while the others should respect and use that name.
                                Here is the whole artical.

The Australian Green party, which is the third strongest political force in the continent, thinks that the Macedonians should determine the...

And someone needs to suply the best avenue to rudd where we can bombard him with letters. No good just talking about it amonst ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X