Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

I find myself, on this rare occasion, agreeing with you - where it concerns Mitrev.

These various groups that send parcels to Macedonia, are they all making a 'buck' from this? Or are there genuinely non-profit organisations that are doing this for the betterment of Macedonia, and not for their pockets?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
      • Jan 2009

Well myself and many others have paid $120 per box..it has be going thru Praga travel (Sydney).. they said it cost $12000 per container to send all the parcels to Macedonia...
      Now weather it's done privately or it's a scam...but they did mention it's part of Humanitarian Aid Fund for Macedonia…
      So my question is how much is the Government assisting and how much is the Macedonian community contributing..?
      I believe many have stop sending donations too Macedonia as they here many times the money doesn't go to where it should but to the back pockets of some..Many Macedonians have lost faith in their own community...
      Now if people gain faith and actually see it going to the needy.. I sure many will donate and contribute to Macedonia...
      The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

A meating coming up regarding the Australian Gov recognizing Macedonia. If anyone else knows more about it, please let us know. The info i have so far is,

DATE: 27 February Saturday starts at 09:30 am

VENUE: Sheldon Reception Melbourne victoria

once i get confirmation i will post it.
        Last edited by Bill77; 02-01-2010, 02:00 AM.
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Blagojche, How can you be so sure about this??

I wont believe it till i see it, we can have as many meetings as we like however its the Australian FM that has to make the decision.
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
            Blagojche, How can you be so sure about this??

I wont believe it till i see it, we can have as many meetings as we like however its the Australian FM that has to make the decision.
            sure about what Prolet? and what do we do sit back and be quiet?

Comment

• Rogi
              • Sep 2008

Bill77, can you double check the information you posted? I don't know of any event on that particular date.

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                Bill77, can you double check the information you posted? I don't know of any event on that particular date.
                No probs Rogi. I have heard something hapening third hand. I am not sure what, which is why i was asking here my self. I will hold off till i get something definet soon. The source told me MCWA have something to do with it. But i cant see how the Macedonian Community Welfare Association would get involved with the Aus Gov re Macedonia Name recognition.

I think i posted prematurely. Ha..... the story of my life
                Last edited by Bill77; 02-01-2010, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

I know exactly what he is talking about Rogi

Blagojche, You didnt state anything wrong you might have mixed up on a few things, there is going to be an open talk discussion with invited guests and it will be hosted at Sheldon Reception, i was told its gonna be at the end of February.

Im sure the name recognition will be on the agenda which is always something to discuss.
                  МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                    I know exactly what he is talking about Rogi

Blagojche, You didnt state anything wrong you might have mixed up on a few things, there is going to be an open talk discussion with invited guests and it will be hosted at Sheldon Reception, i was told its gonna be at the end of February.

Im sure the name recognition will be on the agenda which is always something to discuss.
                    Thanks Prolet.

Comment

• AMHRC
                      De-registered
                      • Sep 2009

Diffrent Gatherings

The meeting on the 27th. of February is a sort of open discussion day about Macedonian matters in general that has been organised by the Victorian Sovet - it does not have any special focus.

On the issue of Australia's recognition of Macedonia and other issues specifically tied to the treatment of the Macedonian community in Australia, by Australia's politicians - an all day national political conference has been organised by the AMHRC. It is going to be held in March and will be for delegates of major Macedonian organisations only. Represenatives from all over Australia will be attending.

Cheers,

AMHRC.
                      Last edited by AMHRC; 02-01-2010, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

Spolaj Ti AMHRC,

Can you explain to us how this very important issue is going to be tackled? You have to keep in mind that the Greek Side will be doing their bit in order for us to stay unrecognized and you can best be sure that they will use dirty tricks too.

Comment

• AMHRC
                          De-registered
                          • Sep 2009

Prolet,

Thanks for your question; however, I will not answer it in detail. The fact is, it would be very counter productive to say the least, if we began revealing plans on a public forum. What we can say, is that on the day of the conference, we are going to try to put some reliable political advocacy structures in place, within the Australian Macedonian community. If we succeed in implementing these, then a long term strategy using a variety of tactics will be employed.

We understand that you might have desired to know a little more than this, however upon reflection, we think that you will agree that it would be highly inappropriate to say more on a public forum.

Regards,

AMHRC.
                          Last edited by AMHRC; 02-01-2010, 07:10 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• blackcactus
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by AMHRC View Post
                            The meeting on the 27th. of February is a sort of open discussion day about Macedonian matters in general that has been organised by the Victorian Sovet - it does not have any special focus.

On the issue of Australia's recognition of Macedonia and other issues specifically tied to the treatment of the Macedonian community in Australia, by Australia's politicians - an all day national political conference has been organised by the AMHRC. It is going to be held in March and will be for delegates of major Macedonian organisations only. Represenatives from all over Australia will be attending.

Cheers,

AMHRC.
                            Suggestion

We should get a prominent politician to talk about this to the media. The government needs to be embarrassed into explaining their position to the public

One set of politicians that have already given their support (The Greens), could effectively bring this up for open and loud discussion with the media and government

The Greens need to be approached

Many Australians will find it surprising that our government has been turning a blind eye all this time, questions will be asked, the issue should then be out in the public arena where it belongs

One thing, an extremely well spoken and qualified representative must be nominated as spokesperson for the Macedonian community if the media pursues this issue looking for answers, it really becomes a marketing exercise once the media comes on board. Our approach must be coordinated, everyone must know what is to happen

Being prepared is crucial so the opportunity to clarify our issue is not lost

Prepare a water tight argument based on facts, but even more importantly for the message is to appeal to Australian sentiment/emotion
                            Last edited by blackcactus; 02-01-2010, 07:39 AM.
                            The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

Keep in mind this is the election year. I don't think that any Gov would want to take sides. But then again, is it a good opertunity to create waves?

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

AMHRC, Spolaj Ti

I totally agree, i dont expect you to be spilling the game plan on a public forum i simply wanted to know the outline of it and the basic details.

Lets not forget that the WA Government has recognized our name, he should use their example to the other states.

Comment

Working...
                                X