• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • afterhours
    Banned
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Sovius View Post
    Wait a minute! Are you saying that a bunch of brainwashed Slavs and Albanians forced the ancient Macedonians to drink castor oil for speaking in the Macedonian language in public after the annexation of Aegean Macedonia? This doesn't make any sense to me, but, as you've failed to adequately define the terms that you're using, I am only left with my own definition of what Hellenized means. Perhaps, you'd like to start explaining what some of these terms mean so that this thread can move beyond simplistic avoidance tactics.
    Avoidance tactics? I was referring to a process of Hellinization that occured in antiquity.

What are you in still in grade school?
    Why do you ask?

If you want an opinion on these museums whose governments have a financial stake in the continued mistreatment of the ancient Macedonians as being descendents of the modern populations that presently inhabit the Republic of Hellas, then you should first show some consideration and adequately answer some of these previous questions so that everyone has a common point of reference to engage in a meaningful multilogue.
    What previous questions have I not answered? BE specific, and I will gladly answer them!

Comment

• afterhours
      Banned
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
      Sovius i fully agree with you there needs to be a common starting point i think that after hours needs to admit certain things.
      Like?

All i'm seeing is alexander the great was( greek )simply because it was found in the northern greece.
      Correction! All I'm posting are links to highly esteemed museums and their authoratative knowledge on the ancient Maks. Whether they portray Alexander as a Greek or not is their bussiness...who am I to argue with the Louvre or the Hermitage! As I've already mentioned, I'm an art history major, and I utilize these fine institutions in my research and overall studies.

He needs to wxplain what helenized means ie if people talk greek they become greek regardless of origins or what.
      Look it up!

Or is it helenisation out to destroy the other persons identity??.Also Greece says that there are no minorities in greece well there are & denying it will not help the issue.So after hours you need a dose of castor oil to stimulate your brain cells to start admitting to the real interst in the museums.Presumably to peddle some more propaganda.
      I'm still perplexed as to why so many of you look at these museums as propaganda! Is the Greek government behind this so called "propaganda"?

May i remind AFter Hours that the name of this thread is Archaelology of the Ancient world.Yes it's pertinent to discuss how greece is manipulating archaelogical evidence to suit its agenda.
      More Greek conspiracies?

Please indulge me! How does Greece manipulate archaelogical eveidence in Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel, Egypt, Macedonia, etc?

Looking forward to your reply

So After Hours if you talk about Museums i do hope it's on archaelogy of the ancient world.
      Am I not talking about museums? Am I not providing links to archaeological artifacts from the ancient world? Are you a bit confused perhaps?

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Yes you are confused you better take another dose of tha castor oil bro.We are simplyasking you to keep to the set topic & offer plausible explanations that's all.We don't want a waoffle on museuems for the sake of some fucking museum.Ok.The thread says archaelogy of the ancient world..don't Woffle around or it's castor oil for you again.You offer explanations without a plausible fucking reason.
        Last edited by George S.; 11-01-2009, 04:42 PM. Reason: ed
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Sovius
          • Apr 2009

"Avoidance tactics? I was referring to a process of Hellinization that occured in antiquity."

OK Trollipides,

Defline Hellenization and provide an example of this process using an accurate English language translation of a primary source historical document.

"Why do you ask?"

Ah, a Socratic response! Post-Hemlockian Period, if I'm not mistaken.

"What previous questions have I not answered? BE specific, and I will gladly answer them!"

You can't be serious, can you?

Comment

• afterhours
            Banned
            • Sep 2009

Keeping with the theme of this thread:

The Getty,
            Los Angeles

Keeping http://www.getty.edu/art/gettyguide/...ls?artobj=8239

Depicted as a mature bearded man, the god Serapis is similar in appearance to Graeco-Roman gods like Zeus or Jupiter, with whom he shares the role of king of the gods. The stylized modius or grain measure on his head emphasizes his role as a fertility deity. The Greek god Hades also wore this symbol, linking Serapis with the role of god of the Underworld.

Serapis was a creation of the Ptolemies, the Greek rulers of Egypt from 323 to 30 B.C. They needed a deity to help unify the mixed population of native Egyptians and Greek colonists. Serapis blended aspects of major Greek and Egyptian gods, making him acceptable to everyone. For Egyptians, he was the god Osiris under another name. Most importantly for the Greeks, the new god had human form. The Greeks as well as the Romans found the Egyptian worship of deities in animal form disturbing. When Octavian, the future Roman emperor Augustus, visited Egypt, he curtly refused to pay his respects to the bull-god Apis, from whom Serapis also derived, saying that he was "accustomed to worship gods, not cattle."

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

After Hours are you for real man just answer the questions & keep to the thread man it's that simple.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Sovius
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by afterhours View Post
                Keeping with the theme of this thread:

The Getty,
                Los Angeles

Keeping http://www.getty.edu/art/gettyguide/...ls?artobj=8239

Depicted as a mature bearded man, the god Serapis is similar in appearance to Graeco-Roman gods like Zeus or Jupiter, with whom he shares the role of king of the gods. The stylized modius or grain measure on his head emphasizes his role as a fertility deity. The Greek god Hades also wore this symbol, linking Serapis with the role of god of the Underworld.

Serapis was a creation of the Ptolemies, the Greek rulers of Egypt from 323 to 30 B.C. They needed a deity to help unify the mixed population of native Egyptians and Greek colonists. Serapis blended aspects of major Greek and Egyptian gods, making him acceptable to everyone. For Egyptians, he was the god Osiris under another name. Most importantly for the Greeks, the new god had human form. The Greeks as well as the Romans found the Egyptian worship of deities in animal form disturbing. When Octavian, the future Roman emperor Augustus, visited Egypt, he curtly refused to pay his respects to the bull-god Apis, from whom Serapis also derived, saying that he was "accustomed to worship gods, not cattle."

OK T. Now we're making progress:

This text represents an excellent example of the academic component of The Drive East, which can be specifically tied to the Macedonian Ethnocide. I'm confident that the author was and remains unaware that his or her text contradicts the actual historical records from the period in question. It's simply based on secondary sources which utilized revised semantic frameworks to produce such artificial constructs as "Greek Gods" (Ancient Period Mediterranean Dieties) and "Greek rulers" (Macedonian rulers). Revised history produces revised archeological analysis.

What's next?

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

After Hours just loves listening to him self i think. To me sounds like he has doughts and needs to go on with bullshit so that he can convince him self more than anyone else. He is asked a question and when he is in trouble, he elects to do this

Ahhh After Hours, the Great Magician look into this hand. Then presto.... out it comes out of his ass. This trick is getting boring man.

By the way who said this?

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”.

HA HA enyone?

if you Guessed Adolf Hitler, you are corect.
                  http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• afterhours
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2009

Yes you are confused you better take another dose of tha castor oil bro.
                    And why am I confused George?

We are simplyasking you to keep to the set topic & offer plausible explanations that's all.
                    Have I been doing anything to the contrary?

The title of this thread is "Archaeology of the Ancient World". I am providing archaeological artifacts of the ancient world, specifically from the region of ancient Macedonia...how am I being off topic?

Also, you are insinuating that I do not offer plausible explanations. All I have demonstrated thus far in this thread, all that I have tried to achieve, is to post, at least what I and the majority of the world perceives to be, something both tangible and plausible. If you find any lack of explanation in my posts, then by all means, point them out and bring them to my attention.

We don't want a waoffle on museuems for the sake of some fucking museum.Ok.The thread says archaelogy of the ancient world..don't Woffle around or it's castor oil for you again.You offer explanations without a plausible fucking reason.

"Waoffle"??? Sorry George, but I'm not following. For the sake of some museum? In other words (by your logic), the most revered museums on the planet are "some fucking museum" according to you and several of your compatriots?

Ok George, for argument's sake, let's say that I adhere to your unique brand of history, ie, a revisionist history that is promoted in Macedonia through a persistent campaign of antiquisation, is that the version of history that I should take as gospel truth? Would that make the universal version of history that you find in the museums that I've already mentioned inaccurate? Shall I now subscribe to the MANU version of history?

Just curious!

Comment

• afterhours
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2009

OK Trollipides,

Defline Hellenization and provide an example of this process using an accurate English language translation of a primary source historical document.
                      Off hand, I don't think that I can provide you with a primary source of Hellinazation process. If I find something, then I'll post you a primary source. Nonetheless, the concept of Hellinization did exist, and several foreign populations were thoroughly Hellenized; Thracians, Illyrians, Anatolians, Egyptians, Romans, Hebrews, Persians, etc.

Ah, a Socratic response! Post-Hemlockian Period, if I'm not mistaken.
                      How did you know? You're extremely perceptive!

You can't be serious, can you?
                      100% serious. What would make you think that I'm not?

Comment

• afterhours
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2009

After Hours are you for real man just answer the questions & keep to the thread man it's that simple.
                        Last time I checked I was real, made of flesh and blood. We can discuss metaphysics, string theory, and alternate realities if you'd like.

Btw, how have I not kept to this thread? Are you sure that it's me that hasn't been keeping to this thread? I have yet to find a single poster here that has actually made a single serious comment in regards to the links that I've posted. So please tell me how I'm not keeping to this thread.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

Don't feel bad just keep it flowing if you got something to say show us some inscriptions.pictures of statues.We are not as bad as you make us to be.Share your stuff
                          with us were all ears.Provided it's not derogatory!we would welcome
                          open informed dialogue.Just asking why are you called after hours???
                          isn't it a little odd?sorry to ask.
                          Last edited by George S.; 11-01-2009, 10:07 PM. Reason: edit
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• afterhours
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2009

OK T. Now we're making progress:

This text represents an excellent example of the academic component of The Drive East, which can be specifically tied to the Macedonian Ethnocide.
                            What Macedonian ethnocide are you referring to?

And what do you mean by "The Drive East"?

I'm confident that the author was and remains unaware that his or her text contradicts the actual historical records from the period in question.
                            So according to you, the historians, linguists, and archaeologists that work for the Getty museum are somehow unaware that they subconsciously contradict "actual" historical records? Can you be more specific?

It's simply based on secondary sources which utilized revised semantic frameworks to produce such artificial constructs as "Greek Gods" (Ancient Period Mediterranean Dieties) and "Greek rulers" (Macedonian rulers). Revised history produces revised archeological analysis.

What's next?
                            Is that your expert analysis?

In other words, the museums that I've used as references in this thread are a product of this revised history? Fascinating!

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

Last time I checked I was real, made of flesh and blood. We can discuss metaphysics, string theory, and alternate realities if you'd like.

Btw, how have I not kept to this thread? Are you sure that it's me that hasn't been keeping to this thread? I have yet to find a single poster here that has actually made a single serious comment in regards to the links that I've posted. So please tell me how I'm not keeping to this thread.
                              To start with, you can keep your sarcasm or condescending remarks out the door. Don't whaist my time proving were you have done this, look back at your own posts, But to start with check the first line above that is your quote.

Many Posts were you claim (which is fake) "poor me why do you want to Ban me" are iritating and not keeping with this subject or thread. just post and get to the point.

I want to ask you on your thoughts re: The Nation And Its Ruins by Yannis Hamilakis.

Last edited by Bill77; 11-01-2009, 11:42 PM.
                              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Sovius
                                • Apr 2009

Off hand, I don't think that I can provide you with a primary source of Hellinazation process. If I find something, then I'll post you a primary source. Nonetheless, the concept of Hellinization did exist, and several foreign populations were thoroughly Hellenized; Thracians, Illyrians, Anatolians, Egyptians, Romans, Hebrews, Persians, etc.

How did you know? You're extremely perceptive!

100% serious. What would make you think that I'm not?
                                "Off hand, I don't think that I can provide you with a primary source of Hellinazation process. If I find something, then I'll post you a primary source. Nonetheless, the concept of Hellinization did exist, and several foreign populations were thoroughly Hellenized; Thracians, Illyrians, Anatolians, Egyptians, Romans, Hebrews, Persians, etc."

I believe Adolf Hitler already addressed this, but it should be pointed out that this is simply a set of Pseudo-Rationalistic statements. Appearances can be deceiving and misconceptions eventually give way to grounded thought. You're making this too easy.

"How did you know? You're extremely perceptive!"

That went right over your head, didn't it?

"100% serious. What would make you think that I'm not?"

Your inability to think independently.

Comment

Working...
                                X