X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louis
    replied
    Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
    Exactly. Although the land is rightfully ours, the current economic and stability of Macedonia puts the nation in no position to regain such territories.
    Which land is rightfully yours? And who are "you" exactly?

Leave a comment:

• Momce Makedonce
    replied
    There are a lot more Greeks in Melbourne, so the chance of meeting one that is against Macedonians is far greater. But yeh you're right, there are idiots in every ethnic group, including ours.
    Are there more Macedonians in Melbourne also?

Leave a comment:

• EgejskaMakedonia
    replied
    Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
    Education is one of the most important things in life is what my family tells me. A lot of the youth these days dont care much for education which is wrong.

Being completely honest of all the Greeks I have met in my life here in Sydney only one has ever said something negative for being Macedonian. But as you say a lot of the time they are great people and 95% that I have met dont care much about the politics involved between the two nations. I suppose their are good and bad in every nationality, I mean it can be seen in some of our own people.
    There are a lot more Greeks in Melbourne, so the chance of meeting one that is against Macedonians is far greater. But yeh you're right, there are idiots in every ethnic group, including ours.

Leave a comment:

• Momce Makedonce
    replied
    Exactly. Although the land is rightfully ours, the current economic and stability of Macedonia puts the nation in no position to regain such territories. I highly doubt it would be able to support these areas financially either in its' current state.

A referendum by the people in the occupied territories would seem the most likely way for Macedonia to be re-united. But even that is extremely far-fetched. As I said earlier, the Greeks and Bulgarians assimilated many Macedonians and have brought in people from other areas to extinguish the previously large Macedonian presence. A war is probably completely out of the question. Our army is no match for these countries.

There's another thread discussing the potential for Macedonians in Egej to distance themselves from Greece and seek autonomy due to the economic meltdown in Greece. But even that isn't going to happen.

Yeh, that stuff is fine but not at the expense of forgetting who you are. No offence intended to anyone, but education doesn't seem to be very important to many younger South-Eastern Europeans in Australia. A lot of them can be categorised into the typical new generation 'wogs' or 'muzzas.' stereotypes.

In regards to your last question, I'd say that I dislike what the countries have done to the Macedonian people, but I wouldn't say I hate all Greeks, Bulgarians and Serbians. Politics aside, many are great people. Some do not care for politics, but almost all of them will have a hidden or underlying agenda somewhere within the family. If they are nice people then great, I see no reason to hate the individual. Most of my contempt is saved for the authorities, military and some organisations/people within and representing those countries.
    Education is one of the most important things in life is what my family tells me. A lot of the youth these days dont care much for education which is wrong.

Being completely honest of all the Greeks I have met in my life here in Sydney only one has ever said something negative for being Macedonian. But as you say a lot of the time they are great people and 95% that I have met dont care much about the politics involved between the two nations. I suppose their are good and bad in every nationality, I mean it can be seen in some of our own people.

Leave a comment:

• EgejskaMakedonia
    replied
    Originally posted by George S. View Post
    A good post em.one thing i learned to not say in life is never.Look at what is happening to greece & other countries they are being bought to their knees.Look at the greek nazi party they think they can take over instantbull or turkey itself.They beleive ib fanciful ideas .Well so can we we only need when not if so don't give up hope.We just need to be more positive & fight much stronger than our enemies.Just like in alexander's time we need to fight bravely.I'm not advocating war here but opportunities will arise when they are least suspected.
    That's a great attitude to have, but people also need to be realistic. Perhaps if there was a world war, opportunities would arise through forming pacts with other nations. But nobody wants another world war, the consequences would be beyond repair. I'm not saying it will never happen, I just think that in our lifetime at least, we should concentrate on maintaining the current borders of the Republic and continue advocating for the rights of the Macedonian people in the occupied territories. It's all a stepping-stone process.

Leave a comment:

• EgejskaMakedonia
    replied
    You talk sense Egejska Makedonia. Like you say we can dream for a United Macedonia as much as we want but we have to be realistic and acknowledge the fact that if Macedonians are struggling to defend Vardar Macedonia against the Albanians it is very unlikely we can lead an attack to get our land back.
    Exactly. Although the land is rightfully ours, the current economic and stability of Macedonia puts the nation in no position to regain such territories. I highly doubt it would be able to support these areas financially either in its' current state.

Would getting out land back require a war?? Or a referendum or something like that? (Not that a vote will be fair knowing how Greeks are).
    A referendum by the people in the occupied territories would seem the most likely way for Macedonia to be re-united. But even that is extremely far-fetched. As I said earlier, the Greeks and Bulgarians assimilated many Macedonians and have brought in people from other areas to extinguish the previously large Macedonian presence. A war is probably completely out of the question. Our army is no match for these countries.

There's another thread discussing the potential for Macedonians in Egej to distance themselves from Greece and seek autonomy due to the economic meltdown in Greece. But even that isn't going to happen.

In regard to the younger generationof Macedonian kids you are also very right. It seems these days they are all just interested in going to Under 18 discos and having SWAG or something stupid like that. I mean this stuff is not that bad but you cant just forget where you come from.

If you were in a situation where a person would ask you do you hate Greeks,Bulgars, Serbs e.t.c. What would be your answer?
    Yeh, that stuff is fine but not at the expense of forgetting who you are. No offence intended to anyone, but education doesn't seem to be very important to many younger South-Eastern Europeans in Australia. A lot of them can be categorised into the typical new generation 'wogs' or 'muzzas.' stereotypes.

In regards to your last question, I'd say that I dislike what the countries have done to the Macedonian people, but I wouldn't say I hate all Greeks, Bulgarians and Serbians. Politics aside, many are great people. Some do not care for politics, but almost all of them will have a hidden or underlying agenda somewhere within the family. If they are nice people then great, I see no reason to hate the individual. Most of my contempt is saved for the authorities, military and some organisations/people within and representing those countries.

Leave a comment:

• George S.
    replied
    A good post em.one thing i learned to not say in life is never.Look at what is happening to greece & other countries they are being bought to their knees.Look at the greek nazi party they think they can take over instantbull or turkey itself.They beleive ib fanciful ideas .Well so can we we only need when not if so don't give up hope.We just need to be more positive & fight much stronger than our enemies.Just like in alexander's time we need to fight bravely.I'm not advocating war here but opportunities will arise when they are least suspected.

Leave a comment:

• Momce Makedonce
    replied
    Nope, at least not in the foreseeable future. As much as we all want to believe that Macedonia will be united in 2013, 100 years after the treaty of Bucharest was devised, this is somewhat false hope. We should definitely still acknowledge the passing of 100 years with some official event. There have been numerous occasions within the last 100 years that have presented realistic opportunities for Macedonia to regain its' lost territories. Unfortunately in every case, it did not work in our favour. Perhaps the most notable one was during the Greek civil war. The Tito-Stalin split left our people in Egej with no support, and the Macedonians were subsequently severely punished and mistreated by the prevailing Greek authorities.

Macedonians had their chances, but today the Macedonian population in Pirin and Egej pales in comparison to that of 50-100 years ago. This is a direct result of the assimilation policy adopted by both Greece and Bulgaria, as well as an influx of foreign people, for example the prosfygi (Christian Turks) in Egej. We will never forget that these regions of Macedonia were divided against the will of the people, nor will we forgive those involved. But for now we should be promoting the rights of Macedonians in these regions, as opposed to forming plans to take back the lost land. Preserving the Macedonian language and identity in these regions is crucial and should be a priority in terms of policy directed at the occupied regions.

Nobody knows what the future holds and it may be possible one day, but it is highly unlikely to occur in our lifetime. Macedonia has enough trouble maintaining its' current borders from the Albanian minority. Our main focus must be on preventing additional land being lost.

That's a great question, and I've often wondered the same. A lot of Macedonians in the younger generation have been assimilated into the Australian identity. The most they do is probably call their grandparents Dedo and Baba. I'm proud of being born in Australia, but it is a grave mistake to forget where you come from. I've particularly noticed that many act really patriotic when convenient, but have absolutely no knowledge of their history or culture. Despite the atrocities Serbia has committed against Macedonia, you don't have to dislike every Serb. I have a very strong dislike for the Greek government, military and a lot of Greeks in general, but I also have a lot of Greek friends who are great when politics are put aside. There's a time and place for everything, and in some situations it's better to 'leave the politics in the motherland.' But there is nothing more powerful than knowledge, and through the truth we have discovered what sly people some of our neighbours are (Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia, etc). I guess the 'cool' thing is for some Macedonians to get close with the Serbian culture. It's a real shame that younger Macedonians in Australia don't take much interest in their background, but I'm sure there are still quite a few out there who do.

This isn't isolated to Australia, but is even prevalent in RoM. When an Albanian minority can get 100x more people to attend a rally than Macedonians can, you know something is very wrong.
    You talk sense Egejska Makedonia. Like you say we can dream for a United Macedonia as much as we want but we have to be realistic and acknowledge the fact that if Macedonians are struggling to defend Vardar Macedonia against the Albanians it is very unlikely we can lead an attack to get our land back. Would getting out land back require a war?? Or a referendum or something like that? (Not that a vote will be fair knowing how Greeks are).
    In regard to the younger generationof Macedonian kids you are also very right. It seems these days they are all just interested in going to Under 18 discos and having SWAG or something stupid like that. I mean this stuff is not that bad but you cant just forget where you come from.

If you were in a situation where a person would ask you do you hate Greeks,Bulgars, Serbs e.t.c. What would be your answer?

Leave a comment:

• EgejskaMakedonia
    replied

Is there any way in which Macedonia can get its lost land back?
    Nope, at least not in the foreseeable future. As much as we all want to believe that Macedonia will be united in 2013, 100 years after the treaty of Bucharest was devised, this is somewhat false hope. We should definitely still acknowledge the passing of 100 years with some official event. There have been numerous occasions within the last 100 years that have presented realistic opportunities for Macedonia to regain its' lost territories. Unfortunately in every case, it did not work in our favour. Perhaps the most notable one was during the Greek civil war. The Tito-Stalin split left our people in Egej with no support, and the Macedonians were subsequently severely punished and mistreated by the prevailing Greek authorities.

Macedonians had their chances, but today the Macedonian population in Pirin and Egej pales in comparison to that of 50-100 years ago. This is a direct result of the assimilation policy adopted by both Greece and Bulgaria, as well as an influx of foreign people, for example the prosfygi (Christian Turks) in Egej. We will never forget that these regions of Macedonia were divided against the will of the people, nor will we forgive those involved. But for now we should be promoting the rights of Macedonians in these regions, as opposed to forming plans to take back the lost land. Preserving the Macedonian language and identity in these regions is crucial and should be a priority in terms of policy directed at the occupied regions.

Nobody knows what the future holds and it may be possible one day, but it is highly unlikely to occur in our lifetime. Macedonia has enough trouble maintaining its' current borders from the Albanian minority. Our main focus must be on preventing additional land being lost.

This is probably a childish question to ask. But I always wonder why don’t most of the Macedonians of today not care about Macedonia? This is mostly regarding the younger generation in their teenage years like me. They seem to me like they have no clue of general Macedonian history, events, accomplishments and have no self respect. My friend who is Maco gets angry when I say I dislike Serbs even after I told him the reasons behind it. According to him “we should be brothers”. Maybe its just the fact that he knows nothing like a lot of the other ones that are so Westernised you could mistake them for a skip if you didn’t know any better. Its really strange because with a country with a history like Macedonia a kid should be proud and want to know about it. Its really sad when you ask a kid a simple question like when Macedonia was split between Greece, Bulgaria and Serbia and they don’t know the answer.
    That's a great question, and I've often wondered the same. A lot of Macedonians in the younger generation have been assimilated into the Australian identity. The most they do is probably call their grandparents Dedo and Baba. I'm proud of being born in Australia, but it is a grave mistake to forget where you come from. I've particularly noticed that many act really patriotic when convenient, but have absolutely no knowledge of their history or culture. Despite the atrocities Serbia has committed against Macedonia, you don't have to dislike every Serb. I have a very strong dislike for the Greek government, military and a lot of Greeks in general, but I also have a lot of Greek friends who are great when politics are put aside. There's a time and place for everything, and in some situations it's better to 'leave the politics in the motherland.' But there is nothing more powerful than knowledge, and through the truth we have discovered what sly people some of our neighbours are (Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia, etc). I guess the 'cool' thing is for some Macedonians to get close with the Serbian culture. It's a real shame that younger Macedonians in Australia don't take much interest in their background, but I'm sure there are still quite a few out there who do.

This isn't isolated to Australia, but is even prevalent in RoM. When an Albanian minority can get 100x more people to attend a rally than Macedonians can, you know something is very wrong.

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied
    Welcome Momce. It's nice to see young Macedonians like yourself interested about learning history.

Leave a comment:

• Momce Makedonce
    replied
    Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
    There is no such thing as an ethnically pure nation.Neither are the Greeks,and neither are we.Contemporary Macedonians are a result of the mixture between the Ancient Macedonians and people that migrated to this area through time.On the other hand,the modern Greeks resulted from the mixture between the people from the Ancient city-states and conquerors,migrating tribes,left-overs from plunders etc."Greeks" was first used by the Romans to describe the people that lived on the territory of the Greek city-states,and the term only comes into use at the time of Greek independence from the Ottoman empire as a state.Prior to that,they (along with everyone else) referred to themselves as "Hellenes",a word that has multiple meanings and barely has anything to do with ethnicity.To sum it up,there's very little to link the contemporary Greeks to the ancient ones.Find out more about it here

A collection of excerpts gathered from this forum, largely brought to our attention by Daskalot and TrueMacedonian, who have buried many a myth of the modern Greek on countless occasions. Origins of the inhabitants of Modern Greece: http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=841 Albanian origins of the

Athens This question has been asked several times, and should be addressed properly once and for all. While I will agree that pockets of Romaic-speakers lived in what were to become the domains of the modern 'Hellenic' state and elsewhere in the Balkans, particularly where it concerns the main trading areas (where as it so

- "Prior to 1865, Vlachs everywhere in the Peloponnese.." - "Number of non-Vlachs remained lower than the Vlachs.." - "..the Peloponnese consisted mostly, if not entirely, of Vlachs and Albanians.." - "..the guerrillas were generally Vlachs and Albanians, and in the Greek revolution Vlachs

Let's clear this up once and for all. There has been evidence of all sorts displayed for both sides of the argument, I would like to see all of the information consolidated here, so we can validate this argument or discard it altogether. If anybody has any material on the matter, please post it here. Black Athena and other

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=6526
    Blagodaram those threads were very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Momce Makedonce
    replied
    Originally posted by MKPrilep View Post
    kaj si be prilepcanec? od kade vo prilep??
    Kaj si be brate. Tatkomi je od seloto Obrsani A ti od kaj si?

Leave a comment:

• MKPrilep
    replied
    kaj si be prilepcanec? od kade vo prilep??

Leave a comment:

• DraganOfStip
    replied
    Risto is it true that the modern Greeks are not related to the Ancient ones and that the word Greece was not heard until later? I for one did not know this until I visited this forum and did some reading. And if that is so then does it mean that the modern Greeks are a mixture of Turks, Albanians, Vlachs e.t.c
    There is no such thing as an ethnically pure nation.Neither are the Greeks,and neither are we.Contemporary Macedonians are a result of the mixture between the Ancient Macedonians and people that migrated to this area through time.On the other hand,the modern Greeks resulted from the mixture between the people from the Ancient city-states and conquerors,migrating tribes,left-overs from plunders etc."Greeks" was first used by the Romans to describe the people that lived on the territory of the Greek city-states,and the term only comes into use at the time of Greek independence from the Ottoman empire as a state.Prior to that,they (along with everyone else) referred to themselves as "Hellenes",a word that has multiple meanings and barely has anything to do with ethnicity.To sum it up,there's very little to link the contemporary Greeks to the ancient ones.Find out more about it here

A collection of excerpts gathered from this forum, largely brought to our attention by Daskalot and TrueMacedonian, who have buried many a myth of the modern Greek on countless occasions. Origins of the inhabitants of Modern Greece: http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=841 Albanian origins of the

Athens This question has been asked several times, and should be addressed properly once and for all. While I will agree that pockets of Romaic-speakers lived in what were to become the domains of the modern 'Hellenic' state and elsewhere in the Balkans, particularly where it concerns the main trading areas (where as it so

- "Prior to 1865, Vlachs everywhere in the Peloponnese.." - "Number of non-Vlachs remained lower than the Vlachs.." - "..the Peloponnese consisted mostly, if not entirely, of Vlachs and Albanians.." - "..the guerrillas were generally Vlachs and Albanians, and in the Greek revolution Vlachs

Let's clear this up once and for all. There has been evidence of all sorts displayed for both sides of the argument, I would like to see all of the information consolidated here, so we can validate this argument or discard it altogether. If anybody has any material on the matter, please post it here. Black Athena and other

A Smaller history of Greece By Sir William Smith http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2096/...6-h.htm#chap20 Just a few excerpts: CHAPTER I. GEOGRAPHY OF GREECE. Greece is the southern portion of a great peninsula of Europe, washed on three sides by the Mediterranean Sea. It is bounded on the north by the
    Last edited by DraganOfStip; 07-05-2012, 04:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Momce Makedonce
    replied
    Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Of course it is. It has had many influences over the last 2000 years. English of 1000 years ago is completely unintelligible to modern English speakers. Do you think this is a huge problem Momce?

Momce, are you aware the Greeks actually changed their language to make it more like something the ancient Greek states spoke 2000 years earlier? They did this in the 1800's and finally settled on their written language in 1976.

Very little is known of the ancient Macedonian language. However we do know that the Macedonian language of 500 years ago has virtually remained unchanged to this very day.
    The administration of the Macedonian Truth Organisation is proud to present the following historical source to our readers, a priceless document accompanied with analysis that shows how little the Macedonian langauge and vernacular has changed since the Middle Ages. Macedonian Lexicon - 16th Century Record of the

In direct contrast, the English language of 500 years ago could barely be compared to modern English in the same fashion.

I hope that helps for a start.
    Risto is it true that the modern Greeks are not related to the Ancient ones and that the word Greece was not heard until later? I for one did not know this until I visited this forum and did some reading. And if that is so then does it mean that the modern Greeks are a mixture of Turks, Albanians, Vlachs e.t.c

Leave a comment:

Working...
X