• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momce Makedonce
    replied
    Can anybody assist in these questions?
    Why did Macedonia join Yugoslavia?

How did the current Macedonian last names come to be? Also why do some end in “ski” and others in a ” v”?

Why is the Macedonian language similar to its neighbours such as Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria?

Blagodaram

Leave a comment:

• George S.
    replied
    guys turkish delights,tolumbi yjey are great.also the turkish pides & turkish sausages.
    Last edited by George S.; 07-06-2012, 08:27 AM. Reason: ed

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Onur View Post
    OR If Turkish army would enter Salonika today, i am quite sure that there would be some people in there who cheers for us too.
    Especially if they were handing out food.

Leave a comment:

• makedonche
    replied
    Originally posted by Onur View Post
    Thats irrelevant. Probably your grandmother would also cheer for the king Ferdinand of Bulgaria if he would enter Salonika instead of Constantine of Greece.

When Venizelos entered Izmir after Greek army invaded it in 1919, there was some people cheering for him too. Most likely the same people also cheered for Ataturk in 1922 in the same place. OR If Turkish army would enter Salonika today, i am quite sure that there would be some people in there who cheers for us too.
    Onur
    I can gaurantee that there would be more than "some" cheering!

Leave a comment:

• Onur
    replied
    Originally posted by Louis View Post
    Macedonia was not a “united piece of land”, but it was indeed land of the Ottoman Empire (so was Thrace). All opinions on its’ future were valid and legitimate, yet who supported what you’re saying (Bulgaria? Communist International?) and what makes you think it would be a viable solution or it was the will of its’ people?
    I should “brush up on the division of Macedonia”? That’s good. I don’t remember saying that I’m 17 or something. Actually, my grandmother (when she was alive) was taking pride for being present in the cheering crowd when Constantine entered Thessaloniki in 1912, so I was kind of speaking on her behalf. She would never guess she was a “new nation” in Macedonia.
    Thats irrelevant. Probably your grandmother would also cheer for the king Ferdinand of Bulgaria if he would enter Salonika instead of Constantine of Greece.

When Venizelos entered Izmir after Greek army invaded it in 1919, there was some people cheering for him too. Most likely the same people also cheered for Ataturk in 1922 in the same place. OR If Turkish army would enter Salonika today, i am quite sure that there would be some people in there who cheers for us too.
    Last edited by Onur; 07-06-2012, 02:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• George S.
    replied
    Louis you brush up on what happened in 1912 & tell us whether in simple terms whether it was a land grab.or not.!00 years ago can someone front up & on the pretext of liberating it from the ottomans simply take over.Burn down a couple hundred thousand villages kick out the local population,commit attrocities.deny them their spoken word,rename them ,rename the toponyms with greek ones.Also call it since occupation the occupied territory.Then after the andronikos finds in 1988 change the name to province of macedonia.Also in the divison of macedonia can you explain to me how one country belongs suddenly to 4 others.
    Last edited by George S.; 07-06-2012, 02:46 AM. Reason: ed

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    Louis, your grandmother was in the minority.

Leave a comment:

• Louis
    replied
    Macedonia was not a “united piece of land”, but it was indeed land of the Ottoman Empire (so was Thrace). All opinions on its’ future were valid and legitimate, yet who supported what you’re saying (Bulgaria? Communist International?) and what makes you think it would be a viable solution or it was the will of its’ people?
    I should “brush up on the division of Macedonia”? That’s good. I don’t remember saying that I’m 17 or something. Actually, my grandmother (when she was alive) was taking pride for being present in the cheering crowd when Constantine entered Thessaloniki in 1912, so I was kind of speaking on her behalf. She would never guess she was a “new nation” in Macedonia.

Leave a comment:

• julie
    replied
    Momce Makedonce welcome

Leave a comment:

• Dimko-piperkata
    replied
    Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
    Hello my fellow Macedonians. I am 17 years old and live in Sydney Australia. My dad`s side of the family is from the Prilep region while my mum`s is from the Bitola region. In the last few years I have become very interested in Macedonian history and the direction that Macedonia is heading. I have learnt a lot from reading the History Section of this forum along with other sites. If it is alright with the members of the forum I would like to ask some general questions which I do not know the answers of or not enough about. I am willing to become a participant on this forum in order to learn more and assist where I can. I will post up some general questions soon.

the first and important thing are...

ur ethnicity is MACEDONIAN
    ur language is not slavic but MACEDONIAN
    ur religion is MACEDONIAN ORTHODOX

pay heed to this and the world will be much easier for u

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    The first reason would be that they dont recognize our Church. Then would be the fact that they are pretty close with the greeks and I am presuming that means they dont recognise our history either. Then would be the fact that they played a role in the partition of Macedonia. And the final reason would be the fact that on a personal level I find them to be very up themselves. I remember going to a Sydney Makedonia (Bankstown City Lions) against Bonnyrigg White Eagles game and I heard the abuse they were screaming. Thats when my disrespect for them started and over the years as I found out a bit more I would say it has intensified.
    The Serbs, Greeks and Bulgarians generally do not recognise the Macedonian people as Macedonians. Some Macedonians love Serbs but hate the other nations mentioned previously. I find this nothing more than a disturbing Yugo consequence. Ultimately it must come down to an individual level. I have many Serb/Greek/Bulgarian friends/acquaintances who do not fit this racist mould.

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    If you were in a situation where a person would ask you do you hate Greeks,Bulgars, Serbs e.t.c. What would be your answer?
    I hate Macedonians who are anti Macedonian infinitely more than the average victim of Balkan mentality in Greece/Bulgaria/Serbia/Albania.

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    Which land is rightfully yours? And who are "you" exactly?
    Isn't it obvious Louis? His answer was clear enough too. Let's not forget that Macedonians fought for an independent Macedonia and their intentions were absolutely ignored in Bucharest. Instead Greeks sent armies (from outside of Macedonia) to try to capture Macedonia. Don't try to kid yourself otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• EgejskaMakedonia
    replied
    Which land is rightfully yours? And who are "you" exactly?
    When a piece of land is divided against the will of the people living in that land, it can not be said to truly belong to the nation who newly required the land. 100 years isn't all that long ago, so perhaps you need to brush up on the division of Macedonia?

I'm a Macedonian. If you have a problem with that, then go take it somewhere else, I don't want to hear it. What about you, who are "you" exactly?

Leave a comment:

• EgejskaMakedonia
    replied
    Are there more Macedonians in Melbourne also?
    Yeh, there are more Macedonians in Melbourne than Sydney. There are also a lot in Perth. That said, there is still a strong Macedonian community in NSW.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X