• fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

Dad at
    Kebapi Graf Piperki Dgmirinki and Storen Rasol
    No wonder I’m perfect.

Study: You Are What Your Father Ate

Saturday, 25 December 2010
    We are what our father ate before we were born! An international team of researchers has found that a father's diet while growing up can affect his offspring's future health.

Researchers, who specifically looked at the effects of paternal diet in their study, have discovered that a father's lifestyle can be passed down to next generation because it "reprogrammes" his genes.

The novel mice study, carried out by researchers at the University of Massachusetts Medical School and the University of Texas at Austin, shows that paternal diet influences lipid metabolising genes of his children, according to TheMedGuru.

These insights, coupled with previous human studies, suggest that paternal environmental effects may play a more important role in complex diseases such as diabetes and heart disease than previously believed, the journal Cell reports.

'Knowing what your parents were doing before you were conceived is turning out to be important in determining what disease risk factors you may be carrying,' said chief study investigator Oliver J. Rando, according to a University of Massachusetts statement.

Rando is an associate professor of biochemistry and molecular pharmacology at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in the US, Sify reports.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

does anyone know what's new to windows 8.Yes it's true you are what your father ate.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

Did they feed them GM foods.

Accelerated Evolution in Mice Leads to "Singing" Rodents

ExtremeTech is the Web's top destination for news and analysis of emerging science and technology trends, and important software, hardware, and gadgets.

Researchers at the University of Osaka have devised a way to artificially accelerate the process of evolution among a group of rodents in their "Evolved Mouse Project." The project lab is home to a population of genetically modified mice that have been tweaked to be more prone to miscopying DNA in subsequent generations—in other words, mutants. Mutated genes are nature's way of throwing new traits into existing gene pools. In a natural setting, these new variations are introduced in a gradual process. However, this assembly of modified Mickeys and Minnies has the unique capability to add new traits into the mix with every generation. And as the ability to breed prolifically has never been a huge concern of the rodent community, researchers have amassed an impressive data set of new variations as they express themselves and spread through the population.
        These Osaka mice haven't achieved anything quite that spectacular yet, however some interesting new variations have risen in the population, such as mice with short limbs and tails "like a dachshund" and, notably, a group that has gained the ability to "sing like a bird."

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

Ozimak if their father had the gm food then they are going to mutate.It's a known fact that tinkering with mother natures genetics could likely produce mutants.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Scientist have discovered at the bottom of the sea plants that produce hyrogen.Imagine if we could harvest the ocean & produce it cheaply.
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• fyrOM
              Banned
              • Feb 2010

Internet groups fear UN will threaten Web...

Thursday, 30 December 2010

Officials from 18 countries held an impromptu, late-night meeting earlier this month at the United Nations office in Geneva, and made a decision that rattled Internet technocrats around the world.

Autocratic governments like China and Iran attended the meeting, as did several democratic ones. Despite protests by Portugal and the United States, they voted to staff a working group on the future of the Internet Governance Forum -- an important theatre of discussion on matters of cyberspace -- by governments alone.

The seemingly arcane move reverberated through a community of technical experts, academics and civil society groups who felt they had been unfairly excluded.
              Fourteen technical organizations that help oversee how cyberspace runs wrote an open letter asking the UN Commission on Science and Technology for Development (UNCSTD) to reverse its decision. Meanwhile the Internet Society, an umbrella group that helps manage technical standards online, posted a petition to its website in protest.

"A significant fuss has been kicked up about it," said Byron Holland, president and CEO of the Canadian Internet Registration Authority, which manages the .ca domain.

Even Google waded into the fray. Vint Cerf, a vice-president at the online behemoth and one of the pioneers of the Internet, added his name to the petition, alongside 2,600 others. He also attacked the UN decision in a Dec. 17 blog post on Google's website.

"We don't believe governments should be allowed to grant themselves a monopoly on Internet governance," Cerf wrote. "The current bottoms-up, open approach works -- protecting users from vested interests and enabling rapid innovation. Let's fight to keep it that way."

Eleven days later the UNCSTD buckled under the pressure, according to the Internet Society, and agreed to include up to 20 non-governmental groups.

The episode underscored what has become an uneasy relationship between organizations that have helped gently steer the Internet since its infancy, and UN bodies that came to focus on Internet governance during the 2000s as cyberspace continued to unfurl across the brick-and-mortar world.

"The root of the debate here is a philosophical difference between how you approach the future governance of the Internet," Holland told CTV.ca by phone. "Everything that goes forward from that will have a very different tone or direction."

Technocrats like Holland have also been hinting at a specific threat: that the UN could become a forum where authoritarian governments who are riled by the free flow of information work to put the breaks on its superhighway.

Cyber peace treaty

A second UN body -- the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), which manages the world's radio frequencies and orbiting satellites -- has been debating who should govern the Internet for years.

Its secretary general, Hamadoun Toure, would like to spearhead the creation of a "cyber peace treaty" to prevent the Internet from becoming another domain in which countries wage war against one another, as they do by air or at sea.

"Cyber threats can reach critical infrastructure of any country, the nerve centre of any nation," Toure said by phone from Geneva. "A sophisticated attack can bring even the most powerful nation to its knees."

There have been several recent examples of such events. During a dispute with Russia in 2007, Estonia was hit by widespread cyber attacks that knocked out bank, newspaper and government websites. Similar denial-of-service attacks struck Georgian media and government websites a year later as Russian tanks rolled into South Ossetia.

Then last July, the discovery of the Stuxnet worm led to speculation that a foreign government was trying use malicious software to cripple Iran's nuclear program.

But there are a number of hurdles to creating an international agreement that would discourage such attacks. One is who would forge it.

"If we were to have a roundtable on this, you would see not only governments around it. Are we mentally prepared for that, to have around the same table private sector, civil society, consumer groups and governments?" Toure said. "That is what it will take for meeting the challenges of a cyber peace treaty."

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

I rember that they could send these bots in & you wouldn't know it they can do anything to your computer & steal any info without you knowing,There was a whole programe on tv a couple of years ago.Allready the chinese are breaking into the pentagon & other key establishments against the west stealing secrets etc.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

I think we will see less and less freedom (shamefully) on the internet as time goes by.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

well look at skype in china is being closed off & the chinese govt is censoring the internet.ther's been discussion how in australia people are bypassing paying gst while buying throgh the internet.
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Would you seriously buy from overseas just to save 10% GST?
                      It is a ridiculous notion. I would buy locally even if it was 20% more expensive. But when you see items for less than half price overseas, you wonder what globalisation is meant to mean.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

By governance of the internet they are policing and promoting censorship . So much for democracy freedom of speech and the truth .
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• fyrOM
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          Would you seriously buy from overseas just to save 10% GST?
                          It is a ridiculous notion. I would buy locally even if it was 20% more expensive. But when you see items for less than half price overseas, you wonder what globalisation is meant to mean.
                          I hate Australian shops and the snivelling Harvey Norman lobbying the government to put Australian taxes on overseas purchases over the internet. The age old excuse by Australian shops has been the tyranny of distance from the rest of the world and economies of scale as the two reasons why items in Australia are more expensive than…sometimes literally anywhere…elsewhere in the world. A case in point is grocery price increase by far more than usa uk or Canada to whom we are often compared.
                          The truth is far more simple. Ever notice how a pie cost far more at a sporting event than shops outside. Point being you cant go outside to buy the pie…you are a captive market.

Many other countries don’t suffer this problem or at least to a lesser extent by having neighbouring countries people can easily drive to make purchases…we cant drive to any other country ie a captive market. The internet has enabled Australians to access the world…kind of like ordering that pie or pizza from outside and having it delivered inside the sportsground.

I believe in supporting shops who support me by giving me a decent price. If Australian shops want to screw the Australian public I say screw them and let them go broke. Oh but what of the unemployment. Rubbish. Any unemployment of staff will be temporary as there will be some other person eager enough to make a buck selling stuff in Australia without gouging the Australian public. The real bitching to the government has much more to do with protecting the current big players own back pockets and their excessive profits than real concerns about unemployment and the government missing out on taxes.

I cant remember the exact figure but I remember watching the usa Today Show when the then latest Holden Commodore made in Australia was going to be rebadged and sold in the usa for less than in Australia. What happened to the excuse of transport costs…or does it only apply to goods coming to Australia.

As a by the way did you hear on the news how due to the floods in Queensland food prices will go up significantly this year everywhere in Australia despite Victoria growing 80 to 85 percent of our food…bananas and pineapples will go through the roof big deal. Why are they prepping us for all food prices to go up significantly…ahhh never let a good opportunity for gouging to go by. And they also have the gall to call for donations to Queensland Floods relief fund. Don’t they have house insurance or contents insurance…I’m sure someone will buy you new stuff if you alone lost your home and didn’t have insurance…being part of a mass disaster should not absolve the individual from having insurance. And don’t worry the farmers have made millions in the past to cover the loss this year…and also could have insured their crops.

Comment

• fyrOM
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
                            By governance of the internet they are policing and promoting censorship . So much for democracy freedom of speech and the truth .
                            Too right Julie control The Truth and you control the minds and wills of the people…and it also makes doing their dirty deeds a lot easier. Have you noticed how most of Australian news consists of natural disasters health issues charitable good deeds movie and media reports new gadgets or sensational news from usa where some guy shoots a number of his work colleagues. You would think nothing much was going on in the world…even the riots in Greece are rarely mentioned.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                              As a by the way did you hear on the news how due to the floods in Queensland food prices will go up significantly this year everywhere in Australia despite Victoria growing 80 to 85 percent of our food…bananas and pineapples will go through the roof big deal. Why are they prepping us for all food prices to go up significantly…ahhh never let a good opportunity for gouging to go by. And they also have the gall to call for donations to Queensland Floods relief fund. Don’t they have house insurance or contents insurance…I’m sure someone will buy you new stuff if you alone lost your home and didn’t have insurance…being part of a mass disaster should not absolve the individual from having insurance. And don’t worry the farmers have made millions in the past to cover the loss this year…and also could have insured their crops.
                              Get ready for the next instalment. The rise in fruit and veg prices will no doubt cause inflationary pressures and consequently justify another round of interest rate rises. Ridiculous.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• fyrOM
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2010

Why GST on internet shopping ain't never gonna happen

November 1, 2010
                                Well, that bonanza didn't last long, did it? No sooner had the Aussie dollar reached parity with the greenback, alerting bargain-conscious shoppers to some tidy savings to be had buying online from overseas, than lobbyists for the local shopkeeping mafia were in the government's ear demanding that Canberra tax the arse out of web purchases to protect them from the competition.

No consideration for the fact that the Australian dollar is overvalued at the moment. No talk about improving their own distribution chains or procedures to compete with lower-cost supplies from overseas. And remember, we're not talking about China or India here. The lower-cost suppliers local retailers are worried about are largely based in the US and UK.

Nope. Please just whack a dirty great tax on everything imported via online sales, and if the Aussie dollar falls back to its natural value of about 70 US cents at some point in the future, all the better. It will make internet shopping even more expensive and less of a threat.

The desperate stupidity of this attempted shakedown is revealed by the particular tax they want the government to jack up: the GST, the bane of the existence of any business, large or small, which has to deal with this wretched, life-sucking, administrative apocalypse. Let's just be clear about what the retailers association is proposing. Because they cannot think of any way to compete with US or European businesses – that is, businesses which have to factor in the cost of shipping their merchandise 12- or 15,000 miles to reach Australian consumers – they are asking the government to force huge companies like Amazon, or small independent outfits which might be nothing more than a mum and dad operation stitching together beaver pelt phone covers, to dive headlong into the reporting and payment requirements imposed by the ATO on local businesses.

Three words.

Never. Gonna. Happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X