Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vodenka
    • Mar 2009

And by the way what have you achieved as far as the Macedonian classes go? Have you anything to show of your accomplishments?
    The Diaspora has been decieved many times by photos, videos, tv shows that are showing a very different immage of the real situation in Egejska about achievements of organizations, in the past.
    If any body is interested in our work, he can come here or send someone who he trusts, to see by himself our work.

Comment

• Pavel
      • Oct 2009

Vodenka, your language classes are good and important work. also I am very happy that there will be more cooperation. goodluck to everyone.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vodenka View Post
        The Diaspora has been decieved many times by photos, videos, tv shows that are showing a very different immage of the real situation in Egejska about achievements of organizations, in the past.
        If any body is interested in our work, he can come here or send someone who he trusts, to see by himself our work.
        Thanks Vodenka.
        You know I will visit you one day .... we must still make a booking for that chicken from the restaurant in that selo just outside of Voden!

Now for the important question relating to your text above .... don't worry about photos and videos, let us know what would be of the greatest assistance to you. What would be the best kind of assistance you could possibly have right now?
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Jankovska
          • Sep 2008

Anyone who is doing work in Egej deserves credit.
          Last edited by Jankovska; 02-24-2010, 04:33 AM.

Comment

• makedonin
            • Sep 2008

Why do the one or the other Organization have to be leading in Belomorska? Why don't they go along? If that is not possible, just ignore each other! But don't drag them in to the mud or give the Greeks statements "ala Gligorov" to throw them back at our heads!
            To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• vodenka
              • Mar 2009

Thanks Vodenka.
              You know I will visit you one day .... we must still make a booking for that chicken from the restaurant in that selo just outside of Voden!
              So, that must be the most famous place in the world, for chicken, if you already know about it!

Now for the important question relating to your text above .... don't worry about photos and videos, let us know what would be of the greatest assistance to you. What would be the best kind of assistance you could possibly have right now?
              We are still in the fase we try to make our people understand how important the language classes are and try to get more cultural associations follow our example. We started as an experiment last October: nobody could guarantee us that we will have any success, but we did. We have to be patient and carefull with Egejci. Little step every time. I am looking forward the day the Diaspora will be asked to help finacially for many activities of other organizations like ours in every town and village in Egejska (for teachers' expences, books, renting of class-rooms, etc).
              We, as cultural organization, will take some initiative in many cultural fields and we will ask your help each time for a different event or project. We can pay ourselves the rent and the current expenses for our activities, right now.
              We will open soon a bank account for our association (it takes some legal procedure, first) with a pay pal connection on our web site so anybody who wants to offer some financial help (even a very small amount of money, will be greatly appreciated) can do it. It is better to have small amounts in help from many friends who apriciate our work, than large amounts from few people.
              Last edited by vodenka; 02-24-2010, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• Silver
                • Sep 2009

Well again, you can't answer a simple question without some anti Vinozhito conspiracy tacked onto it. How is the diaspora fooled Vodenka? Are those videos fake? Is that what you're saying? Hell if the Americans can fake a moonwalk why can't Vinozhito fake a pushteno?

Only you're for real because everything you do is in secret, right?

Prolet, where do you get the idea that she is an expert on Vinozhito? Because she had a cup of coffee at a meeting once everything she says about Vinozhito is bang on so we should not support them anymore to make her happy? Is that how it is Prolet? I happen to support Vinozhito so now you're telling me not to divide egejtsi? How about you take some advice for yourself, when you don't have anything to say Prolet, don't say it! You're like tits on a boar Prolet.

Comment

• vodenka
                  • Mar 2009

Ok, Silver! Lets not talk about negative things about Vinozhito, which I do not support and I explained so many time why. You, as supporter of that party, can give us examples of some achivements of Vinozhito that had a real benefit to our people? The panigyir and festivals (Pushtseno dancing, etc) to which a large number of Egejci participate are not Vinozhito achievements. Give me some other examples.

I do not have anything else to present other than language classes. When I will have something done, I will write on the forum and not for things I may do in the future or I wish to do.
                  Last edited by vodenka; 02-24-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Vodenka, how can we assist with expanding the language classes?
                    What would be your first requirement?

How is your Macedonian knowledge going? Razbervash po nashe sega?
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Rogi
                      • Sep 2008

Vodenka, which books are being used to teach the language, or is it more focused on the vernacular and more so about speaking in Macedonian rather than reading?

Also, has it been difficult securing a teacher for the classes and are they taught the Voden dialect of Macedonian or the standardised literary Macedonian language?

Do you think that, when the students show real improvement, it might be worthwhile to organise an excursion or road trip for them to the Republic of Macedonia and let them emmerse themselves in the language?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Good questions Rogi. I would also like to know how the material is being used to teach, is it simply a matter of direct Greek to literary Macedonian translation, does it have a section in the texts that show the similarities and differences between the local dialect(s) and literary Macedonian? I think it would be beneficial to show our people there that the differences are quite insignificant in the larger scope of things.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• vodenka
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          Vodenka, how can we assist with expanding the language classes?
                          What would be your first requirement?

How is your Macedonian knowledge going? Razbervash po nashe sega?
                          We plan, as soon the second term of classes is over, to advertise on internet, through sites and blogs. We will have to be ready to give information and "know how" for Egejci that may be interested to follow our example as for us it is impossible to create "schools" all over Macedonia (I got telephone calls from Macedonians from Kostur and Kozani regions, interested in our classes and in Solun there were people from Ser attending the classes.).

Razbiram po dobro ama ne sboruvam, ushte! I have to exercise a lot to start "thinking" in Macedonian to be able to speak: I still need to translate every word in my mind and it is quite difficult for me.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Your English is excellent.
                            I am sure you will pick up Macedonian soon as well.

A Macedonian newspaper in Belomorska Makedonija would be useful for conveying your message. I think the internet is not as good over there. Too many villagers who do not bother with the internet.

I note you said "razbiram" whilst most of us Belomorski Makedontsi say "razbervam". It would suggest you are teaching the literary Macedonian. I think this is a double edged sword and would hope that our little dialectal differences are maintained somehow.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• vodenka
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                              Vodenka, which books are being used to teach the language, or is it more focused on the vernacular and more so about speaking in Macedonian rather than reading?

Also, has it been difficult securing a teacher for the classes and are they taught the Voden dialect of Macedonian or the standardised literary Macedonian language?

Do you think that, when the students show real improvement, it might be worthwhile to organise an excursion or road trip for them to the Republic of Macedonia and let them emmerse themselves in the language?
                              We use photocopies of books the teacher has. Our friend G.Stojanov gave me excellent advise and I downloaded from internet some macedonian proverbs, songs, etc. and I printed them.
                              Our teacher does not speak greek. All classes are in Macedonian. Our students realised by themselves that Voden dialect they speak is almost the same with the official language of the Republic. They are not pushed to change their way of speaking the language, but they get to know how to write and read it, in Cyrillic. The funny thing is that if there is a world they to not understand, the teacher says the word in english to me and I translate it to them in greek, but this happens very seldom. I was very impressed when one of the "students" (on his late 40ties), after he finished reading loud a small story in Macedonian, he told me: "you know something? I NEVER thought I could do this! Read in my mother tongue!"
                              In the frame of our activities there are in project some excursions. My idea is to visit also the cultural associations of Macedonian minorities living in almost all the countries of the Balcans (Serbia, Romani, Croatia, Slovenia, etc).

Comment

• Pavel
                                • Oct 2009

We use photocopies of books the teacher has. Our friend G.Stojanov gave me excellent advise and I downloaded from internet some macedonian proverbs, songs, etc. and I printed them.
                                Our teacher does not speak greek. All classes are in Macedonian. Our students realised by themselves that Voden dialect they speak is almost the same with the official language of the Republic. They are not pushed to change their way of speaking the language, but they get to know how to write and read it, in Cyrillic. The funny thing is that if there is a world they to not understand, the teacher says the word in english to me and I translate it to them in greek, but this happens very seldom. I was very impressed when one of the "students" (on his late 40ties), after he finished reading loud a small story in Macedonian, he told me: "you know something? I NEVER thought I could do this! Read in my mother tongue!"
                                In the frame of our activities there are in project some excursions. My idea is to visit also the cultural associations of Macedonian minorities living in almost all the countries of the Balcans (Serbia, Romani, Croatia, Slovenia, etc).
                                This is wonderful Vodenka. It is so nice to hear things like this. Well done!

Comment

Working...
                                X