Is the EU mentioned in the Book of Revelation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Is the EU mentioned in the Book of Revelation?

I am no Biblical expert. But then again we have so many diferant religions which is proof that Gods words can be interpreted many ways and therefor its not Black and white for the Modern society. We must remember that when the apostles wrote there scriptures, they wrote it for the people in there days to understand. How could The perseptions and understanding of the biblical days be diferant to modern day? look at it this way, Life was black and white back then. with out all the modern technology and poluted minds, life was quite simple. They looked at things diferant to the way we would see it now.

Lets look at The Book of Revelations now. What is Revelations? Just like Daniel in the old Testament, They are visions that were shown to John the apostle from God about the future.

Now we must be careful when we try to interpret the future which once again was translated in the eyes of a Man from a diferant era that looked at things that did not quite make sence. For an example, The Book Of Revelations mentions stars falling from the sky, What John could have been shown could have posibly been commets, or nuclear bombs or evan something more obvious to us Airplanes. But if John has never seen something like airplanes or Bombs, How does he explain and put pen to paper descibing his vision.

I am not here to preach the Gosple or act like i am Mr know it all. But i think this would be interesting subject for all off us as a group to discuss and to decipher The meanings of Revelations. There is no right or wrong answer. Just a posibility and we would hopefuly know once the predictions come true, what The apostle John meant.

Next post i will explain my theories on "Revelations chapter 12". To some it might sound wacky, but to a few it might be food for thought. In my opinion, it is related to the EU
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Please look at the EU flag and its important you count how many stars there are.

Now i will show you what the Book of Revelation says about the Twelve Stars.

Revelations
    Chapter 12
    12:1 A great sign was seen in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a CROWN OF TWELVE STARS.
    12:3 Another sign was seen in heaven. Behold, a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven crowns.
    12:4 His tail drew one third of the stars of the sky, and threw them to the earth. The dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.

It's amazing how there are more than 12 nations in the EU But yet they kept the twelve stars.

Let me explain what this verse's are saying. Twelve stars represent the twelve apostles. (in todays case the origianal twelve EU states) But The Dragon stood before her (evil) and devoured her child ( this evil took over what she "eu" gave birth to )

Lets look a little bit more,
    17:1 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and spoke with me, saying, "Come here. I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who sits on many waters

Well we can asume who this refers to as the prostitute who sits on many waters. Think about it.

lets continue,

17:2 with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and those who dwell in the earth were made drunken with the wine of her fornication."

17:3 He carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet-colored animal, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns.

17:4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her fornication.

17:5 And on her forehead a name was written, "MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF THE PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."

17:6 I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. When I saw her, I wondered with great amazement.

There are mentions of KINGS (eu leaders) abominations, impurities who comit fornication. But also take note what was writen on this prostitutes head, " MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF THE PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."

Interesting, this is no longer a mystery to me. Babylon was a ancient city where all nations would go and live in sin. It was a sin city. So who is the mother of all prostitutes and abominations of Earth? You guess.

But the good news for macedonians is this letter of Paul to the macedonians.

Philippians ch 4
    verse 15: Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only;

in conclusion, stay faithful to God, EU is evil and people there worship wrong idles, and this is all planed by God.

Comment

• Spartan
      • Sep 2008

I believe revelations also states the re-emergance of the Roman empire as one of the events that will signify the coming of the 3rd antichtrist, and the end of the world.

Could the EU be the Roman empire?

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
        I believe revelations also states the re-emergance of the Roman empire as one of the events that will signify the coming of the 3rd antichtrist, and the end of the world.

Could the EU be the Roman empire?
        Strangely enaugh Spartan, just last night i was listening to Dr Chuck Missler on CD and he claims exactly what you mention. He uses The Book of Daniel as referances rather than Revelations. I find all this fasinating stuff. But we must be also realistic some times because what people do is, instead of finding an answer to a question, we look for a question to suit our answers. I have heard many Good and convincing arguments on who is the 3rd Anti Christ. Names came up from Hitler to Henry Kissinger and all have shown many scriptures that fit with these people. Similor explanations hapens with Nostridamus Predictions. His visions were very vague. He infact predicted Hitler as an Ant Christ acording to Interpretors, because Nostradamus mentioned in his description that This man would be always seen in a suit, or something along those lines. Its true in every image i see of Hitler he is in a suit, but how many other famous or infamous leaders where suits. Because of all the atrocities Adolf caused, its easy to point towards him and its a clasic case of forcing the answer to the question for the sake of proving Nostradamus corect.
        Every explanation must be taken with a grain of salt.

Also regarding the 3rd Anti christ, i have read somewhere it will be a non practicing Jew. This is where Henry Kisingers name pops in. There are many other peices of Biblical evidance that points to Henry Kissinger. One thing that realy stands out for me, is how many times do you see his head in all major discusions in the world, be it at UN level, EU level, recently he was in the climate change confrence. (Quote from wiki) He served as National Security Advisor and later concurrently as Secretary of State in the Nixon Administration. After his term, his opinion was still sought out by many following presidents. A proponent of Realpolitik, Kissinger played a dominant role in United States foreign policy between 1969 and 1977. of Kissinger Associates, an international consulting firm. Kissinger was the "most frequent visitor" to the George W. Bush White House as an unofficial political adviser on Israel and the Middle East—including the invasion and occupation of Iraq. The man just does not Die or Go's away.
        Last edited by Bill77; 12-29-2009, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

17:3 He carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet-colored animal, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns.
          I can't remember if I saw her in Las Vegas or Thailand this year. But I did see her.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            I can't remember if I saw her in Las Vegas or Thailand this year. But I did see her.
            It was the Alcahol or those cookies you ate Risto. stay away from Them. lol

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
              I am no Biblical expert. But then again we have so many diferant religions which is proof that Gods words can be interpreted many ways and therefor its not Black and white for the Modern society. We must remember that when the apostles wrote there scriptures, they wrote it for the people in there days to understand. How could The perseptions and understanding of the biblical days be diferant to modern day? look at it this way, Life was black and white back then. with out all the modern technology and poluted minds, life was quite simple. They looked at things diferant to the way we would see it now.

Lets look at The Book of Revelations now. What is Revelations? Just like Daniel in the old Testament, They are visions that were shown to John the apostle from God about the future.

Now we must be careful when we try to interpret the future which once again was translated in the eyes of a Man from a diferant era that looked at things that did not quite make sence. For an example, The Book Of Revelations mentions stars falling from the sky, What John could have been shown could have posibly been commets, or nuclear bombs or evan something more obvious to us Airplanes. But if John has never seen something like airplanes or Bombs, How does he explain and put pen to paper descibing his vision.

I am not here to preach the Gosple or act like i am Mr know it all. But i think this would be interesting subject for all off us as a group to discuss and to decipher The meanings of Revelations. There is no right or wrong answer. Just a posibility and we would hopefuly know once the predictions come true, what The apostle John meant.

Next post i will explain my theories on "Revelations chapter 12". To some it might sound wacky, but to a few it might be food for thought. In my opinion, it is related to the EU
              Life was black and white back then. with out all the modern technology and poluted minds, life was quite simple

Do you really think so...?
              I think people had exactly the same concerns as they do today...where their next meal was coming from, to look after their family and to provide for them as best as they can...thats the "Black and White" element...the luxury is in colour.

The Book Of Revelations mentions stars falling from the sky

That's an easy one...that signifies the fall of the American Empire

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                Life was black and white back then. with out all the modern technology and poluted minds, life was quite simple

Do you really think so...?
                I think people had exactly the same concerns as they do today...where their next meal was coming from, to look after their family and to provide for them as best as they can...thats the "Black and White" element...the luxury is in colour.

The Book Of Revelations mentions stars falling from the sky

That's an easy one...that signifies the fall of the American Empire
                Hi Phoenix,
                I think people had exactly the same concerns as they do today...where their next meal was coming from, to look after their family and to provide for them as best as they can...thats the "Black and White" element...the luxury is in colour

This was true since the days of Adam and will never change. But what i was trying to say, and did a bad job of explaining was, we don't need to think or work for our selves as much anymore. We have technology to do everything for us. Surley our thought prosess and development as humans are diferant compared to them days. We have the Tech to make life better, but we don't realise that life is in fact more complicated. How many times has that ATM taken our credit cards? How much money do we spend on servicing our cars because we no longer can repair them at home because we need computers to service them? How many times do we see our children who are on the net or playstation all day long? what would there life expectancy be now that they don't exercise as much and eat chemicly infested and modified food? My parents used to be amased with things we did and came home with when we were kids, and we are talking only of 1 generation diferance.

That's an easy one...that signifies the fall of the American Empire Quite possible Phoenix. No one can be certain of what John ike i said i don't think that he him self would have been certain. What if we jump on a time machine and go 1000 years in future just for a few minutes. no dought you will see many things that you have not seen and how will you describe it?

Getting back to the 12 stars, from revelation 12, call it prophetic or you can call it coincidental that there are more than twelve nations in the EU, but they kept the 12 stars.

Comment

• Spartan
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                  Strangely enaugh Spartan, just last night i was listening to Dr Chuck Missler on CD and he claims exactly what you mention. He uses The Book of Daniel as referances rather than Revelations. I find all this fasinating stuff.
                  I like this kind of stuff too. If you havent already, I would recomend watching the film called 'The Omen" starring Gregory Peck. It was made sometime in the 70s, and deals with all this revelations and prophecy buisiness. I enjoyed it.
                  I have heard many Good and convincing arguments on who is the 3rd Anti Christ. Names came up from Hitler to Henry Kissinger and all have shown many scriptures that fit with these people.
                  Ive heard both Bushes too. As well as Clinton.
                  He infact predicted Hitler as an Ant Christ acording to Interpretors, because Nostradamus mentioned in his description that This man would be always seen in a suit, or something along those lines.
                  He also predicted that this mans name would be 'Hister".
                  A pretty eerie coincidence at the least.

As for the 3rd antichrist, he will be born out of the eternal sea, and all on earth except the 144 000 chosen will follow him, and accept him as a god. Or something like that.

I dont believe in all this shit, but it certainly makes for good conversation.

Oh, and can you guys tone down the red text please. Thank-you.

joking.....
                  Last edited by Spartan; 12-29-2009, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Bill77,

Mankind is a highly adaptive animal, every generation needs to be better than the last for progress to continue but the fundementals are exactly the same for each generation, the fears and concerns are basically... food, shelter and protecting the offspring.

In 30 years time nearly every disease known to man will be eliminated, genetic engineering and modification will enable man for the first time to control or greatly influence his destiny...parents will have the ability to 'design' their offspring to contain certain predetermined 'specs'...

'The Brave New World' is already on our doorsteps...evolution is about to make an exponential leap that will ultimately challenge every religious concept of man...

Comment

• I of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Interesting, not something i'd personally like to ponder too much on though.

I think (not sure) it was Einstein that once said that as long as there are men in this world there will be war.

However I know he did say that I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones.
                      No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Daniel 11:37
                        "He shall regard neither the God of his fathers nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall exalt himself above them all. But in their place he shall honor a god of fortresses; and a god which his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and pleasant things. Thus he shall act against the strongest fortresses with a foreign god, which he shall acknowledge and advance its glory; and he shall cause them to rule over many, and divide the land for gain".

According to Daniel 11:37, The Antichrist will be a non religious Jew.
                        "nor the desire of women" It can also be read as "desirable of women" which is understood as a reference to Israel. In Song of Songs ( Solomon) 5:9 Israel is referred to as "fairest of women".

The person in question neither cares for the God of his fathers nor Israel.

An Evangelist (that i once had the pleasure of attending his seminar) predicted this anti Christ "could" be Henry Kissinger who is a Non practicing Jew and his name some how adds up to 666. I can't remember how the mathematics of his name works, but i will try to find it, along with other bits of information that is eye opening regarding the USA, New World Order and Henry Kissinger. Ofcourse you should take this with a grain of salt, but its interesting reading.

Though i am starting to think George Soros is this anti Christ.
                        According to Daniel11:37,
                        This person in question is a non practicing Jew.
                        George Soros is a Non Practicing Jew

who honors silver and gold,
                        We know how influential money is to him and his powers.

Thus he shall act against the strongest fortresses with a foreign god
                        This is the biggest give away. George Soros is most famous for taking on the "strongest fortress" (Bank of England) in what is known in the Banking world and foreign exchange as BLACK WEDNESDAY
                        In British politics and economics, Black Wednesday refers to the events of 16 September 1992 when the Conservative government was forced to withdraw the pound sterling from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism (ERM) after they were unable to keep sterling above its agreed lower limit. George Soros, the most high profile of the currency market investors, made over US$1 billion profit by short selling sterling.
                        In 1997 the UK Treasury estimated the cost of Black Wednesday at £3.4 billion, with the actual cost being £3.3 billion which was revealed in 2005 under the Freedom of Information Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Wednesday
                        Note the coincidence between the bible term used "Silver" and the British currency commonly called "Sterling". or is it no coincidence?

Note also how the bible says "He will act with a foreign God" Money is worshiped like God by some, in this particular God (money) Soros used was the sterling and foreign to him.

which he shall acknowledge and advance its glory; and he shall cause them to rule over many, and divide the land for gain".
                        Well do i need to explain this?
                        Last edited by Bill77; 12-28-2010, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• fyrOM
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2010

There is a much older thread where I and others discused our interpretations of The Book of Revelations. I cant remember exactly which thread but it covers a lot of the imagery used ie the heads horns purple robes ect. But know one thing it was promised the Roman Empire will never form again…each time it gets too close to doing it again it busts up so the eu is inevitably due to bust up.

Comment

• fyrOM
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2010

Maybe side topics like this…although extremely interesting…could be kept in one side thread...mods. Eg like the ufo or technology thread I created to keept site on he core topic ie Macedonian matters both direct and indirect.

Comment

• makedonin
                              • Sep 2008

The Revelation as well other parts of the Bible are written in such manner that anyone will read in what he wants to read and understand.

But before reading the rest, one should start with the beginning:

A revelation of Jesus Christ, that God gave to him, to shew to his servants what things it behoveth to come to pass quickly; and he did signify [it], having sent through his messenger to his servant John,
                              Revelation 1:1
                              Other Bible versions translate this part as soon, or shortly:

The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John
                              This is what God showed to Jesus Christ, so that he could tell his servants what must happen soon. Christ then sent his angel with the message to his servant John.
                              It nearness of the events to pass was stressed over and over again:

And he said to me, `These words [are] stedfast and true, and the Lord God of the holy prophets did send His messenger to shew to His servants the things that it behoveth to come quickly:
                              ....Lo, I (Jesus) come quickly; happy [is] he who is keeping the words of the prophecy of this scroll.'.....And lo, I come quickly, and my reward [is] with me, to render to each as his work shall be;....he saith -- who is testifying these things -- `Yes, I come quickly!' Amen! Yes, be coming, Lord Jesus!
                              Revelation 22:6;7;12;20
                              Soon is not in two thousand years. He is talking to common people, to people who are eagerly waiting and hope for the change and their reward to come.

Because that understanding others have scoffed them as they have said:
                              Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”
                              2 Peter 3:3-4
                              They response might be the one of the first apologies which went like this:
                              But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
                              2 Peter 3:8
                              But if that is so, than the message failed to be communicated through, since nowhere else that I am aware is said that the this is so, and human measurements are used, such as near, soon, quick.

That Gods day is not thousand years we can see from how the Jews have looked at the days of the Lord.

It is said in Genesis that God have created all the things in the first six days and the seventh day was the resting day, the Sabath, so the Jews had to rest too, as their lord has done so.

They did not rest in every seven thousand years, but every seventh day in the week.

Make out of that what you will, it is up to you.
                              Last edited by makedonin; 12-28-2010, 02:44 PM.
                              To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

Working...
                              X