Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thessalo-niki
    replied
    Something about Asia Minor, the relation between Greeks, Turks and Armenians. A great introduction, but look especially the part between 5 to 8 minutes.
    This is the most "Greek" movie by Elia Kazan, America, America (1963) telling the story of his family and how they ended up in America.
    (In English language)
    YouTube - America America

Leave a comment:

• Makedonetz
    replied
    Keep thinking that Smotan

What is your purpose here Arvanite? Were you kicked out of every other forum you had to show up here and disgrace our forums? Go hang out with your "People" and bang heads on how to get your asses out of debt

Leave a comment:

• thessalo-niki
    replied
    Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
    Thessa
    Hmmmm interesting you guys support biggots who deny macedonians exist but he lives in Florina where 50% of the Pop is Ethnic Macedonians. Man he must hide in his house with the windows closed or does he talk macedonian to think hes a Grkomani?
    Thessa does all his movies have a plot to destroy the macedonian Image you guys regaurd him as some god in Greece? Hell he should be the new Zeus in your hellenized world
    You are about 160 degrees wrong, which means you're very careless. Check it again.

Leave a comment:

• thessalo-niki
    replied
    Something lighter. Zorba the Greek (1964) the best Greek film of the 60s and an international hit. This is the famous uplifting ending and what Kazantzakis (copying Nietzsche), Cacoyiannis and Theodorakis present as tragic optimism.
    (In English language)
    YouTube - Zorba's Dance, Including The Barbecue Party

Leave a comment:

• Makedonetz
    replied
    Thessa

Hmmmm interesting you guys support biggots who deny macedonians exist but he lives in Florina where 50% of the Pop is Ethnic Macedonians. Man he must hide in his house with the windows closed or does he talk macedonian to think hes a Grkomani?

Thessa does all his movies have a plot to destroy the macedonian Image you guys regaurd him as some god in Greece? Hell he should be the new Zeus in your hellenized world

By David Edenden

"The Secret Book", a film written by Jordan Plevnes, is Macedonia's entry to the Cannes film festival. I can't wait to see this movie. Fiachra has a good sense of humour.

Like her, I smell a plot! I think she should look into the Greek film Ulysses' Gaze, by Theo Angelopoulos through the prism of Greek treatment of its Macedonian minority. We will find a real plot there!

For a Great Greek Director, Who Lives in Florina, Macedonians Don't Exist

By David Edenden

The Facts:

1. Fiachra Gibbons interviews Greek director Theo Angelopoulos.

2. She know he lives in Florina where 50% of the residents are ethnic Macedonians.

3. She does not ask him how he can live with people, yet ignore their existence in his movies.

Leave a comment:

• thessalo-niki
    replied
    The travelling players

YouTube - The Travelling Players Part 18
    Probably, the greatest scene of Greek cinema. The Travelling Players (1975) by Theo Angelopoulos, is considered by foreign critics as the best Greek movie of all times.
    (This is a sort of a cinematic answer to Bill77. It contains subtitles)

Leave a comment:

• thessalo-niki
    replied
    Greek poetry

Since Odysseas Elytis is in my signature, here's a part of his greatest work (a love poem) Monogramma.
    YouTube - Καρυοφυλλιά Καραμπ*τη - Το Μονόγραμμα
    (unfortunately, for Greek speakers only)

Leave a comment:

• Makedonetz
    replied
    did they invent river dancing LOl

Leave a comment:

• Bill77
    replied
    LOL............ Bulgarian patriotic song "Glory to Great Bugarksa"
    The guy looks Greek though....

YouTube - Bulgarian patriotic song "Glory to Great Bugarksa"

Leave a comment:

• Daniel the Great
    replied
    Originally posted by thessalo-niki View Post
    No, I don't disagree. I don't know who you are (unless I know you from maknews). I guess you can share you ancestors' story here, or provide a link if you already have done so.
    There is no need to tell you or anyone my family history (ancestors story), i have already stated i am Macedonian, that is good enough.
    So i suggest you respect and accept that fact.

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    Thanks for the history lesson, good to see you being open about it.

The standard still applies, respect my people by their Macedonian name, and you will be fine here.

Leave a comment:

• thessalo-niki
    replied
    Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    I think I may know who you are though.

Previously on this thread there was another person with a near-exact same username, and the exact same quote as a signature.
    YouTube - You're Good

You won't be receiving warnings and grace periods. Let's see how long you can hold back for now. By the way, who are you at Maknews?
    I got banned there too, a little before I return here. Yet, I survived there for 2 or 3 months (in MTF I had been twice in the past, I was always banned at the first day). Some things are better here, other things are better there. I had the same signature in maknews.

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    I think I may know who you are though.

Previously on this thread there was another person with a near-exact same username, and the exact same quote as a signature.
    Our name is our soul - Odysseas Elytis
    See: http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...?t=2320&page=4

Have you learned the difference between a person that is Macedonian in an ethno-linguistic sense as opposed to a person with mere geographic origins from Macedonia? If you haven't, do yourself a favour and disappear from here. If you have, refer to my people only by their real and historic name, Macedonians.

You won't be receiving warnings and grace periods. Let's see how long you can hold back for now. By the way, who are you at Maknews?

Leave a comment:

• thessalo-niki
    replied
    Originally posted by daniel the great View Post
    Solun, can I ask what your purpose is in this forum?
    What are you here for?
    Well, I'm interested in the Macedonian Question and the name dispute. Also, probably 1/3rd of the threads here are about Greece.
    And also, I am Macedonian my people are Macedonians. Do you understand? Or do you disagree with that? If so I don't think this is the place for you.
    No, I don't disagree. I don't know who you are (unless I know you from maknews). I guess you can share you ancestors' story here, or provide a link if you already have done so.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel the Great
    replied
    Solun, can I ask what your purpose is in this forum?
    What are you here for?
    And also, I am Macedonian my people are Macedonians. Do you understand? Or do you disagree with that? If so I don't think this is the place for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X