X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amphipolis
    replied
    Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
    By the way, could you please elaborate on your efforts to have the real Indian composers credited with the songs? Why do you think, in the year 2018, these Indian songs are still officially credited to the Greek "composers"?
    My only explanation is that someone has to take the case to court and the involved parties (e.g. Indian companies and credit holders) don't give a shit.

The No 1 site that has all Greek songs, lyrics and credits is this
    Μια τεράστια συλλογή στίχων, ποιημάτων και μεταφράσεών τους σε πολλές ξένες γλώσσες.

and it won't change the composers' names though theft and appropriation is obvious.

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
    There are also countless Arabic, Turkish and other songs that were copied and appropriated -- which still seem to be explained away as originally Greek or as legitimate heritage of the refugees. Do you know much about this?
    No, there are no countless cases and I can inform you about the real composer for any specific case you're interested in.

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    She looks quite Greek to me.

Leave a comment:

• Amphipolis
    replied
    Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Decent combination of Balkan and modern music. I'd rather watch k pop females dancing than those farm girls.
    It's not so obvious but the girl is a... Sub-Saharan Greek, a Greek-Sudanese.

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    Decent combination of Balkan and modern music. I'd rather watch k pop females dancing than those farm girls.

Leave a comment:

• macorules94
    replied
    ^good song

Leave a comment:

• Amphipolis
    replied
    The new Greek mega-hit and a look of Athens ghetto

P.O.P. EP • OUT NOW Listen here: https://MarinaSatti.lnk.to/POPMARINA SATTI - ΜΑΝΤΙΣΣΑFollow on Instagram: http://bit.ly/MarinaSattiInstagram...

Leave a comment:

• Sweet Sixteen
    replied
    Originally posted by George S. View Post
    ss why don't you include the elgin marbles taken by the british.How about other countries that have taken other countries archaeological digs.It all ends up either on the black market or their museums.I'm in complete agreement that the marbles should be returned to the rightfull owners./I hear even Russia has Macedonian treasures??
    Here it is, in a bizarre video. As you can see, Greeks try all sorts of arguments.

Not a Statue - the Parthenon protest video - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• George S.
    replied
    ss why don't you include the elgin marbles taken by the british.How about other countries that have taken other countries archaeological digs.It all ends up either on the black market or their museums.I'm in complete agreement that the marbles should be returned to the rightfull owners./I hear even Russia has Macedonian treasures??

Leave a comment:

• Sweet Sixteen
    replied
    Greek Sculpture

Greek statues display and exhibit at the Louvre, Paris - YouTube

Ancient Greek Sculptures in the Shadows - YouTube

Tracing the Colors of Ancient Sculpture - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• George S.
    replied
    at least they should have the curtesy to get the artists permission.Then they would have to pay royalties.Then that won't be called stealing.I wonder if you can have a copyright extend from one country to another or is their copyright on the songs.Maybe they haven't thought about copyright.Even if they had copyright is it worthwhile chasing the courts for the money.Remember Esma rejepova & her song with borat the film.She took them to court for non payment of royalties?

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    I'd say they all steal.
    And that's very normal.
    Even Stairway to heaven will have it's day in court soon.

Leave a comment:

• George S.
    replied
    Julie youre so right that they steal our songs & dances.Many instances I have been invited to greek weddings I find that the band is playing & singing in greek to Macedonian music which they stole.Julie I'm not sure if you remember the singing & dancing of children in florina.Macedonian music & dancing they called it Greek music & dancing.Of course we reconized our own music strait away.
    as well the Bulgarians regularly steal our music and call it Bulgarian music it is actually Macedonian.Sio brazen it is that they tried to steal makedonsko devojce kitka sharena.Beautifull Macedonian girl.Oh no its Bulgarian they said.Its like the Macedonians stealing the Maria me greek song the greeks would be up in arms.So what could one say its outright thieving.

Leave a comment:

• Sweet Sixteen
    replied
    The three best songs (that I can think of) based on Sappho's poetry. All of them are from 1970s and early 1980s.

Σαπφώ, Ατθίδα - YouTube

Νυχτωδία - Σαπφώ-Μιχάλης Τερζής-Ν*να Βενετσάνου - YouTube

Hadjidakis-Dadonaki: I Beseech you Gongyla - Κ*λομαί σε Γογγύλα - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• julie
    replied
    I cant stand listening to the music of any of our oppressors, being Bulgarian, Greek or Serbian
    I also can't stand the stealing of our songs!

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    Here is a Bulgarian girl called Nevena singing an old Rhodope/Thracian song. The sound of the gajda is quite captivating, it wouldn't sound out of place in Macedonia also as we have some songs with a similar style of tunes.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X