Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    There are Macedonian Muslims who live in Turkey today as a result of the Greece-Turkey population exchange, and I have seen clips of them where they sing traditional Macedonian songs. I doubt that Turkey would claim them as traditionally Turkish songs. What do Turks claim as theirs which is actually Greek?

Leave a comment:

• Voltron
    replied
    Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Voltron, those 'regional' dances are Turkish, because Turks lived in that region. I don't think Onur was suggesting that they stop practicing such customs, he was merely highlighting the fact that they are Turkish but are being presented as 'Greek'.
    If our friend Onur feels they are Christian Turks, then he will have to account for the Muslim Greeks on his side of the fence presenting their traditions as " Turkish ".

He seems to forget that in order to have a population exchange you need a minimum of at least two countries participating.

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    Voltron, those 'regional' dances are Turkish, because Turks lived in that region. I don't think Onur was suggesting that they stop practicing such customs, he was merely highlighting the fact that they are Turkish but are being presented as 'Greek'.

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Voltron View Post
    Onur, the dances are Capodocian. Are they supposed to stop practicing their regional dances because they were forced to move to Macedonia ? Christian Turks ? Pandering much lately ?
    And Capodocians are instantly Greek are they?

Leave a comment:

• Voltron
    replied
    Originally posted by Onur View Post
    These people are so-called Greek Macedonians from Kavala, formerly christian Turks but today`s Hellenes. I think they are doing some cultural exhibition in a theater called Alexander the Great in Kavala. They wear their late 19th century costumes, sing and dance but the thing is, these Greek Macedonians in Alexander the Great theater sings in Turkish!!!;
    Onur, the dances are Capodocian. Are they supposed to stop practicing their regional dances because they were forced to move to Macedonia ? Christian Turks ? Pandering much lately ?

Leave a comment:

• George S.
    replied
    they'll steal vojo's golema svadba,& makedonsko devojce kitka sarena.They do it as they got no respect or anything they are just thieves.

Leave a comment:

• Onur
    replied
    These people are so-called Greek Macedonians from Kavala, formerly christian Turks but today`s Hellenes. I think they are doing some cultural exhibition in a theater called Alexander the Great in Kavala. They wear their late 19th century costumes, sing and dance but the thing is, these Greek Macedonians in Alexander the Great theater sings in Turkish!!!;

YouTube - Λ*ιλαλουμ, Ν. Καβάλας (Χοροστάσι, "Αλ*ξανδρος")

YouTube - Χαρμάν γερί + Βάρα βάρα Καππαδοκία

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    I was actually looking for male costumes to make a comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Makedonetz
    replied
    SoM what about this?

Girl in Turkish Costume with Tambourine
    c.1738/43

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    Originally posted by Onur View Post
    Pssstt, no, no, no ...

These are surely from ancient Greek times. If it`s Greek, then it`s at least 4000 year old, didn't you get that yet?
    Onur, can you show us some traditional Turkish costumes that resemble the above? I am sure it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Leave a comment:

• Makedonska_Kafana
    replied
    Prosfygas

YouTube - Stelios Kazantzidis Konyalı (Κόνιαλης)

Leave a comment:

• Onur
    replied
    Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    The first, second and fourth certainly do look like they have a Turkish 'touch' to them.
    Pssstt, no, no, no ...

These are surely from ancient Greek times. If it`s Greek, then it`s at least 4000 year old, didn't you get that yet?

Leave a comment:

• Makedonska_Kafana
    replied
    you must be 60?

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    They're the traditional Greek costumes? The first, second and fourth certainly do look like they have a Turkish 'touch' to them.

Leave a comment:

• Bill77
    replied
    Greek traditional folklore costumes. or are they Greek
    All the photos below are from a site displaying the types of costumes available which you can bye. If anyone is interested in purchasing a fancy dress costume, contact me and i will fwd the link

This first costume is a Asia Minor & Pontos outfit.
    I swear its the character from the movie Aladin.
    Very Ali Baba like.

Next we have a costume allegedly from "Epirus".
    Again, very Arabian like.

Speaking of Albanian. You can't get more Albanian than this.
    Apparently, its from the Peloponese Region.
    Check out the Hat. is that not similar the "The Qeleshe" the traditional hat of the various peoples of the Caucaus mountain region that the Albanians claim as their own?

Now you can't get more Turk look than this. Its the "Pasha" look.
    This comes under the "Aegean Islands & Cyclades" look
    Last edited by Bill77; 01-13-2011, 06:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X