X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makedonetz
    replied
    Bill JohnMKD

That sound has a somewhat sound of the Florina Western Macedonia area dont you think? Its interesting the different types of music and tones from different parts of Macedonia :rmacedonia

Leave a comment:

• johnMKD
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
    Just heard it again John. I now know what. You mean. It does sound Macedonian music but a Greek song.

I don't know where I heard the music that sounds something you would dance the chiftetli from. My bad.
    Maybe you just had heard another version of it. Who knows how many "remixes" they have come up with it in order to make it sound more Greek. However, the version that I know is this one and seems to be more "nas".

Leave a comment:

• Bill77
    replied
    Understand, I would have to listen to it again to give an opinion on the music once I get internet again. This blackberry is driving me nuts. From memory though it did not sound anything like macedonian Mabe because the musical instruments used gave it to much a Greek /Turkish chiftateli sound......if you know what I mean.
    Just heard it again John. I now know what. You mean. It does sound Macedonian music but a Greek song.

I don't know where I heard the music that sounds something you would dance the chiftetli from. My bad.

Leave a comment:

• Bill77
    replied
    Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
    I was referring merely to the music, Bill. I said that to me it seems to be definitely Macedonian. But I'm no expert on this, so I don't know. However, the lyrics are Greek and my thought was that maybe they used a Macedonian song with Greek lyrics.
    Understand, I would have to listen to it again to give an opinion on the music once I get internet again. This blackberry is driving me nuts. From memory though it did not sound anything like macedonian Mabe because the musical instruments used gave it to much a Greek /Turkish chiftateli sound......if you know what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• johnMKD
    replied
    I know what 'mans mou' means John I was only being silly with mousaka who gave us a silly propaganda clip trying to prove there is macedonia and its Greek. You seem to also think it was a macedonian song John. Please explain how it is macedonian and why can't I understand the lyrics.
    I was referring merely to the music, Bill. I said that to me it seems to be definitely Macedonian. But I'm no expert on this, so I don't know. However, the lyrics are Greek and my thought was that maybe they used a Macedonian song with Greek lyrics.

Leave a comment:

• Bill77
    replied
    Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
    The music seems to be definitely Macedonian. But the lyrics are quite touching and refer to those who live in foreign countries away from home. "Mana mou" means "my mother" (moja majka, if I'm not mistaken ).
    I know what 'mans mou' means John I was only being silly with mousaka who gave us a silly propaganda clip trying to prove there is macedonia and its Greek. You seem to also think it was a macedonian song John. Please explain how it is macedonian and why can't I understand the lyrics.

Leave a comment:

• johnMKD
    replied
    By the way, ......... What is 'manamooOooooo' its definetly not Macedonian. Is it some kind of cow call????
    The music seems to be definitely Macedonian. But the lyrics are quite touching and refer to those who live in foreign countries away from home. "Mana mou" means "my mother" (moja majka, if I'm not mistaken ).

Leave a comment:

• Makedonetz
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Mousaka View Post
    Oh My

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by Onur View Post
    [CENTER]I wonder if Greece would have any proper cuisine and music culture today if christian Turks wouldn't bring all these culture to Greece.
    We would have had to settle for the Rennaisance...thank god you guys came along...

Leave a comment:

• Bill77
    replied
    By the way, ......... What is 'manamooOooooo' its definetly not Macedonian. Is it some kind of cow call????

Leave a comment:

• Bill77
    replied
    now that was very misleading and If the song was for sale I would return it and complain for false advertisement. When I read 'Macedonian Song' I was expecting to understand the lyrics, being Macedonian myself, but how disapointig the lyrics are grik and I have no doubt there are a few Turkish words in there. And don't get me started on the musical instruments used in this song.

Leave a comment:

• Onur
    replied
    Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
    Giorgos Dalaras

You know music has no arguments, quarrels, which i wish people could do aswell.

This song is ofc came from central Anatolia to Greece like most of other songs in there. I gotta say that Dalaras`s performance is quite good tough. Dalaras sings with down tempo but this is Turkish version of same song. There is "kanun" solo at the start. Song starts at 2:50min.;

YouTube - (Alp Arslan) Ham meyvayi kopardilar dalindan

I wonder if Greece would have any proper cuisine and music culture today if christian Turks wouldn't bring all these culture to Greece.

Btw, Bulgarians have any music culture? Whenever i heard a tune from Bulgaria, all the musicians was gypsies and songs was gypsy style, nothing else. I know it because the gypsies in Turkey does exact same style of music here as in Bulgaria. You know, Gypsies are usually very good musicians.
    Last edited by Onur; 06-20-2010, 06:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Mousaka
    replied
    No Mr Makedonetz..I like Azis...
    YouTube - Malina i Azis - Chernite ochi

and ORKE PELE...
    YouTube - ORK PELE & Celo ( MK-Strumica )
    Last edited by Mr Mousaka; 06-20-2010, 02:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Makedonetz
    replied
    Giorgos Dalaras

You know music has no arguments, quarrels, which i wish people could do aswell.

Leave a comment:

• Makedonetz
    replied
    Mr Mousaka

Do you like Nana Mouskouri

Man dont miss the 80's at all LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X