Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

they are probably on the big fat payroll in the secret service doing buggerall.THat's why cultea is here to spy on us & report back what the skopians are upto
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

So how much did the general strike cost today? All in all, how much money was lost?
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• El Bre
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
        You gotta wonder how many of our little bouzouki playing friends that come here in between smashing plates are on the payrolls of the 'greek' intelligence services.

One of the more interesting aspects of the current imbroglio that burdens the 'greeks' is how do they maintain their arms purchases in competition with Turkey, who is growing as a regional powerhouse, or their network of spies that are embedded in every minority village across the country, how do they keep thugs like Golden Dawn on the payroll and continue other menacing practices that have been employed for the last 100 years.

This form of state sponsored terrorism is an institution in modern greece, how it survives after the bankruptcy of the state will be most interesting.
        Good questions all. I think that Greece will always be propped up as long as it remains the jewel of the west. Perusing the "From the once classified" thread has been very useful in providing an insight into the role Greece played during the cold war and how it was rewarded for that role.

The internal stuff I'm not sure about, but, there will always be money for military industrial purchases. Somebody will pay, it just depends who's interests are at stake.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

EB, respectfully .... it is much more like an anus than a jewel nowadays. It will be interesting times ahead but I can't see the present leadership of Macedonia seizing any opportunities at this point.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• El Bre
            • Sep 2008

It may be an anus RtG, but, they still appear willing to spread ointment on it's hemorroids.

Your right though, the goal seems to be wide open at the moment...do the Macedonian politicos have the nerve to take the shot?
            Last edited by El Bre; 10-05-2011, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Coolski
              • Sep 2008

What do you think the Macedonian politicians should do at this point, while Greece has lost most all of its political mileage? Do you think that this would be a good time to withdraw from the negotiations and apply for the UN's full recognition of Macedonia? Are we still at risk of a UN security council veto from France?
              - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
              - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Coolski View Post
                What do you think the Macedonian politicians should do at this point, while Greece has lost most all of its political mileage? Do you think that this would be a good time to withdraw from the negotiations and apply for the UN's full recognition of Macedonia? Are we still at risk of a UN security council veto from France?
                Great idea, how can France veto us when they are up shit creek themselves economically thanks to Greece.
                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                  It may be an anus RtG, but, they still appear willing to spread ointment on it's hemorroids.

Your right though, the goal seems to be wide open at the moment...do the Macedonian politicos have the nerve to take the shot?
                  There is an element of "Greek style" to your post EB.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

The problem is that doing this simply because Greece has lost political mileage shows Macedonia to be lacking in principles on the issue. This should simply be done because it is the only choice for a sovereign nation. Not because the time is now right.

But I understand your point.

I think nothing will be done because the allure of EU money making scams is too exquisite for the Macedonian politicians.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

France would definitely veto your application unless some major political changes happens in there, something like a victory by Marine le Pen in 2012 French elections. France is also THE country who vetoes your NATO integration. There was several wikileaks docs about how French politicians doing pressure to US officials to refuse Macedonia`s application `till you obey EU demands.

Btw, just saw these in youtube. Today`s protests in Greece, the professional riot dog in action;
                      Video: Riot police storm Athens metro during strike demo - YouTube
                      Greek austerity clashes with police - more video - YouTube

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Are we still at risk of a UN security council veto from France?
                        A veto in relation to what?
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

This is the official position of the MTO Inc. on the matter:

The MTO Inc. again calls on the Macedonian Government to declare the Interim Accord ‘null and void’, and in doing so, end all negotiations concerning Macedonia’s name, which only the Macedonians themselves have a right to determine. The MTO Inc. further urges the Macedonian Government to simply inform the United Nations of its official state name as "Republic of Macedonia" for conventional long-form purposes and "Macedonia" for conventional short-form purposes, without undertaking unnecessarily complicated readmission procedures which will only further undermine Macedonian sovereignty.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

i think we are on the right track & the sooner the govt iations the better.
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• cultea
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              You gotta wonder how many of our little bouzouki playing friends that come here in between smashing plates are on the payrolls of the 'greek' intelligence services.

One of the more interesting aspects of the current imbroglio that burdens the 'greeks' is how do they maintain their arms purchases in competition with Turkey, who is growing as a regional powerhouse, or their network of spies that are embedded in every minority village across the country, how do they keep thugs like Golden Dawn on the payroll and continue other menacing practices that have been employed for the last 100 years.
                              The budget of the National Intelligence Services was about 49 mEuros (2010). Coincidentally the state subvention to the political parties was about the same (48 mEuros for 2010) but it is shared proportionally among the 6 parliamentary parties (of Greek or European Parliament).
                              I think that small parties like Rainbow Party or Golden Dawn take no money at all or possibly receive a smaller proportional compensation before elections (probably based on the results of previous elections).
                              The 1:1 arms competition against Turkey has been lost (I believe) since the 80s, but we'll do our best anyway.
                              All the above 2010 figures are of course reduced comparing to previous years.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                                • Sep 2010

Who is the police suppose to protect and who is it suppose to arrest? it seems the opposite in greece.

Comment

Working...
                                X