View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 04:31 AM   #29
Rogi

Rogi is on a distinguished road

I'll confirm without reservation that UMD does not want and will not support any compromise whatsoever on the part of the Republic of Macedonia.

There is no basis for which Macedonia should compromise even though Macedonia has unfortunately already compromised more than enough (which it should never have done in the first place).

More importantly however, for Macedonia to 'compromise' (and even negotiate with that purpose) is fundamentally wrong and brings into question the sovereignty of the Republic of Macedonia and the very purpose of existence of the Republic of Macedonia.

UMD does not acknowledge any 'grievances' from the Greek side. That's just absurd when you consider what they have done to our people and the manner in which they continue to oppress our people.

We are fighting against the Greeks and their treatment of the Macedonian people in Aegean Macedonia and there would be no sense in any Macedonian acknowledging or accepting the new Greek attempts against the Macedonian people OUTSIDE of the modern Greek borders.

Some people in UMD are a little more diplomatic than I am in their written responses, or anything that can go on record, and will answer more diplomatically than I will and so the response you will get will not be as straight forward as what I will give, but the idea behind it is.

Within UMD, some may have different ideas or opinions than I do on some questions. Actually and more specifically it is mostly differing opinions on methods of attack or prioritising different aspects of the Macedonian cause.

However, overall, after it comes down to internal discussions, disagreements, arguments and finally votes, the general direction of UMD toward the Macedonian Cause is, I believe, aligned with the views of the absolute majority of the Macedonian Diaspora and aligned with what most of us on the forum define as the Macedonian cause and its subsequent goals.

I hope that answer is clear and concise enough to your question? This all above is why I'd like to say to Pelister that what he says about UMD is incorrect. He may have the (correct or incorrect) view of an individual at UMD and may disagree with their views and opinions or even some statements they have made, but that does not represent the views of the organisation and I assure you that if a statement is made which is not in accordance with the view of UMD, such as the one that Meto did make on one video clip posted on the internet, there are repercussions internally and in fact that internal discussion that took place after the statement I am talking about was quite defining and clarifying.

UMD's position is now clear and unwavering, there have been mistakes on UMD's part as with any organisation but I say the best way to make sure the leading organisations and the few active organisations that we have is to get involved with them and help steer them and ensure they maintain the right path for the Macedonian cause.

Last edited by Rogi; 01-01-2009 at 04:37 AM.
Rogi is offline   Reply With Quote