Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Niko77, Who is putting 100% trust into them? We criticize them all the time but the difference in criticism shouldn't just be negative all the time.

I have seen photos of some statues going Green however they are insured and naturally they need to be maintained not just left there to rot. Thats one thing that need too be looked at very seriously, building something an object,a statue,a house,a garden should not just be built and forgotten they need to maintain it all the time thats the hardest part.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Ljubanec
      • Nov 2010

Macedonia has so much corruption that we can not be certain that it was the politicians, the artist(s), or A1 that maybe lying.

The fact that Goce Delchev's statue is oxidizing at an alarming rate is disheartening. The air quality in Skopje is bad at times and their is hardly any upkeep with buildings let alone statues. Is this a recent statue or an older one?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Aleksandrov
        What is critical to note in the context of this anthem and the literary language is that ќ (for "kj') is one of the modern, post-WWII Macedonian introductions to the Cyrillic alphabet. Before that, this standard Cyrillic letter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Щ (pronounced as "scha" in Cyrillic generally or "shta" in modern Bulgarian) was used in written, albeit not codified, Macedonian. The exclusion of that letter from the Macedonian Cyrillic alphabet may well have had an influence on how Macedonian dialects subsequently evolved.
        Aleksandrov, I happened to stumble on this thread from a while ago, and just wanted to make a point on the highlighted part of your statement. Athough the letter ќ (for "kj') was introduced post-WWII, that sound was represented either by ке, кье or кѥ prior to this period in the majority of Macedonian dialects - as recorded by the likes of Shapkarev and the Miladinovci during the 19th century. The sound 'shche' and/or 'shte' was also used, but to a lesser degree, and was represented by the letter щ.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Aleksandar Makedonski Statue in Skopje

Here is what they've done so far, the Car Samoil statue will be close by and they've said just recently that the Krste Petkov Misirkov and the Jane Sandanski statues have arrived in Skopje and will be put up very soon.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Mactruth
            • Dec 2010

cant wait to see it finished, it seems like they are taking their time on it

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

DPMNE will be calling Alexander a historical figure.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Mastika
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by indigen
                Mr P., YOU are AGAIN SPREADING CHEAP VASSAL (Gruevski) government propaganda! And you are even adding to the DECEPTION by using Makedonski in the title - SRAMOTA!
                yes, Aleksandar Makedonski, SRAMOTA!! I guess they are erecting a statue of Aleksandar Kineski. You are the definition of a 'nutter'.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Mastika, feel free to read Miloshoski's recent letter about the significance of historical figures from Macedonia. You might start wondering who is in fact the nutter.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• indigen
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by Mastika View Post
                    yes, Aleksandar Makedonski, SRAMOTA!! I guess they are erecting a statue of Aleksandar Kineski. You are the definition of a 'nutter'.
                    Aren't you the lover (fan) of the Serbian Chetnik Whore's (aka CECA) TURBO FOLK music?

Yes, the statute, if it ever gets built and mounted, will officially be named "Aleksandar Veliki" (Alexander the Great) and it has been CLARIFIED BY GRUEVSKI and MILOSHOSKI (look for the info in the Gruevski thread topic on MTO) that it is only to pay homage to a regional historical figure (and according to IA and its political logic, it can not be related to modern Macedonians!). The terms of the "Interim Accord" (including renouncing of the sovereign flag of R. of Macedonia) and the current ICJ validation case only corroborates that the "Macedonian" (Ramkovist RM is no longer a Macedonian state!) Vassal state has OFFICIALLY RENOUNCED ALL connection to ancient Macedonians and ancient Macedonian heritage (which would imply that it belongs to the "Greeks"!). Thus Pasko Kuzman calls archaeological finds in RM from the Macedonian Period (ERA) as "Macedonian-Hellenic" (i.e. Greek, IMO!).

The following summary of the terms of the "Interim Accord" by Vangelovski will suffice to CONFIRM that our Indigenous (including ancient) Macedonian roots (heritage) has been chopped off, amongst the other FATALLY DETRIMENTAL DECONSTRUCTION DEEDS emanating from it:

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    Seeing as the letter of our amatuer Foreign Minister Milososki has recently come to light, it is perhaps timely to have a refresh on the Interim Accord for all the goldfish out there.

The full text of the Interim Accord (from the UN database) can be found here:

http://untreaty.un.org/unts/120001_1...3/00004456.pdf

Key Articles in the Interim Accord which Undermine Macedonian Sovereignty

a) Macedonia agrees to negotiate its name (Article 5);

b) Macedonia agrees to renounce all claims to its ethnic/historic territory and agrees NOT to pursue the rights of Macedonians not only in Greece but in ANY OTHER STATE (Article 6);

c) Macedonia agrees to renounce the Sonce as its national symbol AND any other symbols that Greece considers to be part of its historic or cultural heritage (Article 7); and

d) Macedonia agrees to only enter international organisations under FYROM (Article 11).

In addition, another article of interest is the following (I would not necessarily argue that this undermines Macedonian national sovereignty for the simple fact that the ICJ is a limitation on national sovereignty, it is nonetheless rather stupid):

e) Macedonia agrees that the two parties will not “resolve” the name dispute through the International Court of Justice – i.e., Igor Janev’s proposal (Article 21).
                    Last edited by indigen; 03-22-2011, 05:19 PM. Reason: Change link for a bad-sounding YouTube video clip to a much better one.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                      • Apr 2010

Can't wait to see the statue fully compleated!

Da živee MakedoniJa!
                      :rmacedonia
                      Makedoncite se borat
                      za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                      - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Mastika
                        • Feb 2010

Indigen, Prolet is not "SPREADING CHEAP VASSAL (Gruevski) government propaganda!" nor is he "DECEIVING" Macedonians, he is simply optimistic about the new statue, which I am sure we can all sympathise with.

I dont know why you are believing the politicians at all (in regards to the official name of the statue), when frankly they are all full of shit (as RtG pointed our re: the foreign minister).

Rather than being somewhat elucidated by the fact that a massive statue is being erected in the middle of Skopje, all you seem to be able to come up with is cheap attacks and negativity regarding the project.

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

Its massive from what i can see, i cant wait for it to be finished then i want to see the Nikola Karev statue go up.

Comment

• Mastika
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                            Its massive from what i can see, i cant wait for it to be finished then i want to see the Nikola Karev statue go up.
                            Yea, it looks good, hopefully it will be erected sooner than later, but i guess thinking this way is jut Ramkovist Vassal propaganda etc. etc.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mastika
                              but i guess thinking this way is jut Ramkovist Vassal propaganda etc. etc.
                              Mastika, you are getting close.
                              Minister of foreign affairs Miloshosksi is closer:

Originally posted by Miloshoski
                              Ministry of Foreign Affairs reiterates its position that artistic representations of important historic figures from the region, such as those which appear on the lions on the Goce Delcev bridge, are in no way inconsistent with the requirements of the 1995 Interim Accord. The Interim Accord does not and was never intended to curtail artistic expression, as the commitment undertaken by both Parties in article 9 makes clear. The Ministry once again expresses its hope that the Hellenic Republic does not seek to undermine the freedom of expression that is reflected in the right of artistic expression in either of our countries.
                              The statues will only be "artistic expression" in Macedonia. They will mean nothing in terms of celebration of the Macedonian identity. This is the governmental stance. How can anyone be excited by that? Why not put some brave Greek/Serbian/Bulgarian freedom fighter up as a statue as well. They would be from the region too and "artistic" too no doubt.

Perhaps you can ask the DPMNE government precisely what significance these statues have. I used to be excited by them until I read DPMNE's letter to the UN. Now I am disgusted.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

RTG,

The true meaning of these statues is one thing and what the nut case Milosovski thinks of them is another. By having any negative feelings towards these statues simply for the fact that VMRO party believe they are only an "artistic expression" you are in a way, (unintentionally) giving credence to their claim.

Governments will come and go. The statues and the fact they represent Macedonian identity will always be there long after Milisovski. So we should be excited and promote these statues.
                                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                                X