• Show
Clear All
  • spitfire
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    I would say trysexual.

He gave it to Greece as well.
    Trysexual. Common among men with power wouldn't you say?

As for the greeks, I think the athenians were known about this prior to Alexander.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
      Gay or bisexual?
      Woman can be straight,lesbian or bisexual (even though many that consider themselves lesbian are in fact bisexual).
      Men however (and this is only my opinion here) are either straight or gay.
      Bisexual is not an option.
      Once you have your arse rammed there's no going back .
      ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
        • Aug 2014

Gay or bisexual?

To those who are nationalists, I guess they would detest it.
        I see this Hephaestion thing is really hitting the news in Greece.Its all over the Greek press today.

I ll go with gay.He had to be with women in order to continue his legacy so I guess he was under a lot of pressure to produce offspring.

I believe his true love was Hephaestion.

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
          Woman can be straight,lesbian or bisexual (even though many that consider themselves lesbian are in fact bisexual).
          Men however (and this is only my opinion here) are either straight or gay.
          Bisexual is not an option.
          Once you have your arse rammed there's no going back .

Well I am gay but I dont think we can exclude bisexuality in men,especially in terms of their sexual behaviour. However I tend to agree that genuine bisexuality in men is somewhat rare.Male sexuality tends to be polarised to one or the other extreme of the spectrum.

Besides having ur arse rammed is not an indication of ones sexual orientation it's an indication of the specific sexual behaviour they engaged at a particular moment.So yeah u can get f@cked up the arse and still not be gay
          Last edited by SoutherNeighbour; 09-12-2014, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by SoutherNeighbour View Post
            u can get f@cked up the arse and still not be gay
            First time I ever heard this one
            ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
            ― George Orwell

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
              First time I ever heard this one
              Sexual behaviour is not absolute predictor of sexual orientation.People experiment all the time.I am sure loads of people have tried gay sex without being gay or even bi.Just for the experience of it.

Anyhow back to the tomb.I cant help it but wonder if Hephaestion is in the tomb would it be possible to find some concrete evidence of Alexander's love for him?

Also I have this nagging question close to a decade now..Who was top and who was bottom ?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by SoutherNeighbour View Post

Well I am gay but I dont think we can exclude bisexuality in men,especially in terms of their sexual behaviour. However I tend to agree that genuine bisexuality in men is somewhat rare.Male sexuality tends to be polarised to one or the other extreme of the spectrum.

Besides having ur arse rammed is not an indication of ones sexual orientation it's an indication of the specific sexual behaviour they engaged at a particular moment.So yeah u can get f@cked up the arse and still not be gay
                SN, your candour is respected, but let's refrain from talking about the specific and explicit sexual actions of homosexuals or heterosexuals, as I don't want this discussion to degenerate into a downward spiral.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Nikolaj
                  • Aug 2014

Hephaestion

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
                    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    SN, your candour is respected, but let's refrain from talking about the specific and explicit sexual actions of homosexuals or heterosexuals, as I don't want this discussion to degenerate into a downward spiral.
                    You are right.I guess speaking specifically about Alexander's sexuality should be ok if its somehow linked with this tomb right?

Something tells me that a lot of media (especially in Greece) are not going to abandon this Hephaestion speculation

Comment

• Niko777
                      • Oct 2010

3 chambers found so far and all of them filled with dirt. No way this tomb was looted, who knows what is hidden inside
                      Last edited by Niko777; 09-13-2014, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Philosopher
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post

3 chambers found so far and all of them filled with dirt. No way this tomb was looted, who knows what is hidden inside
                        The suspense is rising indeed. Who knows who or what is inside? What will this finding reveal?

Comment

• spitfire
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

The first wall brought the sphinxes, the second the caryatids.
                          The way I see it and bearing in mind that it is made to become more impressive as you enter, they should normally find something that was meant to be more impressive.
                          A larnax perhaps? Or shoud they deep even deeper? Or is a larnax even further away? Or is it a throne?

Just questions from the greek media and archaeologists as the excavation continues.

Comment

• sydney
                            • Sep 2008

Alexander died outside of Macedonia. How was he honoured back home in Macedonia? What was the custom of the time (I imagine there would have been memorials of sorts)?

Comment

• Philosopher
                              • Sep 2008

The first wall brought the sphinxes, the second the caryatids.
                              The way I see it and bearing in mind that it is made to become more impressive as you enter, they should normally find something that was meant to be more impressive.
                              A larnax perhaps? Or shoud they deep even deeper? Or is a larnax even further away? Or is it a throne?

Just questions from the greek media and archaeologists as the excavation continues.
                              Is this excavation being treated differently than other excavations in Greece, say in Crete or Athens? Do you get the impression from the media that more is riding on this excavation? Do you believe this is because of the name dispute or is it because of the mystery and allure surrounding the ancient Macedonians and Alexander the Great?

Comment

• spitfire
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
                                Is this excavation being treated differently than other excavations in Greece, say in Crete or Athens? Do you get the impression from the media that more is riding on this excavation? Do you believe this is because of the name dispute or is it because of the mystery and allure surrounding the ancient Macedonians and Alexander the Great?
                                This big an excavation is not something you find everyday. So the attention is justified.

However, I think I have said this already, the timing of the re-start of the excavation is a bit weird.
                                And with all that visiting of the prime minister in August making it a... show? They had stopped the excavation 8 or nine months before, so why did it restart now?
                                Well maybe they found something they hadn't found before. OK, that could be an excuse.
                                But 15 or 20 days before the Nato summit? Where the pm of the republic of macedonia was actually announced as such?

Guesses of mine. This government is right wing, very right wing. They have nationalists as advisors. What if they told samaras to go along with this plan? After all he has nothing to lose with the tomb (except money).

Of course the name Alexander on its own is sufficient for the imagination of the public to go wild.

At this point only speculation is offered. Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X