Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George S.
    replied
    I dont know if people remmber how the greek govt has changed things to destroy so called slavic writings to greek ones.They changed macedonian to greek headstones.In greece only greek could be spoken and ordered the speaking only greek and no macedonian was ro be spoken.The castor oil was to be given.The various laws etc THe Literary crusade undertaken to change historic texts showing macedonia is greek hundreds of millions of euros spent.Some texts they forgot to change.Changing of toponyms from macedonian to greek ones.The bribing of various newspapers by the greek govt to write about the greekness of macedonia.Remember that offer was available to rom newspapers.Yhere was hundreds of millions of dollars spent on just thatTHey had rewriting and revision of encyclopaedias to reflect macedonia is greece.THe bringing of so called experts to alter finds in archaelogical digs
    tp reflect the greekness.of macedonia.Make no mistake about it the greek govt will
    go to any length to change things.ears ago it offered a lot of money to buy a macedonian helmet found on macedonian territory i beleive more than a million and a half marks toi the people who found it on rom teritory,Lucky the Rom govt put a stop to it.
    Greece would use these finds to say it was found on greek territory for propaganda purposes.Do people doubt that the greek govt doesn't alter things as they go??
    THe greek govt continuously alters things their way because there is a lot at stake .THink about it it doesn't want to lose northern greece it knows full well whats involved.THey only put greeks on the digs the ones that they can trust.Also why is it on rom teritory the find occassiobally no greek texts but on greek teritory they find only greek texts.Perhaps shows all the altering that goes on.Also occasionally they let people in to write about ONLY the GREEKNESS OF MACEDONIA ONLY PEOPLE THEY CAN TRUST.How many people lived long enough after they blabbermouthed to the press and the western world how macedonia is not hreek.THey get the chop.People simply underestimate the Greek govt.
    Last edited by George S.; 08-23-2014, 11:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Constellation
    replied
    May I ask what exactly do you think will be covered up or destroyed? Do you think non-Greek, possibly a form of Slavic, inscriptions may be found?

Or do you think there may be artifacts that expressly speak of a separate Macedonian ethnicity, culture, etc?

Archaeology is a highly politicized science. I have no doubt that not only in Greece, but throughout the world, discoveries are made that challenge the status quo on the origins of man and the history of the world.

These discoveries are silenced.

Leave a comment:

• Macedonian_Nationalist
    replied
    They will show the world what they want the world to see. Anything that does not suit will be destroyed.

Samara looks like Hitler inspecting the tombs. He's in on it and knows what's about to go down. Top secret !
    Last edited by Macedonian_Nationalist; 08-22-2014, 09:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Redsun
    replied
    Katerina Peristeri who is in charge of the excavation stated she believes the tomb is unlooted.

What gave her that confidence; I don’t understand why the sphinxes are headless? The people that were ordered to build it, did they bury it aswell? Why chop off the heads of the sphinx as the final act?

Who buried it?

And if someone had accidently stumbled upon the site and seen the entrance, why chop off the heads and disregard entering the tomb. It’s kind of senseless, knowing there could be a chance there is gold stored within inside the tomb and being content with chopping off a statues head.

I remember reading somewhere that there was a risk of the roof collapsing, how thick is the ceiling of the tomb???

Its 2014 a lot of documentaries are recorded whilst excavation is happening. In this modern age I would expect the first archeologist entering the tomb to have a Gopro video camera strapped to their head with the intention to inspire a new generation of Archeologist.

George they don’t intend to hide anything because it will always remain a risk to them, they don’t want to be exposed. They must destroy it.

Don’t you think it’s odd when smashed pottery is found in Macedonia it is pieced together by a team of experts yet there always seems to be a couple of pieces or more missing, why would anyone that had previously past the site have any interest in the shards. Alot of fine craftsmanship, is initialed and may even have its origin of creation engraved upon it.

Archeologist must be thorough they have to sift through the earth moving around every single grain of sand and dirt in an area of discovery. Every time I look at unmarked craftsmanship that has been shattered and there is only the smallest fraction missing I can only wonder was someone not happy with something they refused to agree with? Was it actually found shattered?

I don’t understand why the there is no world standards for archeology; it’s the preservation of human history.

Leave a comment:

• George S.
    replied
    Looting and DOCTORING are the same to me either way the truth is hidden.THere is no way the greek govt that has placed the complete dig under wraps is going to release soimething that will prove a distinctness of macedonians and greeks be let out without doctoring.Sometimes they let things out by mistake.THink about it if the govt found any ANCIENT MACEDONIAN words they would alter them to greek.Examples of that was the virgina and other sites that they tampered with.WE know all about what they got up to there.THe greekness of macedonia was shown.You know poly tarps come in handy to hide things.

Leave a comment:

• SoutherNeighbour
    replied
    Τhe fact that the tomb has not been looted is a good sign.In most Greek news sites right now Peristeri's statement is top news.

Leave a comment:

• Agamoi Thytai
    replied
    Originally posted by SoutherNeighbour View Post
    The newest photos coming from Serres show a truly remarkable tomb/monument.

[img]http://content-mcdn.ethnos.gr/filesystem/images/20140822/engine/newego_LARGE_t_420_54387720_type12713.jpg[/url]

I also read in some Greek sites that archaeologists are about to unearth the entrance of the burial chamber and that Katerina Peristeri who is in charge of the excavation stated she believes the tomb is unlooted.

Be wary as I really dont have faith in the Samaras government.I am sure they are gonna try and hellenize the tomb as much as possible.
    I also mistrust Samaras but not for that reason. Neither the tomb nor its occupant need to be Hellenized. Perhaps there is buried some of Alexander's generals from Amphipolis that were not of Macedonian origin, f.i. Nearchus, Laomedon or Erigyius.
    Last edited by Agamoi Thytai; 08-22-2014, 07:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SoutherNeighbour
    replied
    The newest photos coming from Serres show a truly remarkable tomb/monument.Be wary as I really dont have faith in the Samaras government.I am sure they are gonna try and hellenize the tomb as much as possible.

It appears that we are talking about a huge tomb and we will discover loads of stuff by the looks of it.Let's hope the Greek authorities will not try to use these Ancient Macedonian discoveries for propaganda purposes.

Leave a comment:

• Philosopher
    replied
    Νταρνάκα ακανέ,όπου γάμος και χαρά η Βασίλω πρώτη βλέπω

So the Greek propaganda will try its best once again to verify the Greek narrative of Macedonia's non existent ''Greekness''.

The media in Greece are all over this discovery.Obviously the Greek archaeologists are in close contact with the Samaras government and are turning this discovery into a huge show that somehow is supposed to help Samaras show something positive to the Greeks after the imposing of relentless austerity policies on the people of Greece.

BS 101 module taught by Samaras and his team.Needless to say that there are no international archaeologists participating in the excavation and this only goes to show how Greece is planning to manipulate the whole discovery.

Now something interesting in terms of how Greece is taking advantage of the issue is NERIT's (the new national TV broadcasting service) which hints constantly that this might be Alexander's tomb.Especially the past week or so they constantly air the opinion of a marginal Greek historian who said on ANT1 channel that this is Alexander's tomb.

If you could watch how the Greek media behave on this you would freak out.Each day you have panels of experts discussing the discovery.This goes on all day from all major Greek channels.Its truly unsettling to see how the media are manipulating the public opinion in Greece.

Btw Agamoi,why dont you explain to our Macedonian friends what your Greek nick means?While you are at it explain to us your reference to the Macedonian Truth Forum here

Oh and this last one please.Do explain to us what you are saying for the Macedonian users here (before I translate for them that is )
    http://www.phorum.gr/viewtopic.php?f...t=345#p6133181
    Thank you SN.

Leave a comment:

• Niko777
    replied
    New photos

Leave a comment:

• makedonche
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
    Thanks mate

Taking a step back and having a closer look, I reckon a couple of "farkin dickheads" or "arseholes" somewhere in the statement would've painted an even clearer picture, something closer to photorealism to make the point absolute instead of an abstract offering of open ambiguity...

Nice to see you here more often mate
    Phoenix
    I would welcome more colourful descriptions of the platesmashers( to lazy to wash them), I reckon it would add "dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl"....to quote someone famous!
    Good to be able to post again after an imposed leave of absence!

Leave a comment:

• SoutherNeighbour
    replied
    Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    It has been a very long time SoutherNeighbour!
    Welcome.
    Hey.
    Its been long time indeed!Happy I am back!

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    It has been a very long time SoutherNeighbour!
    Welcome.

Leave a comment:

• George S.
    replied
    I will make them cry they are nothing but liars and thieves.They lie to themselves and to the world what more can you expect from a lowdown life.GREEKS ARE THlowest life forms.

Leave a comment:

• SoutherNeighbour
    replied
    Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Looks awesome so far.
    No doubt anything "not helpful" will have been removed already by the usurpers.
    Please Risto dont make the Greeks cry.They are kinda sensitive when it comes to their fabrications

Leave a comment:

Working...
X