• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risto the Great
    replied
    Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
    Please do not use that term
    It probably has fallen out of favour since the 90's, but it used to be acceptable. But RoMacedonia makes more sense nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• DraganOfStip
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
    Are you trying to say if we find an ancient tomb in Vardar Macedonia...
    Please do not use that term (I understood that you used it in a geographical sense only,but it still doesn't sound pleasent).
    Macedonia,Republic of Macedonia,ROM...would all do.
    Last edited by DraganOfStip; 08-27-2014, 02:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• George S.
    replied
    you know besides other people besides archaelogists there are people who restore things.I remember reading on the vergina finds how they were restoring wall paintings "hunts""mending /repainting potterry.I would not be surprised if things were hush hush and they altered things their way.an you imagine what would happen if macedonian words were found they would alter it there and there to greek.I'm telling you they did that many times before.

Leave a comment:

• Toska
    replied
    Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
    Music video with people dancing?
    so called greeks dancing to a song singing about Alexander being a Macedonian king fighting against the greeks.

Leave a comment:

• Nikolaj
    replied
    Originally posted by Constellation View Post
    A bit naive. This is not a democracy. We cannot petition a foreign country, and a foreign academy, to allow in an international team of archaeologists.

We are at the mercy of the Greek state.
    Are you trying to say if we find an ancient tomb in Vardar Macedonia, and then we re-engineer it into to support all our claims, no one could question its authenticity? If that isn't a possibility, why does this forum exist?

I didn't really think we'd create a petition, that's young spirited. It was more of a joke than a reality, but it was more to indicate that people would like to ensure there's nothing shifty going on with the unveiling of what may be, the most important discovery to all of us.

Edit: Thanks George, hence my point proven strong with the example of the Vergina tomb and the possibility of fabrication... I don't see what's wrong with outsourcing someone else when historians know there is a Macedonian question.

Edit: Here's a common post on these news articles... Not political at all? You'd be a fool to deny it.

Prometheus, London, United Kingdom, 21 hours ago
    FInally... The people of FYROM can keep quiet now, as Alexander the Great will be proved Greek once again!
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz3BdQZLbIY
    Last edited by Nikolaj; 08-27-2014, 12:44 AM. Reason: spelling error and an addition

Leave a comment:

• Philosopher
    replied
    Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
    Bonus video: seems like the Macedonians in Kerasia (Krontselovo), Edessa (Voden) region have a response to the the finding of this tomb (08/24/2014)

Youtube link
    Music video with people dancing?

Leave a comment:

• Niko777
    replied
    Bonus video: seems like the Macedonians in Kerasia (Krontselovo), Edessa (Voden) region have a response to the the finding of this tomb (08/24/2014)

Youtube link

Leave a comment:

• Niko777
    replied
    new photos from today - mosaic floor has been unearthed.

Leave a comment:

• Constellation
    replied
    Originally posted by George S. View Post
    Guys as far as i know i have seen the pictures writings of the vergina tomb .There was definitely touch ups with paint on walls.Also the credentials of foreign archaelogists were checked rigorously.THey were fed the bs crap macedonia is greece.But definitely the greek govt was manipulating artifacts for their propagandaIts good to see greeks cong out and admittinmg some home truths.
    It would not surprise me, but we cannot prove this one way or another based on visual inspection of images.

Leave a comment:

• George S.
    replied
    i read somewhere that the parthenon wasn't built or designed by greeks it was built or designed by armenians.As people know armenians are pretty old people.Do people know the greeks were just colonisers.THey adopted a lot of things from other people prior to them.Apparently for example the pelasgians had a rich culture and massive buildings and monuments.The greeks will go to any lenghts to falsify any archaelogical digs.I have personaL FEED BACK FROM PEOPLE VISITING THESE TOMBS.,What appears as a descrated tomb is actually the greeks destroying evidence of real macedonian existence and artifacts proving who we really are.
    Because there was a shortage of artifacts the greek govt moved a lot of artifacts from their athens museum to do with macedonia to the north thats why you can't find macedonian artifacts that much in the athens museum.they try and give the inmpression of macedonia is greece.
    Not only this but the greek govt isv prepared to pay big bucks i'm talking millions for artifacts found on rom soil.You all know about selling artifacts os to foreigners and rom law forbidding it.Not surprised by the fact that greece falsifies its finds to their advantage.Do people remember some archaelogists have been given the chop or are banished os for being outspoken about the digs.

Leave a comment:

• Redsun
    replied
    Anyone who has visited the marvellous royal tombs at Vergina (ancient Aigai, the original capital of Macedonia) will already know that this region of Greece stands out for its impressive burial monuments. But in southern Greece, the famous sites that draw tourists tend to be public and religious buildings such as temples. This discrepancy points to what’s so interesting about Macedonia, and what sets it apart from other parts of Greece

“But in southern Greece, the famous sites that draw tourists tend to be public and religious buildings such as temples”

Wouldn’t that be because the people inhabiting Greece continued the craftsmanship that had been used by the occupiers of the lands from the Middle East and Egypt? Who built the first columned temples in Greece?

Makes you wonder how much stonework have the Romans removed from Macedonia?

Idiot explanations, there is no knowledge or reason in their comments; it’s trash talk, deceitful diarrhea.

Why no mention of King Leonidas and his tomb, what does it look like, where is it?

Leave a comment:

• George S.
    replied
    Guys as far as i know i have seen the pictures writings of the vergina tomb .There was definitely touch ups with paint on walls.Also the credentials of foreign archaelogists were checked rigorously.THey were fed the bs crap macedonia is greece.But definitely the greek govt was manipulating artifacts for their propagandaIts good to see greeks cong out and admittinmg some home truths.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Here's an interesting perspective...

Archaeologists have just discovered Greece’s largest ancient tomb. As well as attracting international media attention, the find has also had high-level political interest within Greece – the country’s…

It appears that not all things fit the pigeon hole that is the typical greek historical narrative...I'm guessing that there's some frenzied activity underway, crafting some creative interpretation that will explain the stark differences of a tomb in Macedonia with those found further south, without so much as a bump in the supposed historical synergy of the period...

Notice the ubiquitous comments from our plate smashing friends, their explanation is quite simple...forget the differences, it's all 'greek' to them...

Leave a comment:

• Redsun
    replied
    Katerina Peristeri - “There is no other such tomb in Greece, or the Balkans,” she said. “We are struggling to do a correct job, and some time is necessary, maybe another month. Today we’re removing stone blocks and digging. We’re not many, but we’re good.”

They said they would be in by the end of the month, now they say “another month” they may have already seen what’s inside.

Would be more practical to find out which international archeologist wants access to the site to study the work as it is being revealed and introduce a set of professional standards on how it should be conducted. Then there is the question, who will take care of their expenses during their time, flights, equipment? I don’t know of any current well renowned Archeologist.

Personally I have been waiting for some time now for an international interest in the discovery, some form of interest from an Archeological society, I have tried to find if there is such an international archeological institution/organization to contact to see whether they had intentions to document and record the work, I don’t know of such.

Leave a comment:

• Constellation
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
    Let the fabrication begin...

I bet they will address the issue that there's only Greek archaeologists working on the excavation then hire a bunch of random archaeologists (who aren't known to have discovered anything previously) and just pay them off.

If they are addressing the issue, why not hire British, Italian and Macedonian archaeologists to seal the deal on any questioning?

Who agree's that we should create a petition to ensure the validity of what may be the most important archaeological find in history? Lets nominate specific archaeologists we can trust to be taken aboard too.
    A bit naive. This is not a democracy. We cannot petition a foreign country, and a foreign academy, to allow in an international team of archaeologists.

We are at the mercy of the Greek state.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X