X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philosopher
    replied
    Originally posted by spitfire View Post
    The first wall brought the sphinxes, the second the caryatids.
    The way I see it and bearing in mind that it is made to become more impressive as you enter, they should normally find something that was meant to be more impressive.
    A larnax perhaps? Or shoud they deep even deeper? Or is a larnax even further away? Or is it a throne?

Just questions from the greek media and archaeologists as the excavation continues.
    Is this excavation being treated differently than other excavations in Greece, say in Crete or Athens? Do you get the impression from the media that more is riding on this excavation? Do you believe this is because of the name dispute or is it because of the mystery and allure surrounding the ancient Macedonians and Alexander the Great?

Leave a comment:

• sydney
    replied
    Alexander died outside of Macedonia. How was he honoured back home in Macedonia? What was the custom of the time (I imagine there would have been memorials of sorts)?

Leave a comment:

• spitfire
    replied
    The first wall brought the sphinxes, the second the caryatids.
    The way I see it and bearing in mind that it is made to become more impressive as you enter, they should normally find something that was meant to be more impressive.
    A larnax perhaps? Or shoud they deep even deeper? Or is a larnax even further away? Or is it a throne?

Just questions from the greek media and archaeologists as the excavation continues.

Leave a comment:

• Philosopher
    replied
    Originally posted by Niko777 View Post

3 chambers found so far and all of them filled with dirt. No way this tomb was looted, who knows what is hidden inside
    The suspense is rising indeed. Who knows who or what is inside? What will this finding reveal?

Leave a comment:

• Niko777
    replied

3 chambers found so far and all of them filled with dirt. No way this tomb was looted, who knows what is hidden inside
    Last edited by Niko777; 09-13-2014, 12:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SoutherNeighbour
    replied
    Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    SN, your candour is respected, but let's refrain from talking about the specific and explicit sexual actions of homosexuals or heterosexuals, as I don't want this discussion to degenerate into a downward spiral.
    You are right.I guess speaking specifically about Alexander's sexuality should be ok if its somehow linked with this tomb right?

Something tells me that a lot of media (especially in Greece) are not going to abandon this Hephaestion speculation

Leave a comment:

• Nikolaj
    replied

Hephaestion

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    Originally posted by SoutherNeighbour View Post

Well I am gay but I dont think we can exclude bisexuality in men,especially in terms of their sexual behaviour. However I tend to agree that genuine bisexuality in men is somewhat rare.Male sexuality tends to be polarised to one or the other extreme of the spectrum.

Besides having ur arse rammed is not an indication of ones sexual orientation it's an indication of the specific sexual behaviour they engaged at a particular moment.So yeah u can get f@cked up the arse and still not be gay
    SN, your candour is respected, but let's refrain from talking about the specific and explicit sexual actions of homosexuals or heterosexuals, as I don't want this discussion to degenerate into a downward spiral.

Leave a comment:

• SoutherNeighbour
    replied
    Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
    First time I ever heard this one
    Sexual behaviour is not absolute predictor of sexual orientation.People experiment all the time.I am sure loads of people have tried gay sex without being gay or even bi.Just for the experience of it.

Anyhow back to the tomb.I cant help it but wonder if Hephaestion is in the tomb would it be possible to find some concrete evidence of Alexander's love for him?

Also I have this nagging question close to a decade now..Who was top and who was bottom ?

Leave a comment:

• DraganOfStip
    replied
    Originally posted by SoutherNeighbour View Post
    u can get f@cked up the arse and still not be gay
    First time I ever heard this one

Leave a comment:

• SoutherNeighbour
    replied
    Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
    Woman can be straight,lesbian or bisexual (even though many that consider themselves lesbian are in fact bisexual).
    Men however (and this is only my opinion here) are either straight or gay.
    Bisexual is not an option.
    Once you have your arse rammed there's no going back .

Well I am gay but I dont think we can exclude bisexuality in men,especially in terms of their sexual behaviour. However I tend to agree that genuine bisexuality in men is somewhat rare.Male sexuality tends to be polarised to one or the other extreme of the spectrum.

Besides having ur arse rammed is not an indication of ones sexual orientation it's an indication of the specific sexual behaviour they engaged at a particular moment.So yeah u can get f@cked up the arse and still not be gay
    Last edited by SoutherNeighbour; 09-12-2014, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SoutherNeighbour
    replied
    Gay or bisexual?

To those who are nationalists, I guess they would detest it.
    I see this Hephaestion thing is really hitting the news in Greece.Its all over the Greek press today.

I ll go with gay.He had to be with women in order to continue his legacy so I guess he was under a lot of pressure to produce offspring.

I believe his true love was Hephaestion.

Leave a comment:

• DraganOfStip
    replied
    Gay or bisexual?
    Woman can be straight,lesbian or bisexual (even though many that consider themselves lesbian are in fact bisexual).
    Men however (and this is only my opinion here) are either straight or gay.
    Bisexual is not an option.
    Once you have your arse rammed there's no going back .

Leave a comment:

• spitfire
    replied
    Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    I would say trysexual.

He gave it to Greece as well.
    Trysexual. Common among men with power wouldn't you say?

As for the greeks, I think the athenians were known about this prior to Alexander.

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    Gay or bisexual?
    I would say trysexual.

He gave it to Greece as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X