• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spitfire
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
    I still don't understand what that photoshoped picture is trying to depict.
    Well if you read it says: Breaking news! The missing face of the Caryatid was found.

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
      • Aug 2014

Yep the missing face was found in the ground and according to Greece's culture ministry it has already been assembled back.This is strong evidence that the tomb was not looted but rather the face was destroyed due to either an earthquake or from an object falling on it caused by a natural event

The Caryatids are revealed to be full bodied after the removal of the soil that was covering them.

Here is the latest update from the Ministry with some amazing pics.

Last edited by SoutherNeighbour; 09-11-2014, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

sn how about the heads missing from the staues or other parts are cut off etc .That's looting.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• spitfire
          Banned
          • Aug 2014

There is no question that the tomb has been looted. The question is to what an extend. That we will have to wait and see.

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
            • Aug 2014

I doubt it was looted given that the face was found.Besides all this soil was a good camouflage technique to keep it hidden

Now a Cypriot historian has just presented some strong evidence today according to which the tomb was Hephaestion's ordered by Alexander.

It would be interesting to see the tantrums of the Greeks if it's Hephaestion's since this would be pretty solid indication that Alexander's one and only love was Hephaestion.If its his then we are sure to get loads of homophobic tantrums from the Greeks.

I am intrigued indeed

Comment

• spitfire
              Banned
              • Aug 2014

I saw today on TV an archaeologist saying the same about Hephaestion ordering it through sb else.

Hephaestion burried there? Interesting. The question is not how the Greeks would feel, but the whole world.

Comment

• Philosopher
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
                I saw today on TV an archaeologist saying the same about Hephaestion ordering it through sb else.

Hephaestion burried there? Interesting. The question is not how the Greeks would feel, but the whole world.
                For the moment, this is all speculation, as nothing concrete has been ascertained.

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
                  • Aug 2014

I doubt it would be a shock for the international community that Alexander was gay.It's pretty much widely known.Only in Greece people get tantrums over it.

Comment

• sydney
                    • Sep 2008

I love how Alexander's legacy, and that of the Macedonians, suddenly becomes less Greek - according to the Greeks - as soon as something queer arises.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

lies and more lies ,claims and counterclaims.alkl bs.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

I have yet to hear about an independent internationally recognised archaeologist taking part in these excavations?
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Dejan
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                          I have yet to hear about an independent internationally recognised archaeologist taking part in these excavations?
                          So true, they could be telling us whatever they want
                          You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
                            So true, they could be telling us whatever they want
                            Dejan
                            That's exactly what they have been doing for ages!
                            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• spitfire
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by SoutherNeighbour View Post
                              I doubt it would be a shock for the international community that Alexander was gay.It's pretty much widely known.Only in Greece people get tantrums over it.
                              Gay or bisexual?

To those who are nationalists, I guess they would detest it.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Gay or bisexual?
                                I would say trysexual.

He gave it to Greece as well.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X