X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nikolaj
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
    Please do not use that term (I understood that you used it in a geographical sense only,but it still doesn't sound pleasent).
    Macedonia,Republic of Macedonia,ROM...would all do.
    Macedonia was split into three, Vardar, Pirin and Aegan Macedonia all belong to Macedonia, the one and only Macedonia there has ever been.

There's nothing wrong with it, but I agree Republic of Macedonia sounds better.

I personally don't like using anything apart from Macedonia, because Republic of Macedonia should have all our regions in it.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

well said nikolaj and thats the truth.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
        • Aug 2014

You can see the amazing size of the tomb in the video released yesterday by Greece's culture ministry

I mean why would they build such a huge tomb if it was not meant for someone really important?Yes I am hinting Alexander.

Again the Greek media have started speculation after the release of the video that it has to be Alexander's

Absolutely stunning...It's massive!!!

Με σταθερό βήμα οι ανασκαφές στην ΑμφίποληΟλοκληρώθηκε και η τοποθέτηση του προσωρινού στεγάστρου, που καλύπτει εξωτερικά το μνημείοΣυνεχίζονται οι ανασκαφ...
        Last edited by SoutherNeighbour; 08-28-2014, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• Philosopher
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by SoutherNeighbour View Post
          You can see the amazing size of the tomb in the video released yesterday by Greece's culture ministry

I mean why would they build such a huge tomb if it was not meant for someone really important?Yes I am hinting Alexander.

Again the Greek media have started speculation after the release of the video that it has to be Alexander's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js7KBBek_G0
          Yes, very impressive.

Are you or your countrymen suggesting that Alexander's dead corpse was transferred to this tomb? Or do you think it is a tomb devoted to his memory, even though his corpse is not present?

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SoutherNeighbour View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js7KBBek_G0
            Possibly for someone really important but most probably for someone with lots of money...highly unlikely that it's AtG...

Comment

• Niko777
              • Oct 2010

I'm guessing it belongs to a general of Alexander the Great, maybe one of the successors of the empire.

Comment

• Nikolaj
                • Aug 2014

From what I've seen thus far, they did find inscriptions, about 2-3.

One i re-call they stated it said "Mara"

Comment

• Constellation
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post

What do you think this means?

Comment

• Niko777
                    • Oct 2010

new photos

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

could be the godess mara.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Redsun
                        • Jul 2013

They had reached that wall over a week ago didn't they?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nikolaj

If you have pictures, please post them.
                          Originally posted by Constellation View Post
                          What do you think it means?
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Nikolaj
                            • Aug 2014

Sorry guys... I literally can't find it. It was on one of the news articles I was reading. It's strange how it suddenly disappeared from their photos. I really should have saved it, but i'll try looking for it now.

Originally posted by Constellation View Post
                            Not sure man. George might be correct about it being the goddess Mara (from Latvian mythology I believe).

Comment

• Constellation
                              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
                              Sorry guys... I literally can't find it. It was on one of the news articles I was reading. It's strange how it suddenly disappeared from their photos. I really should have saved it, but i'll try looking for it now.

Not sure man. George might be correct about it being the goddess Mara (from Latvian mythology I believe).
                              So there is currently no evidence of this apart from your testimony?

Mara also means death in Hindu, and it is a force similar to the grim reaper.

Comment

• Constellation
                                • Jul 2014

I have read news' reports that the tomb is believed to have been raided. Any definite confirmations?

Comment

Working...
                                X